Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Siets posted:

Also, how do I fight a bard as a monk?

If you're outdoors, just zone plug. If you get really, really lucky with a tstaff proc+innerflame combo you may be able to put a dent in them but as soon as Selos pulses, they'll be gone.

Indoors just use a 2hander and treat them like an Enchanter that you can't really interrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Multiple GM's have made forums posts in the past saying GINA is against the rules because reasons, and they might start banning for it, and knowing them it will be done all ninjalike like this patch. Same with maps.

They aren't ever going to ban for poo poo like GINA or GamParse because it doesn't interact directly with the client, it just reads a file. They have talked about disabling the logging function to prevent use of these tools, but that is obviously non-classic and also presents problems for CSR issues.

Removing buff timers is pretty dumb considering all of the non-classic stuff that's allowed to remain, but c'est la vie.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

MageMage posted:

if the bards are like, actual EVERQUEST 1 BARDS

considering that's the whole point of the server, I think you're good to go

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

MageMage posted:

I am completely interested but I am having trouble finding Titanium. I own all the expansions up to planes of power, will that work?

https://kat.cr/everquest-titanium-t1359241.html

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I really need to get one, but will have to take the faction hits as it stands. How can Dain/Coldain faction be improved if I decide to go KoS?

Dain faction is kind of a pain, but you can kill mobs in the Tormax area in Kael to improve it. You only need it if you want to do the ring or shawl quests, though.

Coldain faction is pretty easy, just slaughter poo poo in Kael. Plate cycle is a good camp and will get you CoV faction as well.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Summit posted:

Started a human SK — some very interesting faction problems with that combination. You start out with all factions of Qeynos on the cusp of hating you. Already walked into a few buildings and had some random NPC beat my face in. Pretty sure I can't do the Gnoll Fang quest until I'm ready to leave the area as I'm already dubious with every guard and I'll be threatening with corrupts after just a few turn ins.

Human SK isn't a bad combo but Ogre or Iksar are much better choices. Ogre gets you stun immunity and excellent base melee stats, Iksar gives you regen and a significant AC bonus. Troll is also a viable option but if you're gonna be huge, you may as well go Ogre. Also, Iksars have the best starting area in the game and basically no faction issues in their home town.

If you want to do Human, I'd recommend starting in Freeport. If you start in Freeport, you can pick up buffs from people sitting in the EC tunnel and it'll make the initial levels extremely easy.

All up to you, of course.. just offering some unsolicited advice =P

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Summit posted:

Anyone have any good stories about rarer class combos? Advantages in the way of items people aren't normally familiar with?

Erudite Cleric following Cazic Thule is pretty awesome. You get a slew of clickies to use, and a really decent shield:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Disciple_Symbol_of_Cazic_Thule (Panic Animal, 2 second cast)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Initiate_Symbol_of_Cazic_Thule (Spook the Dead, 2 second cast)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask (Fear, 6 second cast)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Dread_Forged_Shield

The awesome part about the necklaces is the short cast time, which is identical to the actual spell in both cases. Iksar and Troll Shamans can also use the necklaces.
The mask and shield aren't deity restricted and can also be used by Human clerics.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Thinking about rolling a melee class to get a break from druid here and there, decided on SK, agonizing over race choice.
I really don't want to be a Ogre or Troll. They're hideously ugly and they're huge.

But drat, it seems like they're the way to go because of slam. That seems really good? Without it you've gotta wear a shield and bash, but 2h weapons seem pretty great.
Then Troll also has regen, which is huge. But that xp penalty hurts so bad on top of SK.

I think I've narrowed it down to Dark elf or Iksar, both sound like fun. Iksar's got the health regen but more exp penalty. Hm.
Is making an SK without slam a huge mistake?

Slam doesn't really matter honestly. It's nice to have but it won't be a deal breaker. If you're worried about min-maxing, being a subpar race like Human or DE will hurt you a lot more than not having Slam.

Some of your best weapons (Ebon Mace, Noct Blade, Mace of the Shadowed Soul) are 1handers. Noct Blade + Atra shield is a great combo and fairly cheap for how good it is. 1H + Shield is usually preferable to 2H unless you're trying to DPS, which SKs aren't very good at anyway.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Cabilis is kind of a pain in the rear end at first, but it's also pretty small. Three rules: Don't go in the water unless you have to, stay away from the froglok slaves until level 6 or so, and don't go exploring in the SK/Shaman guild.. you'll eventually get stuck in a maze that's annoying to get out of.

