Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
Nah, Vulak is an entrance fight too.

http://www.omni1999.com/phpbb/newspage.php first pic (as of this post) is Vulak being fought at the entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Frog Act posted:

My main goal for the day is to find a way to buy like an absolute shitload of batwings. Seems like the best option is to get to Erudin or Freeport....can Druids port to either of those directly, or at least close by, so I can grab em and then port back to Estate of Unrest?

You can just buy however many you want from vendors.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bat_Wing

Look at the "Sold by" section. Katha Firespinner in EC is like a 15 second run from the WC port spots.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
The hard part of ring 8 is winning the roll. I have 2 chars with ring 7 and all the pieces for ring 9 done... just can’t win that roll for the life of me. I’m dreading doing another on the sham whenever I throw the dkp at ring 10.

Same with scout. Neither my monk nor rogue have even a single bracer. Luckily I got the range on my sham back when a buddy with a clickbot could win the turn in every time.

The ring 8 fight is really easy though. Get a lull/harmony class to lull the giant adds and then just root off the 2 orc adds and kill chief.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

EVIL Gibson posted:

For enchanter and necro, gnome is the best race because you can peek through walls and actually get yourself through locked doors without keys like Howling Stone by crumping in front of it.

edit: also rogues and wizards I guess as well. Not warrior because the best warrior is always ogre since they can slam without a shield and then can never be stunned from attacks from the front.

Dark Elf is the best enchanter race because of innate hide. Enc can just use their gnome illusion to get the perks of being tiny.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
What did they do to Quillmane now?

The patches (and raid scene/rules) in p99 are really helpful in keeping me from playing again.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

CobyKoby posted:

Specifically trying to get the 'Cape of midnight mist', has anyone got this? it's an upgrade I can afford and i'm wearing ringmail in the slot at the moment, I cannot for the life of me find it being sold by anyone.

There's a discord with a bot to watch auctions for you:
https://discord.gg/AardHWsK

You can direct message the bot with what you want to watch for and it will ping you when someone offers it for sale.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

30.5 Days posted:

The biggest problem with p99 for me is that I have to remember to grab my corpse BEFORE rage quitting for two weeks or I have to get all my gear again

Nah, the GMs will summon your corpse if it poofs. I've had it happen a few times now.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

blatman posted:

this necromancer is much more fun than the untwinked sk

i figure i will leave the sk for a future project

Necro is so great. FD, DA, heals, lifetaps, charm, good summoned pets, big dots, snare, fear, etc etc.

My necro is my favorite character these days.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
Getting 60 is the weirdest anti-climax.

59 is just brutally long. You go from cruising through 56-58 to a seemingly-dead stop in exp movement. After grinding a few chars through it, I’ve learned to just not look at the progress bar.

Then you get 60… and if you’re a shaman (with 50k+ to spend) you’re suddenly god. Everyone else just gets some dumb new spells that aren’t really great. Aego, potg, arch/demi lich, dictate. Meh.

At least monks get triple attack. That would have been much more useful for all that grinding lol.

Then you do some farming for pp, spend that pp on twink gear, roll another char, and do that poo poo again.

Oh and your 60s bind at tov and mostly just get logged in to cast 1 spell over and over while a dragon dies.

Anywho… 23 enc with a Zlandi heart looking for duo/trio friends on green!

Hibajubwa fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 15, 2022

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

War Eagle posted:

So what are your favorite spots to farm as a Torpor Shaman? Just nabbed a copy finally, and trying to decide where to go next.

I’m lazy and like afk camps.

- NG in seb. Just killing the 3 bugs is great pp/hour and ezpz. You can use positioning and never aggro/fight the roamer

- Velks upper spiders. Specifically I’ll camp just the silver bracer guy because its non-lore and good pp. You can do all the other nameds for more loot/pp, but again I’m lazy.

- Fungi king duo/trio is bigly pp. I havent done it in years, but its fun and you get stupid rich.

- Ayllish, +6 necklace dragon in WW. Soloing her is a grind… literally took an hour the first time I did it. You can sell the neck loot rights for good pp, and you’ll have the timer.

- Plane of Mischief you can do A4 for crowns/thrones. Pom is fun af, but omg respawn time + drop rate makes it a very annoying place.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Crypt is also cake if you can get a picker to let you in. Farm hierophant's cloaks for days.

Howling stone is dicey but can be done. I guess if it isn't swarmed by necros?

Crypt can be good. The rear end in a top hat golems CH unless you keep hiero positioned in the far corner (he runs, lol). Bigly pp, but its a pain to enter/exit, the loot is lore, and a pocket cle is almost necessary. Protip: shrink+eyeball = no locked doors ever again.

HS is my jam for leveling. Did the sham to 60 in there and just finished the necro to 60 in there. But I dont farm pp there on the sham… not that you cant/shouldnt, I’m just lazy and ng/velk is so easy on the sham.
HS South cubby is my money spot on the necro tho…

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

War Eagle posted:

Curious about this one because I’ve seen others mention it. Where does the money come from? I guess those things drop gems at a decent rate?

