Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
EQ rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Zil posted:

You might be biased. Though didn't think there were many marauders left after I farmed them for my necros skull cap.

KOS to you buddy, get the gently caress out of my sight

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

There’s a p99 goons discord, and there def is a presence. Not much of a raiding presence. There’s always leveling groups going on both green and blue, moreso on green. Find a nice cozy guild.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

It’s just mandatory on a class without gate

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Yeah Bone Knight is the name thought up by players for a melee necro using lifetaps, procs, and banshee aura to 'melee'

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

They’re in the loving trees

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I personally don’t like boxing but without a community you kinda need it. Would be nice to have 1 box zones though, so there’s always somewhere to go where boxing isn’t the optimal way to play

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

blatman posted:

as an sk, is the lack of frontal stun immunity from not being an ogre going to be a big problem in practice? by the time I switched mains to shadowknight on retail the devs had given every tank stun immunity via an aa so I never really had to deal with it

not at all

Burt Gherkin posted:

Wow so I posted that comment about leaving Vanquish just before bed. By the time I woke up the comment was doxxed and distributed on Vanquish discord. Lmao Godspeed goon detective.

There are some decent people in the guild for sure but I'm not prepared to take the game as seriously as they do. To the point where it's weird.

wow, wtf. lol, what a bunch of wankers

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I bet you tried to open the map and panicked

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Weak

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

retpocileh posted:

Iksar is the minmax pick because of racial regen, but drat are they stupid looking in robes.

Wow which dumpster did you find this opinion in

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Dizz posted:

are SKs any good at soloing? i dumped all my cash into my cleric but sitting at unrest LFG 24/7 loving blows dick so im considering iksar sk

If you want to solo as a melee, monk and SK. But they’ll be worse at soloing than say a shaman, necro, enchanter, mage, etc.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Twinked melees can really destroy poo poo early on though, and they’re great for duoing

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

blatman posted:

this necromancer is much more fun than the untwinked sk

i figure i will leave the sk for a future project

SK is just a necro that auto attacks more and doesn't have any of the fun spells to cast. Really casters are the way to go for an active playstyle. I love my monk but it's not exactly engaging play aside from pulling or doing splitting shenanigans, my shaman is much more fun.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Solo iksar monk plays like a survival game

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

After a certain point very early on, you get weaker compared to individual monsters too. That’s why it’s such a party focused game

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Pillow Armadillo posted:

You can solo with anything if you're patient and persistent enough. Sqid did a solo rogue to what, 60, awhile back?

That was just a challenge, 'soloing' usually means effective soloing, not pulling singles and hoping you don't die to the next dark blue con because you didn't regen up to 100%

I'm a fungi'd/epic'd monk and man, 54 sucks rear end. Couldn't imagine having to solo this level as a loving non-monk melee

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Yea a lot more opens up with gear, but the gear in question isn’t gonna be cheap (fungi) though some of it can be affordable (blood points arent too bad now right?)

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Paladins can’t heal groups but they can support an offensive healer or a very good dps group

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Druids get a bad rap for not having complete heal but the ports and buffs are so nice to have when duoing or grouping.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You also get a rez capping at 90% or so, not irrelevant

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Meatgrinder posted:

Oh my necro is nearly 28 and the brutes are really safe xp but that sounds a nice place to graduate to, can't think of the last time I've been down the mines

They're good money as well, I farmed a whole tinkerer bag there (great for monks)

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Anyone hitting howling stones on green?

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Combat bind wound was deemed not classic and removed.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The goofy smile

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The biggest hack for pvp servers is being nice and making friends but yeah don’t expect to get to even lv10 unmolested. Ogre war with resist gear and a weighted axe cheese sounds fun tho

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Works great until well in your 40s and then you’re still a charming class so op as gently caress

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

It’s already playable and feels fun to play, so congrats now it’s ‘just’ more content.

No iksars though??

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I’m playing on green as Akrar, 60 monk

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Which green guilds are you guys in? I'm in Kingdom

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Yeah I was in Dial a Daniel too, then went to Ancient Blood later, FoH, and then Kingdom ironically since I wanted to cool down a little bit and stop losing sleep/waking up outside of my own time zone.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The discord linked here is a goon one

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I joined good guys now as well, Akrar, hit me up

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Hibajubwa posted:

Welcome to the dark side!

I’m on vacation at the moment, but I’ll be back to weekday playtimes and raiding in the next couple weeks. Hope to see you around!

Hmu on Salta/Enkanto/Buitre if you need anything.

Cool I’ll add you. I mostly play euro hours but I wanna level some alts and do cash encounters with my monk

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I’m playing on green still. The PoP box sounds fun but it’s run by 2 very unstable individuals

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I'm leveling a new necromancer, hit me up on Zixti (green server), level 16 as of this post

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I’m leveling a new necro if anyone wants to game. On p99 green, lvl 21. Look for Zixti Nyne

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I like p99, but I don't have a manastone there. The raid scene is alright, it's very classic (lots of staring at walls, CH chain, etc) and everyone is old now so it's kind of chill. On Green at least.

Quarm seems like a better 'touring' server, play a little, check all the boxes, get all the stuff. P99 has a lot of influence just because it's so stable. You can still sell bone chips in the EC tunnel and buy your starter weapons with them, a fungi tunic still costs an arm and a leg, etc.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

well yeah it's stagnant by design, I started green on launch and its been quite the journey. the end result of these servers will always be that everyone collects at the top since there's no constant release of new expansions, but theres a good couple years every release where the gaming's good.

quarm goes to luclin though, which will be really interesting. but 5 years down the line it will be top heavy as well, depending on the population and whether it lasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You’re not at full mana though. It’s 60hp for 20 mana. Its only infinite mana (in return for a lot of time) on clerics and people with clicky rune or free healing like druids and wizards. And they need to have those clickies on them as well. Even clerics arent great with it since most of their mana pool is on their gear, which still sits on their corpse after dying.

It’s an alt leveling toy but a really cool one