Everything you need is in East Cabilis. When facing the SK/Shaman guild with your back to the water, Field of Bone is to the right behind the building. The bank is behind you, to the left. Food/drink can be found on the vendors near the West Cabilis zone line.

WinEQ2 limits your framerate to ~60 by default, which may seem choppy if you're used to 100+ FPS. You can change the options in the EQPlayNice area of the configuration to increase your framerate.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Erdricks posted:

Any recommendations for places to farm enchanter gear around lvl 20? Outside of my stein of moggok, I'm pretty much wearing my starter gear/low level statless drops.

Enchanters have it super easy when it comes to cheap gear. Some of your best pieces are dirt cheap.

Good, cheap stuff:

- Opalline Earrings (5 CHA) - 75p each
- Electrum Star Ruby Ring x2 (7 CHA) - 100p each from a JC
- Golden Cat Eye Bracelet x2 (7 CHA) - 25p each from a JC
- Drake-hide leggings (5 CHA) - 250p in EC
- Crude Stein (15 CHA) - 50p in EC
- Sarnak Arcane Fetish (5 CHA 6 INT) - 250p in EC

Prioritize CHA over INT; you won't regret it and the gear will be a lot cheaper.

Here's what I set my new ENC twink up with. Some of the other slots are expensive but I use the cheap stuff above as well:

* Neck: Black Sapphire Velium Necklace
* Head: Kobold Jester's Crown
* Ears1: Opalline Earring
* Ears2: Opalline Earring
* Face: Crystal Spider Eyes
* Chest: Robe of the Ishva
* Arms: Gatorscale Sleeves
* Back: Hierophant's Cloak
* Waist: Braided Cinch Cord
* Shoulders: Worn Cloth Mantle
* Wrists1: Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
* Wrists2: Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
* Legs: Drake-hide Leggings
* Hands: Coldain Skin Gloves
* Fingers1: Ring of the Frost Spiders
* Fingers2: Electrum Star Ruby Ring
* Feet: Coldain Skin Boot

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Summit posted:

Can I just say that I really dislike Oasis?

Outside of the Orc highway spot, Oasis is pretty terrible for grouping. Crocs can be good exp for a soloing Druid or Necro, but that's really about it.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

At least the hybrid penalty is going away, but ... seriously consider rolling a caster instead.

Second this.. try an Iksar Necro. Great first character, relatively easy to play, and has varied playstyles so you can change things up as you get better with the class.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

GG's leak is juicy as gently caress

Thought you guys might like this bit:

quote:

[9/29/2015 5:09:56 PM] Braknar: Ya that’s annoying, I must have been gearing up to
sweep it then didn’t. SEQ usage on red seems to be a lot bigger issue thanSEQ on
blue
[9/29/2015 5:10:06 PM] Moregan Theguide: i m sure there will be plenty of "I TOL
D YOU so-and-so WAS A DIRTY CHEATER!" RnF threads
[9/29/2015 5:10:10 PM] Braknar: Well ya
[9/29/2015 5:12:45 PM] Braknar: Cursory glance, I see some lvl 50+s that will be
banned
[9/29/2015 5:13:31 PM] Braknar: Only major guild I’m seeing atm is Thunderdrome
[9/29/2015 5:13:41 PM] Braknar: But still, we’ll see when the dust settles

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Danksauce posted:

I remember having a hell of a time leveling my barbarian shaman at release, should I be starting in the Freeport area?

Halas is a pretty poo poo newbie area, but you could always make the run to Qeynos Hills instead.

Field of Bone is probably the best/easiest newbie area, and Iksar make great Shamans too.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Barb shaman is goodnot the worst class/race combo though. Warrior and Wizard are the "reroll now" classes.

