Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I somehow stumbled across a YouTube channel of a guy playing (Flatts) and got the itch to play some EQ.

I also just got my first new computer in 10 years, and it’s a new MacBook Air. From what I’ve seen you can’t install Project99 on a Mac. Is my best method to install Windows on the Mac and go from there?

Also, are there any other fun YouTube LP style channels that anyone can recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Slapdash posted:

I play P99 on a 2012 era MacBook Pro and it works just fine. I use PlayOnMac which is just a frontend for Wine. I believe theres a current “how to play on a mac” forum topic too.

Heres a really old post I made with the steps. I can’t vouch for a new MacBook Air hardware and drivers so YMMV.

That being said if you have a copy of win 10 and don’t mind dual booting then you might as well go that route.

From what I can gather from checking out that thread, the current version of MacOS is Catalina, and PlayOnMac won't work on here because they disabled 32bit support.

Sounds like Windows may be my only option. Boo.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I do not remember that part of LDing at all, and I think I played until around the end of Planes of Power.

We had really terrible internet, and I remember going LD in Dreadlands soloing and loading back in to my bind all the time. When someone went linkdead they always had the whole Name (Linkdead) thing and mobs will still pound them.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
For some reason every time I made a new character I always felt the urge to bring then to Kelethin, get drunk and run around. I brought a barb warrior all the way from Halas at level 4 to do this. It took me a long time to get my first character to 20 because of this. But I always had max alcohol tolerance.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I used to play a necro on Mith Marr back in the day. The Bone Knight sounds really badass.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Who the hell AFKs to poop?

This is EQ we’re talking about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Groovelord Neato posted:

Logging in after school and waiting an hour for an orc camp to get an open spot in EC.

I think this is why I ended up playing a necro back then. Dad will be home at 5 so I’ll have to get off the dialup when he needs to use the phone and I need to get the most out of my time.