Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Where is green at with content? I would guess kunark, are we close to velious?

Im wondering which class to go with. Ill try one i havent already so im juggling with:

- Mage
- Necro
- SK

Maybe other classes. Not shaman, cleric, druid, wiz.

I read that mage is hard to come into itself because of hard to get epic, reading something about a mage nerf etc... but also see a necro looking for pages to buy and skill-intensive like the enchanter... im a very rusty old school rallos player who doesnt remember much about the game.

I need something ez to start that is wanted in groups/raids but can also solo loving around to twink/farm pp.

Ill be playing with a controller (lol) so im not sure if a necro will be button intensive (8 -12 buttons to push being ideal) and if ill enjoy playing it with a controller. Also willing to look at class suggestions.

Ill be starting with a mage i guess and will come check the thread for feedback, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Well Played Mauer posted:

On a controller you’ll need your spell gems as well as commands for the pet to attack, back off, and guard. No clue how you’re gonna manage targeting though.

Thanks for feedback! Im using a keyboard and mouse emulator (Joy-to-key) so targeting will be my usual D-pad right :)

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Im waiting on red 2.0 to launch, if it ever comes. Im eager to start playing but dont wanna burn out. I missed the green train i guess since its already in velious. Theres a Rogean test server on the server list, i wonder if thats what it is. It was promised in 2019 but not much news since then.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

milkman dad posted:

I don’t know if I would hold my breath for a new red server. Everquest pvp essentially amounts to getting ganked by rogues in crushbone or wizards on the walls of city of mist. A new test server would probably be more in-line with whatever pve server is going to be spun up after green is finished in patch timeline (due to conclude final patch next summer).

Ive had plenty of fun as a sham on red, wiz on live. Your group getting attacked (to me anyway) breaks the tedium of the endless grind. Have a pvp session for an hour or 2, then get back to leveling. We had long big KC fights on red that were pretty fun, sniping dragons while 2 big guilds were fighting with a small group, things like that. I know its not for everyone but i enjoy it.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Sankis posted:

You've never truly lived if you weren't there for Project M on live servers. What an absolutely bonkers idea. Just the devs throwing ideas at the wall and briefly having it on test servers before bringing it to the live servers.

It was too beautiful (and broken lmao) for this world.

For anyone unfamiliar, a bit after Velious launched we got this:

This was in a client where buffing npcs and stuff was possible. So if you could communicate that you were a monster player it was not unheard of for someone to buff you (though equally likely someone would kill you immediately.) It didn't last especially long as you can probably imagine, though it supposedly ended up inspiring the Darkhollow expansion a few years later

I played that. I remember in Toxx(?) seeing another spider and i jumped. It jumped in response. Jump! Jump! And then we went our way to kill some players. We got one before i was killed and lost my spider partner.

I also remember in eastern commons someone in OOC saying "what the gently caress theres a snake camping my corpse"