Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hey, does anyone know if the devs have just stopped granting IP exemptions? It's been 3 weeks and we've put in multiple requests and never gotten an answer. It never took more than a day or two before but it sucks being totally unable to play because I moved.

My original plan to reignite SLAMDUNKATRON on Red with Velious has been totally derailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
This is the saddest of all answers :(

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red alert!

Powerleveling lowbies in Crushbone on my druid, message Teddy to get a slot.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Ashenden posted:

Back online as Jinouga (54 Monk). Somebody experienced on Red99 hit me up, no clue what's going on with the server and no idea what to do now that Velious is out (never been).

E: Looks like you still can't walk in to KC without the zoneline PvP guards.

I used to run the goon guild on p99 but I've been out of comission for a long time. Now with Velious and a stable lifestyle I'm going to try to pick things back up. I'd love to hear who/if anyone is playing on red or interested, as I'm trying to get a leveling team off the ground to do kunark and other content.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

What times are you open?

Pretty flexible. Right now just levleing up some random lowbies though we have characters floating around the low 50s/high 40s. We're still getting our current Xp group together but I'll start posting here whenever we log on.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Erdricks posted:

Opinions on selecting dwarf as a rogue?

Good way of letting everyone on red know you're a PK

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Ashenden posted:

Why's that, just the MR? Do rogues use many procs for the high dex to matter? I always assumed Barbarian was best for slam.

Dwarf Rogues are the traditional twink PK build for whatever reason, being small and hard to see is actually rather helpful on top of great stats. There are a few class/race combos you learn to never ever trust on a Red server without good reason: Troll/Ogre SK, Dwarf Rogue, and Gnome Anything top the list of people most likely to start blowing you up at a moment's notice.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Siets posted:

Are you planning on red or blue? I'm burnt out on red because gently caress Empire basically. There is zero point in leveling a character to end game content as long as they are around on that server.

On blue I've got an FBSS, full Ivy Etched ranger that I was thinking about leveling when the hybrid exp penalty goes away.

Honestly I have no interest in blue but i understand the annoyance at the uberguild.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red check-in!

Gonna do some unrest, starting around lvls 10-12, sent a tell to Willcat if you want in.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red Check-in:

Unrest group at 16, send tell to Willcat if youre on!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red Server Check-in!

Mistmoore group forming now, lvls 18+ish. Stop on by and message Willcat for invite!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I'm going to be running a regular crew in Discord as soon as it hits. We're going to be playing when we can but we'll hopefully be pretty hardcore about it - right now we're looking to form a perfect 6 man team or at least have a strong rotating cast of characters.

Discord was amazingly fun the first time around and made for a super tense environment of naked idiots running from each other at the drop of a pin. I can't believe we're getting another shot at it but for everyone that hasn't experienced the clusterfuck it is way more fun and comical than you are imagining.

My little squad and I are currently playing on red but anyone who is interested should let me know and hopefully we can hook up in the coming weeks on red and start prep-work. Right now there are four of us, but I'd like to see at least 12-18 people who are a dedicated SLAMDUNKATRON team so we can back ourselves up where needed.

I'll be starting a separate thread in the coming weeks to discuss Discord-related activities but for now I just want to get a headcount of PVPbros who would be involved.

Message me in-game or here, I'm usually on as Willcat during the afternoons/evenings off and on, sometimes as Teddy, and rarely as Scoobs.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 15, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red Check-In!

Up to ~25 with my group of 4 dudes, we're still in MM but probably moving to kunark or some such in a little bit.

Is ANYONE still playing on Red? It looks like there's been an exodus since I was last there though with Discord coming up I'd hope that a few people would come out of the woodwork. We really could use at least 2 more consistent players for a regular group/roving gangsquad as soon as Discord hits and ideally we'd like to be playing together before then.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red Server Check-in!

Lvl 29ish group in MM, we're gonna go to kunark/Crystal Cavs very soon, send a tell to Willcat if you're around and still play/want to play red!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Erdricks posted:

hahaha I'm a high elf enchanter. I guess this means if I farm sisters, I just have to start running to ak'annon for spells?

Yo, who are you on Red, Gimme yo name

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hi hello there our Red Ckroo is now in Crystal Caverns at lvls 30-31. Are you a red player that doesn't post much and wants to do something terrifying and fun? Let me know here or send me a tell in game on Willcat or Scoobs or Teddy and we can arrange to have you teleported out here to your (nearly) certain death!

