Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
While I can understand both of those changes, because classic EQ didn't have maps or buff timers, you'd think they would have gotten around to that sometime more like immediately when the server came out and before players had gotten used to using them for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
All you guys who aren't quite satisfied with 1999 should give Shards of Dalaya a try. It's alright as long as you can stand monsters running through walls because there's no pathing, or every other monster past the normal 1-65 leveling ones having summon because the devs hate kiting or something. The player base is small, but you can dual box. I played it for a while, but got tired of it mainly because of the two reasons mentioned, and because the client upgrade that will maybe fix the first issue is always a year away. Not exactly the most glowing recommendation, but it can be fun.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 13, 2015

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

MageMage posted:

Swarm kite swarm kite swarm kite?

Swarm kite swarm kite, swarm kite swarm kite swarm kite!!!!!

In the original game I figured out how to do this on my own and it was pretty awesome. Then later they patched it so that Bard point-blank damage-over-time songs did ZERO damage if the monster affected was moving at all. ZERO. Game was pretty much dead to me at that point.

I remember they also patched kiting in general some number of years or so before so that DOTs did a fuckload less damage if the monster was moving as well, but took it out much later after several more years of people complaining how stupid it was. Did they put that in here too for the sake of being "classic"?

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 4, 2015

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The guy's probably just logging chat for data on prices for stuff sold for one reason or another, maybe to make sure he never misses a deal on a good item or for data tracking for a website.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I kited well over 25 mobs at once on actual SOE servers. So yeah, real "classic" here. :rolleyes: