Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

megalodong posted:

What's the best way to get money and gear from one char to another? A guy in the last thread (izzit I think?) hooked up my first char, an enchanter, with a bunch of stuff, but I've been playing my necro more so I want to get it over to him.

Don't really want to risk dropping it on the ground in an empty house or anything.

The most reliable way is to have a friend (or an "Unknown Guild" member) transfer the items for you. Try to get the characters to the same location to minimize the waiting time for the helper.

You can trade bags that are full of items. If you intend to trade bags, then always let the person know ahead of time.

EC is a very common place for transfers because most people are already sitting around trying to sell\buy junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Kefit posted:

I'm currently poking around the Overthere as my first experience with Kunark. Might try the Warslick's Woods giant fort soon. As far as I can tell from the wiki, as a barb shaman there's basically nowhere at all for me to sell and bank aside from Firiona Vie, which is super far away and a dangerous trip. What are my options for taking care of loot here?

I think the iksar merchant in OT sells to everyone. He can be found 2 minutes from the Warsilks wood zoneline near the dried lake. (Roamers may interrupt your vending experience, keep an out for them)

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Meatgrinder posted:

Really? This guy got up to 44 without anyone ever calling him out on his poo poo, nuking instead of healing and then just running around with a mob hitting him? Not buffing? Not knowing what his spells actually do? Gating out during a pull?

Welcome to my ignore list, you little poo poo.

I started making a black list where I record all their names and the stupid poo poo they did. The list is useful for when a name sounds familiar for the wrong reasons and is good for keeping all your characters' ignore lists synchronized.

It's always awkward when the terrible people are part of groups, but you can consider it a warning that you need to baby sit them.

My black list and no port list are the same list. I'll still port black listed people if it's convenient, but I charge extra and make them pay first.

Generally, the server has a lot of great people though. I've had several people track me down and pay for teleports that they skipped out on. I've even had main characters pay lots of platinum because I ported their lower alts for free.

Is there a formal server policy regarding porting idiots to remote places and leaving them? I've been tempted and some group leaders have even requested for me to do it.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Bored porters will likely give you a ride for free. Explain that you don't have money and try to get to a wizard spire or druid ring. Be patient and someone will eventually pick you up. Some people like me may even donate some starter cash for spells.

We try to help most people that post here. Post your character name and we'll try to help.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Pilsner posted:

I have a patch ready for ZlizEQMap which includes a Plane of Growth map. Just to be sure, can some of you guys who have visited PoG search your log files and see precisely what it says when you enter the zone? Like:

You have entered Plane of Growth

Thanks!

I checked some old logs.

"You have entered Plane of Growth."

Thanks for continuing to support zlizeqmaps.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

wazu posted:

Anybody have thoughts on a good spot for wizard quad-kiting at Level 54? Did a lot in CS, but experience has dropped off.

Sentient Armor suits in Wakening Lands. The four suit camp is perfect for quadding. Six camp may be too difficult for 54.

Run see invis and stay close to zone wall. Panthers and other patrols will sometimes be close by and/or in your way.

May have to compete with cash farmers on busy days. The suits drop good vendor loot and crushed velious gems.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

wazu posted:

Great, thanks. I tried one of these camps awhile back, and picked up panther add, and it ended poorly. Will give it another try and stick to the wall this time.

It's a small run area when compared to the other outdoor zones. I generally ran a oval shaped path rather than a line or circle. Oval was long enough to do 2-3 nukes on each side. Levitate is nice until you get used to the hills.

The close run also helps keep spawn occupied. Run far enough away and someone usually moves into your camp.

If it's camped by other quad kiters, watch them do a round to learn the safe spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Two boxing is okay when multiple computers and classes are involved. It opens up a lot of flexibility and can be challenging.

Obviously real players are preferred, but it's nice to not be so dependent on others. It's also good when your preferred class is undesirable in groups. It's depressing being a necro\wizard\ranger and always being LFG.

The 4-16 box setups are the worst though. On live people love mage boxes. Seems super boring in my opinion.

Boxers that don't push buttons are huge raid drains. On live TLP we made people pass certification tests to bring 3+ characters. Boxes were always kicked to make room for mains.

Worst side effect was we had 0 reliable Druid mains. I think it was more of an issue that Druids weren't a "power class" so no one wanted to main it. Luckily Druid boxes were plentiful and a few were raid capable when needed.