Crystal Caverns is super fun and dangerous and drops good loot especially for casters, so if you want to experience the time of your life you should probably join us! (healers real welcome so we dont have to use an OOR dude we have parked there)

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Squeek is currently grouping in MM, sadly he's too low for my 31 necro to blow up :(

What guild are you guys in? Assuming you are part of the Thunderdome lowbie zerg.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Squeek is no longer in MM after having reached my level range :)

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

Yeah, we are in Thunderdome. We gonna have to hit a new xp area. Im thinking about Highkeep or SolA. How many of you actually do the Sol Ro class quests? Do you do it at 30-35?

It's really not worth it, better to just outlevel content and buy/farm velious and kunark poo poo.

SolA is ok if you have a group. Otherwise just do MM and ride that train to 35+, even with the PKs it is by far the fastest route.

Alternately you could hit us up when we're on and come to Velious with us for super dangerous funtimes.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 22, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Erdricks posted:

What are you guys hunting in Velious?

Crystal caverns now, then tower of frozen shadow. On now if anyone is around. We're low 30s, and could group with pretty much anyone 26-40 or so in CC

message Willcat! I can give people a ride if it's needed.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 22, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Stopping for the night at 32-34. Next time we're on we're going to do spiders/stalags/geonids, then probably shift focus over to the Tower of Frozen Shadow and all the sweet caster gear that drops there. Then the long slog through 35 and the sprint to 40.

Fought off twinked PKs in mistmoore for half the day. Managed to kill one, force the others to plug a half dozen times. No deaths, no plugs, though we left when 3 of them teamed up because we'd wounded their pride so badly. Naked casters are no joke.

Red4Lyfe

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Yeah it sucked a lot getting tons of XP and hanging with dudes while handily beating up the jerks trying to stop us without breaking a sweat thank you for the kind words!

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 23, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Ashenden posted:

Out of range of Exed and Empire, keep enjoying it while you can. http://www.r99pvp.net/seasonone/showplayer.php?p=Smallmee

Grouped with a Paladin, Bard, and Monk today. Was so fast.

I genuinely cannot wait to be in range of high-level people who want to fight all the time. I am also crazy.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
If people are interested I could attempt to put the goon guild back together for the Discord server. I used to run the guild over on Red and did a pretty good job of it until my computer blew up and I disappeared for a long time.

There are some issues with this though in that it will be damned hard to actually get people invites and manage the guild due to the dangers of travelling and such. I'm not 100% certain that a guild is going to be the best organizing force. I'll do it if people want but I think smaller squads of up to 6 are maybe the best way to go even if it means butchering each other for profit.

I am still trying to put together the last 2 slots for my lil team's Discord group. The four of us currently playing together tend to play in early evenings EST through regular evening when we are around, and plan to always travel as a full group. If you are a person or a duo looking to play Discord fairly seriously (but not poopsockingly so) and want to be travelling with a full group at all times, you should let me know as soon as possible! We have very good plans and will probably kill a lot of people before dying hideously to a Orc Warrior!

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 23, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
The problem with trolls is that you're missing out on mages, necros, druids, and wizards: i.e., the best possible classes on Discord. You really want gate, you want snares, you want pets when possible, and so you might be able to hold the swamps but as soon as a Gnome squad rolls in you're in some serious trouble.

The biggest upside to holding innothule would be controlling Guk, but there's going to be a MAD RACE for Guk since you can stay there forever and most parts of it can be done safely with the right group. Honestly if a group of 4-6 mages rolls into Guk they are going to scream to the 20s and beyond and there's not a whole lot anyone could do about it. Either way I expect innothule to be a murderfest and while it's maybe still an OK place to start, pet classes will make life hell for people who don't have max swimming.

This is why my group's planned layout is Mage/Mage/Mage/Necro/Druid/Chanter =]

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
To kind of put it in perspective, getting characters to 5-6 isn't really going to be that hard. You might lose one or two in the process, but with the XP boost you can jump right back on the wagon. The big issue is going to be what you do once you hit that 6-8 plateau and need to travel somewhere real to continue leveling. Where do you go first? How long does it take to get there in case something goes wrong? If you have to gate home how bad is that? And how long can you stay in place before having to travel again?

Those are the big questions and the answers have to be tempered with expectation of how much competition you might have. This is why pet classes are going to be so good early, because a group of pet classes can stay at full health while chain pulling and quickly outlevel an area without having the same level of danger as someone who has to constantly be getting hit and watching their backs.

