Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I just started an enchanter on Blue. I remembered enough to make it to Qeynos and get bound there. Made it to level four and found the people nice (someone dumped a fine steel weapon for spell money on me, and someone else gave me a Green Silken Drape). Looking for an invite into the Unknown Guild, character's named Erianine. Currently on line and hunting Cuburt in the Qeynos sewers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Hexel posted:

I'll give you 500p for spells if you transfer some poo poo for me in EC.

I don't need the 500p but if you need a transfer in EC now shoot me a tell on Erianine, I'll help you out

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Where do they announce/list their scheduled downtimes, does anyone know? And how long do they last? I was just getting ready to finish my Stein of Moggok when there suddenly appeared a 15 minute countdown, I was lucky to get off the boat in OOT.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Anarch posted:

Your feet feel quick.
Your feet feel quick.
Your feet feel quick.

Took the plunge for 7k from Veulaven, and I already know it was totally worth it. So much for saving for Holgresh Beads though!

Anyway, I'm back in Kunark trying to raise my 2HB skills...and it's so drat slow. Anyone recommend anything to speed it up?

From what I recall, DEX governs how fast your melee skills increase in level, so put on some dex gear and find a low blue mob and slowly annoy it to death?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Dirt posted:

Sidenote: I am super bored with P1999. I hit 50 like a week ago, and haven't played much since then. I joined some "raid guild" but they seem like weirdos. I think I might take a break for awhile. I just camped my Mage outside Unrest, I might login once in awhile to see if I can grab that Priest of Najena for that stupid cloak quest, but other than that I think I need a break.

Oh hey I just got that item and I'm questing the cloak right now! I'd be easier with a porter but I love travelling and visiting places I've skipped on live, and it's a welcome change of pace to the Unrest group I had going last night.

Edit: hahaha, I found the cells in Najena, dealt with the Tentacle Terror and Moosh yet barely survived, and then was relieved to see the High Elf NPC I needed in the next cell... So I rushed up to her only to get punched in the face: forgot I had illusion Dark Elf up. EVERQUEST!

retpocileh posted:

Just started playing on Blue. Any good leveling guilds recommended, with or without a heavy goon presence? I have a char in Unknown Guild so far and I seem to usually be one of the only 2-3 people on.

I joined Homeland Security. There's always a bunch of them on and they're pretty helpful. I probably should look for a European guild though but at level 21, I'm not that bothered, I just like to have someone to chat with.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 29, 2015

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Dirt posted:

i joined "anonymous".

I don't recommend them.

If the 60 monk is anything to go by who is clearing out Soldunga while we've got a group trying to find anything to xp there who asked us to "stop whining" when we asked if he could stop killing everything, yeah, they're goddamn dicks.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 29, 2015

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

You guys know anything about Enchanter research? I got A Faded Velishoul's Tome Page, and I cast Identify on it for about a hundred times but it all it says is Item Lore: A Faded Velishoul's Tome Page. No page number, nothing. I googled it, I crawled through wiki's and forum posts, I can't find anything but the straightforward actions that I've already been doing: hold the page, cast identify.

What am I doing wrong?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

a real jerk posted:

eqtraders says put it in your research book by itself and press combine

Ah that seems to work! I got a skill failure message and the item disappeared, so on a success that'll probably result in the non-faded page.

Thanks!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

And this is why I play on blue :cheeky:

What class are you playing? The first few levels go slow, but if you're a caster then it should pick up really fast. If you're melee, re-roll a caster unless you have tons of plat to twink yourself with.

Look up the quests you can do in Qeynos so that you're getting bonus XP every few kills, makes it go way way way faster. Possibly look into getting teleported over to gfay for easy 24/7 groups and good crushbone belt experience.