Really should roll Troll or Iksar, or even Ogre. Barb is definitely the worst shaman race by far. Innate regen is huge until you get Torpor. Ogre isn't too bad, frontal stun immunity is better than the extra WIS that Barbs get.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Guess it just comes down to preference ultimately. My brother plays a 60 Iksar Shaman and we've never had a moment where either of us has said "Wow, wish you were an Ogre" but we definitely gush over the innate HP regen pretty often.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

You can hold W+A and then hit enter to open chat entry, you'll autorun and turn left at the same time. No macros required

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

It's a classic "feature" and was done on live, I'd doubt if they care about it at all. It wasn't widely known that it was possible, but I had a couple friends who transferred some NODROP items using this mechanic and transfers to/from Stormhammer server.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

QQui is my favorite.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175946

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Prophecy120 posted:

Update! I spent a few days in the tunnel getting back on my feet and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. After checking all of my characters on all my accounts I scrounged up 8k plus a Tranix crown, which I sold for 11k. The big purchases (for me, at least) were a pair of Coldain Skin Gloves and GEBs. I figure for 4k and 2k they are good investments and will probably last until I stop playing the account. I also picked up some 5ac/55hp rings, 3 wisdom ears, Runed mithril bracers, Giant scalemail cloak, Totemic Helm, Ivory Imbued Collar and... I think that's it.

Now the question is, with my remaining 11.5k do I buy arms, shoulders, & 1 wrist and keep my Splitpaw Hide Tunic.... or do I try and spend it all on an Iksar Regen BP. I'm leaning just going all in with the BP and use rags for the last slots until I can fill them in KC or Seb groups, but that' mainly because I'm tired of EC and want to get back to playing. Thanks for the advice on the gear, it gave me a good idea where to start.

At this point I'd start getting exp and saving your cash. Fungis are lower than ever at like 47k. If you can gather up 15k for an Iksar BP, it shouldn't be too hard to get 47k for a Fungi with some farming and grouping in Seb. You'll also need a poo poo ton of money for spells when you hit 60, but you probably know that.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

shirunei posted:

Is it really worth springing for worn fungi vs. casted from the staff? Theoretically ikky bp and fungi staff would stack.

Worn Fungi stacks with the effect from the staff, which is a spell effect. The staff effect doesn't stack with Regrowth or SoW, which is what makes it annoying to use.

Iksar BP and Fungi staff will stack fine, as one is a worn effect and the other is a spell effect. Worn effects will almost always stack with spell effects.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

I've always wondered about this guy. I have almost 2 years of logs from EC and he's never once said anything in a public channel, but yet.. he's always there.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

hayden. posted:

If Barhoom is on 24 7 isn't the account owner almost certainly dual boxing?

Definitely wouldn't be the only person who dual boxes an EC mule. Plenty of people do it, but nobody talks about it for obvious reasons.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Rofl was waiting on that. Done farming monk robes and gnome masks?

oh and SoD's since you live in the ghetto and can't recharge mallets

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Erudite is objectively the worst race for SK/Paladin by far. Lowest STA, lowest STR, and no meaningful racial abilities for melee. That being said, play whatever you enjoy.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Pillow Armadillo posted:

p99 blue is so laid back that a guild can secure FTE on Tormax, port to ToV for other dragons, then come back for their reserved raid mobs. :gonk:

Sirken was asked to clarify the stall/kite rules for this exact reason during the nerd summit, and he flat out refused. He said that he feels that "black and white" rules lead to more PetitionQuest.

At this point, I can't even blame the players for the toxic raid scene. It's almost entirely Sirken's fault.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Anarch posted:

I guess this is old and doesn't mat...

Oh...

It's basically unchanged from the previous iteration. It also doesn't make any provisions for the silly footrace FTE rules that are going on in Kael currently.

Hopefully we keep getting more earthquakes so that people are busy killing poo poo instead of drafting petitions and editing video.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

pepito sanchez posted:

apparently though, after the guild summit with Sirken not too long ago they'll be changing resists around a bit in some patch.

That's good to hear. Zland and Kland should be a lot easier than they are.

Zland is particularly rough without poo poo tons of Wort pots and Reapers/Soulfires to keep people from catching low HP aggro.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

It happened but it wasn't anywhere near as widespread as far as I saw, and can remember. Clicky abuse was isolated to the top groups in the top guilds - most players didn't even know about recharging at that point.

One of the guilds I was in on live, Leviathan on Stormhammer, was run by two former raid leaders of Fires of Heaven (Krurk and Zamtil). We definitely made use of clickies, but we did not have our entire stable of Warriors set up with Midnight Mallets, Puppet Strings, Prayers of Life, and Bladestoppers like Aftermath/Awakened do.

On live I knew one person that I can remember who quested a Soulfire for CH charges. Majority of people didn't even know you could use it from inventory and thought it was PAL only. Same thing with Reapers of the Dead.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Meanwhile Red players are lamenting the lack of new players on the server...