Getting from 6 to 12/14 and getting bind is the really tough part and however we can manage it safely and quickly is probably the most important consideration with regards to a start.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 23, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Siets posted:

I hear what you are saying...

I guess we can go about this two ways: A.) We can be a bunch of :c00lbert: Johnny Optimals :c00lbert: and go for the gold, or B.) We can roll a bunch of trolls and kill dudes on the Guk zone-in while having a few laughs about it in Mumble.

I'm really fine with either. :shobon:

Yep, that's why I'm kind of trying to recruit separately for my PRO SQUAD since I assume many people just want to run around and zerg happily at low levels, but I also want to help give a little perspective and advice for those who want to graduate on to the next stage of desperately-clinging-to-life the game. I'll certainly join in on the random low-level violence party when my A-squad isn't around if I have the time.

By the way, I estimate the odds of Flowers of Happiness capturing and controlling Guk at about 100% unless a pretty sizeable goon squad challenges them, and there's probably some crossover there anyway.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 23, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Or a root, or a snare, or even sometimes the split second of lag from a spell being cast on you even if it's resisted. I'm gonna try to stealth level a bard in off-hours but I'm not gonna pretend it's going to work. There'll be a billion mages and necros and any one of them can end your run with a single spell or Pet Attack command.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 24, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yeah, no one will be AE kiting as a bard on discord...at least not for very long.

It's gonna be single pulls from safe camps. All those boring rear end outdoor zones that no one but lazy AFK levelers go to will be full of guilds carefully grinding out levels and murdering anyone who looks at them sideways.

Hell naw we're going dungeon crawling and we're going whole hog. Easier to guard a zone border when there's only one way in! Might not do the most-trafficked locales but with a nice solid ZEM and the XP bonus think of the rewards! (It will be about the same xp as on Red with a group honestly)

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 24, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red Update!

We are at the bottom of Crystal Caverns. Almost time for Tower of Frozen Shadow!

Send Scoobs a tell if youre around!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red update!

Back to Crystal Caverns, send a tell to Scoobs if you are around!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
48 Ranger/45 Bard/44 Druid here.

The people I play with are 47 Bard/50 Sham, a 36 SK, and a 35 Ench

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I was the guild leader of SLAMDUNKATRON but when i had to quit someone else got the tag and I can't get it back because I don't know who they are.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
RED UPDATE:

Currently on Scoobs in Crystal Caverns, group is 36-48. Send a tell if you're on red and care!

Edit: gently caress CC we are off to Lguk

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 29, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

I leveled for a couple hours in CC. I hated it. Bound myself at the entrance, almost died after I gated. All the mobs run and pathing is really weird. Also, the horrors are significantly harder than the spiders.

CC is glorious, you just have to learn the weird quirks of the dungeon. Great loot for mid-30s, a town right there to hang and bank in, guards that protect you like it's a newbie zone. The binding is tough but you're very safe once you learn the place.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Kalaxus posted:

any sage advice for advancing a lizzy necro from 8-12? Spell tier without any new dots or dd spells is worrisome, don't think that my pet is ready for tanking drawn out battles yet, and I think the undead nuke is too high mana cost to try to lean on it.

Go to Kurn's, get a group, use undead nuke, coast by on group DPS and pet is really the answer.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Holy poo poo why would you bring drugs into any asian country least of all Thailand

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Erdricks posted:

I've been crazy busy at work and unable to do my normal grouping on red. Is CC an OK place to solo as a 30 ench for short periods of time (like the 30m or so I have after I get home after double shifts and totally crash.)

No, too dangerous at that level. At higher lvls maybe on geos/stalags but at 30 youre gonna die over and over with no progress

Source: I have soloed lots of dungeons as a chanter

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 1, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Buane posted:

Double exp weekend brought me back to P99 Red since I figured it was the best time to get started again. Don't suppose anybody has a Druid weapon better than a Splintering Club they could throw my way? :unsmith:

Is there a better druid weapon than splintering club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Buane posted:

Yeah, Surefall is across the world. Something like the Springwood Club will be my first purchase once I can make some plat at the sisters camp in Lfay but still a few levels shy of that. Just got my level 9 damage shield which is basically double the DPS of a 4/28 weapon, at least.

I would honestly spend all that money on spells instead and just try to get as many levels as possible.