Adding to this: there's two great ways to level up around Qeynos, rabid wolf pelts and gnoll fangs. The rabid wolves especially are very reliable and good money, too.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

I'm questing the Incandescent Mask and I just ran to Neriak to buy Mizr N'Mars Rune of Fortune there, but he doesn't seem to be carrying it. Do you guys know how merchant stock works on P1999? Will I have to wait for a server reset now before he has a new Rune of Fortune, or is it eight hours, or seven minutes, or what?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

the last signal... posted:

You may have figured this out already but I'm pretty sure with that particular quest you have to just hand him the 50 gold coins and he gives it to you.

Yup, when I hit up Madame Selena in Qeynos I noticed she had no shop and I figured it out. The confusion came from the p1999 wiki where the item is listed among his vendored items. Thanks though! I have my pretty new mask now :)

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Canuckistan posted:

Hey, that's me! Thanks for the plat and for this post! I did buy some 5/55s and hit lvl 12 on Friday.

Hit me up on Erianine when you see me on. I'm not in Unknown but I have a bag with researched spells for you and I'll craft you decent CHA bracers and neck, and dump some old gear on you.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Does anyone have any spare frost giant toes/heads on blue?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Thanks for inviting my baby SK Azae, been meaning to get a character tagged in Unknown :)

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Kefit posted:

Oh no, a couple of you guys made me decide that I want to kill some dragons, so I put in an app with BDA. Don't worry, I'll come crawling back once BDA rejects me for being too goony,

Unknown Guild has been great though. It's always nice to have goons to chill out with in guild chat. Any goons leveling up on p1999 should join up with Unknown Guild and talk about farts. And you should play on p1999, cause both Live and other emu servers are lifeless husks full of boxers. I know, cause I've tried them too.

Dang, you and Welt were pretty much a fixture while I was leveling my SK. Good luck with the dragons though. My main is in another guild too but Unknown is really great for shits and giggles.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

I recently picked up Blizzent's fang and would like to turn it in for the sweet sword in Kael, however I am of course on dwarf faction. As an enchanter my first thought was that I'd be able to charm the quest NPC for the hand in, as he is level 50 and you can charm mobs up to 51. Does anyone know if this can be done, or am I looking at a retarded faction grind if I want the sword? I'm only 47 myself so I'd enlist the aid of a higher level enchanter.

Edit: Also, I petitioned Patoso, level 60 druid, for training and killing me because he thought I was trying to contest his camp and have yet to receive any reply. Are the guides/GMs very active on Blue?

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 6, 2015

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Does anyone use the EQ Classic Tools app? It seems to be very much aimed at p1999 but I can't see much use for it that the wiki and the map tool do not cover.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

lemonslol posted:

How important is cha on an enchanter that is leveling, compared to INT or HP, MP, AC?

It is really easy to get caster items with both int and charisma on them, and you get good charisma stat buffs early on. Don't worry too much about gear, it'll be good enough whatever you do. Getting AC and hps is more difficult and perhaps not so important if you're just leveling. MP you don't have to worry about since you have mana regen from level 16 onwards.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Never Been Banned posted:

An RBG just came and went on the forums while i was a work. Son of a bitch!

Allasra is selling an RBB in EC right now. I'll send them a tell saying you're interested.

Edit: if you don't see Allasra on, feel free to message Mamael. They've friended you.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 9, 2015

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Hope it worked out!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Hm, I login, go to character screen, press Enter World and.... After about 10 minutes I get the login screen again. I've tried twice in a row with the same character, who's logged out in Great Divide.

Any thoughts? Did I miss an update somewhere for WinEQ or p1999 that I should've run? (I logged in fine this morning)

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

It somehow sorted itself out, I restarted until it worked. No clue what was going on, and I still have a lot of lag. Bah.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

I'm going to tag Nunu into the leveling guild my main is in and get my monk tagged in UG, so if there's any officers on later this weekend in EC to invite Gailenine, lemme know.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I'm available most of the time. Post here and hopefully I'll catch it.

Hey, I'm on now.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

just caught this. hope you got your invite.