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

BDA, Anonymous, and Venerate are all solid & active casual guilds. Ignore BDA's reputation on the forums - Chest and the rest of the leadership are awesome, level-headed folk.

A lot of the old Rampage crew went to BDA for casual times, and Anonymous has also been picking up some semi-retired hardcore raiders.

edit: If you're looking for a levelling guild, go with Kittens Who Say Meow. Silly name but generally nice people with a very social atmosphere.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Epics were changed to (I think) 46+ to wield/click a few patches ago.

Correct, 46+ for all epics. Not classic but will probably never be reverted.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

The politics on the server are hilarious. Sirken's new raid rules state that guilds *must* negotiate before petitioning an incident; if they do not, they run the risk of being suspended for 10 days. None of AM, Venerate, or Rustle contacted any Awakened officers about the Naggy incident. The petition was apparently put in by AM and Awakened's appeal was closed without review by Rogean after Fingerz tilted.

But that's OK, Awakened are obviously the rule lawyering cheater guild and wholly deserving of the suspension. Except that Aftermath behaves in exactly the same way, but it generally works out better for them because Nalken has been long time friends with Sirken in and out of game.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Inimicul posted:

What's it like to be a bard on phinny? Are there any major differences in song or game mechanics?

You get /melody so twisting in combat isn't a thing. Instruments have new (and dumb) graphics. I think more instruments are primary usable also, in addition to Sky/VP instruments.

nyclin fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 22, 2016

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Herv posted:

P99 got some fundamental things wrong with this plane and its my fault for not helping out in the beta.

I was able to find my EQMAC logs and screenies to show proof of whats wrong, I am guessing even odds at best they make the changes.

Basically the zone is a total bust though. Even working properly its about 40 hours per chest piece. Now its like 80 hours minimum (or pay 30k for a doll, 20-30k for thrones (2), 10k for crowns(2)), whoever made this 'balance' call regarding the Gift Box quest did not know what they were doing.

There's a fairly long bug report regarding drop rates in PoM: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224972

It seems like the staff are extremely reluctant to make changes which benefit players. NToV dragons drop less loot than they should, Tunare/Yelinak both drop 2-3 items when they should be dropping 3-4. There's lots of evidence to support these drop rates, but the staff simply don't respond to the bug reports.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Herv posted:

The biggest jaw dropper I have with p99 is when a Warrior told me the BoC doesn't proc EB. LOL WHAT?? That's the point of the loving weapon.

BoC was pretty lovely until EB proc got added in Luclin.

You can blame Ele & Daldaen for it not having the EB proc on P99. It was dropping with EB during beta, but they both campaigned for the era-accurate stats.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

xZAOx posted:

That's really classic.

Verant/SoE were super quick to nerf things. Very fast with implementing changes/fixes that in turn made the game harder. Meanwhile, bugs and issues that made life harder, would take forever to get fixed - if ever.

Yes it is. However, this isn't subjective - there's data which demonstrate that the mobs should be dropping more loot than they are currently.

Verant/SoE were slow to make changes to benefit the players, because they had to decide what to do. P99 staff, in the two cases I mentioned at least, just have to make the proper changes so that the content is accurate to the era.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Bashez posted:

I'm really confused about how time accurate they're trying to make these things.

Is my old man brain acting up or didn't Avatar of War only get an actual loot table until a little before luclin? Shouldn't he spend most of Velious dropping cloth caps?

AoW dropped loot, but there were only 2-3 known kills prior to Luclin release and all of them happened weeks before it hit. They're pretty accurate on most things though.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

iNteg posted:

I believe it was Tunare.

Yeah it was definitely Tunare. I'd also love to find the rant. They killed Tunare and it dropped 2 Necro robes or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

DeathSandwich posted:

Isn't there a safe spot to camp as a rogue once you get up there? It really wouldn't be so bad if you found a safe corner up there where you could log in and hit your stealth buttons before you got smashed by a wandering mob. At that point it'd just be a matter of logging in to check every couple of hours.

You can camp at the bottom of the stairs to the 2nd floor, between the pillar and the staircase. I'd watch it for a few minutes to make sure you get the right position, but that spot should be safe. Multiple guilds have Hate trackers logged there.

It'd be the spot right below the 2 Ns in Innoruuk in the middle of this map: http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Plane_of_hate_kronas.jpg