Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Some guy named Jody from Unknown Guild asked me if I had stairs in my house, and then gave me 500k plat. I just asked for a guild invite but he just gave me money and logged off haha. Who do I /tell for an invite? Who the gently caress is that guy? Thanks dude.

I just started as a human SK

edit; Just bought a fungi

Malaria fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I can't seem to get this game to run. I install it, and unzip the p99 files, and then I get an error saying mss32.dll and DSETUP.dll are missing. The files are there, I have them excluded in the Windows anti virus thing,

Tried about every fix I could find via google. Nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts? I'm on Windows 10.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

FYI the new TLP is only like a week old, still has almost 7 weeks of Classic left before Kurnak drops. No weird rules this year on Yelinak, just old school TLP. It is a lot more active than Blue is right now. Groups everywhere with tons of picks(instances of zones pop up when too many players are in one zone. Like Sol B had like 10 different zones of Sol B last night for example and you can swap between them to find groups or get a certain camp).

If you want nostlgia with more active players now is the time to hop on.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Sankis posted:

That's a planes of power server right? Is it going a progression thing like p99 Green did or is it launching into pop?

I've actually never played past Velious... Does that era still feel suitably harsh/classic Everquest?

I never played post Velious for the longest time until I started playing on Agnarr (PoP locked live server) with some friends.

PoP and Luclin are cool and fun. Lots of interesting zones and raids. Tons of new gear, quests, etc. And its not so radically different than the previous stuff other than having a travel hub and the bazaar.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Nerds crying about poo poo ruins everything.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Does Quarm have DZs? Or is the end game going to be like p99 with lawyerquest stuff?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I made a Druid on Quarm. I don't know if I can handle this old client. I'm too used to modern TLPs. :(

Seems fun though.

edit: also this super dark mode that they have going is awful. It's like on p99 Green. The game was never this dark. It looks terrible. I can't even imagine how dumb it must be if you are a human.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 12, 2023

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Fungi Staff is pretty solid too fyi. It's not crazy expensive. You can't use it until like 40, but it's a pretty good 2h blunt weapon while leveling. The effect stacks with the tunic. You can just click it off any time to drop the snare effect.

It combines well with the SoW clicky boots you get from the Shaman epic questlne. The fungi staff regen will override SoW, but having a clicky for SoW negates that.

Beyond haste and regen stuff, go all out on HP/AC gear. You can face tank pretty much everything with slow. Especially once you can use the JBB at 46.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I always just see 6 mages camping Djarn 24/7 on the TLPs I've played on.