I did! Thank you.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

^^^^ a thing of beauty

Holy poo poo I just have to share this. I just did Stables in CoM on my 39 SK. We had some ogre warrior tanking who had to log a few times because his main's guild was trying to get this or that dragon, at which point I'd tank. I was already pulling after the monk had left, which was fine since everything died fast and the bard was charming adds.

All this time our level 44 cleric, the hero of this story, a gnome called Flavuhh Flav or something to that effect, had been nuking, then complaining he was low on mana. He never buffed me, though I asked five times and only healed me with a CH when I was tanking because the warrior had logged for five minutes. I started noticing something odd then too: the druid's strength kept disappearing. Now I know there's no mobs who dispell there, so I was a bit puzzled by this.

After the third time the warrior isn't logging on again, the bard's long gone and the last of the DPS had to leave - this is noon for me at CET, but deep in the night for American timezones, so me, the cleric and the druid were the only ones in CoM left - I sit down after a fight and notice my strength buff is fading. I also notice it's not Storm Strength, but Reckless Strength. I ask the cleric to please stop casting that on me, as it causes me to lose the druid's strength buff. He insists that it keeps me from dying, so my hitpoints don't drop drastically right before a Complete Heal. I explain to him that the cleric spell Reckless Strength doesn't work that way and that he's thinking of the enchanter line of Berserker Strength spells. He argues some more and I just ask him to stop doing it and he agrees, and I start pulling again.

I pull two mobs from the right sides of stables but more come, so I back off and FD. Out of the corner of my eye I see the cleric get up and cast bubbles, so I'm thinking he's casting IVU so the mobs won't aggro on him and the druid on their way back. The mobs start pathing back and the druid says "Uhhh", and I say it's ok, just wait for the last one and tag it... Ok tag it!

Then I notice my group window. The cleric hadn't cast IVU, he'd gated. I ask the druid what the gently caress, and he says "Yeah, I've had trouble with that guy in the past." Really? This guy got up to 44 without anyone ever calling him out on his poo poo, nuking instead of healing and then just running around with a mob hitting him? Not buffing? Not knowing what his spells actually do? Gating out during a pull?

Welcome to my ignore list, you little poo poo.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 18, 2016

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Arae posted:

Generally, the server has a lot of great people though. I've had several people track me down and pay for teleports that they skipped out on. I've even had main characters pay lots of platinum because I ported their lower alts for free.

Is there a formal server policy regarding porting idiots to remote places and leaving them? I've been tempted and some group leaders have even requested for me to do it.

Oh the general population on P1999 is actually fantastic, skilled players and kind individuals, which makes the inept and autistic people stand out all the more. But this guy, he was either drugged, drunk or 10 years old, no one is just that wilfully innane.

Also there should be a TL to bind that instead of a dialogue box just displays the message GET OUT.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Finally got the bratty thing sold and got my sword. Phew!

Good job :) I'm still stuck here looking for a decent 2H blunt...

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Hey you guys in BDA, I've got a cleric friend trying to hand in a shimmering pearl to Zordak Ragefire but they get beaten to the punch every time. Would it be possible to sort of get them in line for that, and if so, would that require payment? Any other higher up guilds are welcome to help as well. I don't know how many goons we got where, I just know we got a bunch in BDA.

Cleric's name is Mufinz. I know epics are mainly a raid thing but I'm like, the more clickies on the server (that are actually active and, you know, owe you/your guild a favor) the better.

Fake edit: what's with the oval office spamming EC about Braknar's wife being fat.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

aparmenideanmonad posted:

That would be Greengrocer. Best/worst former staff member meltdown ever.

Holy poo poo that man needs help.

Humm...t-staff is pretty great. Are you a MNK?

nah for my SK.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Apparently it was this guy spamming EC (the ranger in the group, not the bard from my guild streaming this):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXTNqaxWjqY

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Kefit posted:

Honestly the best way to approach this is to send a friendly tell to the person that beat them to the pearl turn-in and chat about it. A lot of the people who get pearl turn-ins are regulars who spawn Ragefire all the time so they can farm up and sell cleric epic MQs. They might be willing to step aside for a future turn-in so that a smaller guild can get a shot at it. The only way to find out is to ask.

Your friend has a guild who will show up to beat up Ragefire, right?

Thanks for the info! They're in Blackheart Pirates, who do raids and stuff with Kittens and Homeland so I guess they can handle it.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

moolchaba posted:

Just do a /w all "unknown guild" and ask for an invite. Most the guys have officer status and can tag you.

Don't forget the quotes or it won't work!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

pepito sanchez posted:

secret raid plan on blue is tower of frozen shadow this weekend.

when: who knows

lots of good loots to be had in this barely-ever-contested dungeon. i'm def hoping for some stuff of the big boss on the seventh floor. maybe some skeleton keys for everyone if we get that lucky.

I'd love to get in on this, ToFS is high on my list of content I never touched on live. I'm on CET though so no clue how compatible our playtimes are. Got a 50 enchanter and 40 SK.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

There's a spam filter in EC now? Was that implemented because of that arse spamming EC a bit back? Now I can't even wile the boredom away by chatting to people, great.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

dakuroot posted:

Rogean: Accounts with characters under level 5 will now be subject to the following chat limits across all public channels:
2 Messages per 10 seconds.
Messages must be under 80 characters.
Messages must contain 70% Lowercase alphabet.
Rogean: All characters are subject to a one message per half-second limitation across all public channels.

That was what went live on Jan 31st, seems like if you're over level 5 as long as you're not trying to send faster than every half second you should be good? How quickly were you sending messages?

Thanks for the info, I hadn't checked the patch. I'll level my guy up to 6. Some messages got through and others didn't and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I guess sending "In EC" to someone falls under the lowercase rule no matter how long you wait after your previous message.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Cloche posted:

I'm in blue as Shevarra. Having a lot of fun; when the first thing I did was accidentally attack my guildmaster and promptly get slaughtered, only to run out to the hills and lose a battle of attrition with a baby level 1 skeleton, I knew I was home. :holy:

If anyone has any advice or handouts to spare, I'd appreciate it! I've probably made things hard enough for myself as-is by rolling an Erudite Shadowknight, but they look cooool y'all.

My SK on live was an Erudite, I loved outfitting her and making her look so drat cool. I've got an Iksar SK this time round and I've got some spare gear lying around, if you see Eria or Nunu on line send me a tell.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

I've been searching for this but I haven't been able to find any useful or practical information, so I thought I'd ask you guys: does anyone here have any experience with running p1999 on other platforms like an android tablet? Does anyone know if this is at all feasible?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Kenlon posted:

I decided to try this out. I never played EQ back in the day (first MMORPG was Anarchy Online). So far I'm very confused by basic UI things like putting buttons on hotbars, and trying to figure out how to trade to NPCs. (Which I eventually did.) There's something charming about a game being so actively hostile to attempts to use it, though. :v:

EDIT: Hey, just figured out how to make a macro, too. Whee!

And suddenly you look at the clock and it's SIXTEEN YEARS LATER OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LIFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Kenlon posted:

They removed the hybrid penalty last year, according to the wiki. So that's not a thing. I have a decent idea of what stats to look for, the problem is that I have no idea what items actually have them or what good prices for things are. I guess I'm just worried about being ripped off if I go advertising my cluelessness at the EC tunnel.

There's a gear guide on the wiki for all classes, try checking out the one for clerics.

Here's a life feed of the EC tunnel: http://ahungry.com/eqauctions

Here's a good site that lets you browse goods that are on auction in the tunnel: http://www.p99auctions.com/

Depending on what time you play I could hook you up with some jewelry.

One thing I did on my dwarven cleric was hand in bone chips for leather pieces (this was at very low levels, up until 10 I think) at the paladin guild in Kaladim, and then I did the Ogre Heads quest, specifically for the headpiece. I love the latter because it really reflects how quests are handled in EQ. Even now, there's a bunch of speculation on how to get the mobs to spawn, on how to best fight them etc. Some exploring, patience and luck needed!