NG bugs drop gems and vendor trash like crazy. Black sapphire, diamonds, and blue diamonds are pretty common. There’s a named bug that drops crappy sellable loot, and theres the golem that drops the invis mask (if you kill all the frogs and him.)

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
I still play on Green occasionally too.

Salta - 60 cleric
Buitre - 60 necro
Enkanto - 60 enchanter

I mostly play the enc when I log in. The cle and nec just live in ToV and Kael for dkp farming.

Also have a bunch of chars on Blue that never get logged in anymore.

Hmu if anyone needs some plat or whatever. Happy to help.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Apparition posted:

Plan on rolling on green soon, would appreciate some starting plat
Sure, look for me on the chars I listed above or tag me in Discord. I can usually jump on most weekdays during work hours.

Apparition posted:

edit: nm trying red
Ew.

an iksar marauder posted:

Which green guilds are you guys in? I'm in Kingdom
I’m in GG.

Was in the original goon Daniel meme guild, then went to Seal Team in classic. Then quit for a couple years.

Came back with my cle still tagged ST, but ST was pretty much dead after the sleeper. Leveled the necro in Ancient Blood (who were and are awesome) then tried Castle and FoH but neither were at the level of raiding I like to warmbody at.

Just then GG was forming so I jumped in and its been great since. No mains/alts bs. No rules about seniority or loot tiers. No dues/taxes/whatever. Good players, good loots, simple systems. Plus PP HoT is easy plat (and easy armor if ur rich).

I’ve played since blue launch and been in the top guilds basically the whole time, starting with Inglorious Bastards on blue. GG is probably my favorite I’ve played in.

Hibajubwa fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 23, 2023

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

an iksar marauder posted:

I joined good guys now as well, Akrar, hit me up

Welcome to the dark side!

I’m on vacation at the moment, but I’ll be back to weekday playtimes and raiding in the next couple weeks. Hope to see you around!

Hmu on Salta/Enkanto/Buitre if you need anything.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Levelling an Iksar Necro, got bored of Wakening and moved to twin giants in Frontier.
Since those are camped half the time, and chain-resisting slows when they dont insta-break roots i moved on to find myself in the giant fort in Burning Woods, currently lvl 56.84 now.

Kinda liking it a lot, and i noticed a Greater Warbone Skeleton roaming the front gate path a lot of times - so i thought "why not try undead-charming that guy since wiki stats say hes pretty awesome appearently".
But, of course, i dont have the fabled pre-nerf-CoS (and prolly never will) so heres my question:

Is it feasible to try fighting with a charmed undead pet that could potentially wipe the floor with me if charm broke out of the blue if you dont have the good CoS, and if so, how exactly would you go about it (in detail)?
My only experiences with undead charming so far have been rather frustrating at low levels, when i gave it up until a short episode in KC at 55 which ended up with my pet breaking charm and slapping me to paste in the absolute clown fiesta that is KC-courtyard-okta-pulling-group, so im hesitant to even try to utilize it.

(Which is also why i wont go to HS basement.)

e: im on Blue, didnt find a separate thread for the server, dunno if its much of a difference though.

The CoS is mostly a utility thing, not a requirement... and it doesn't help at all on random charm breaks. That said, I'd encourage you to farm plat and get one, it makes life much nicer on a necro. I farmed Felwithe guards on my necro 51-54 and made more than enough plat to buy a CoS.

I soloed/duoed charming in HS north to 60, but I also have a pocket cleric and guildies I can harass to log him in... otherwise I'd have done basement for ease of access.

Charming is my favorite thing in this game. It's OP af. I primarily play enc because of that, but I rolled a necro for funsies and still ended up just charming to 60.

In general, you have to assume the charm is going to break and prepare accordingly.
- Have Shieldskin up always (the jasper one, not the peridot one)
- Keep everything you can rooted
- Stay a sufficient distance to get spells off on breaks
- Use Screaming Terror a lot
- Use FD as needed
- Have Harmshield memmed for FD fails

Also, lull is super useful. If you lull (numb the dead) your pet and FD it, it memblurs like 100%. So, you can lull -> FD -> immediately stand and start doing whatever. This is useful for both bad situations and for regenning a pet (they regen 5%/tick when unaggro).

Once you get the swing of it, your summoned pet will feel weak when you use him again. EoT is a bitch compared to a charmed quadding skelly.

Plus, once you get comfortable you can kill whole groups of mobs at a time by "reverse charming". This is much easier with a CoS, but doable without. Charm a mob, send it at a group of 2-3+, then back it up and root all those mobs together. Once the pet is low, break charm and kill the ex-pet for full exp. Then charm another of the group and repeat until they're all dead. 4 exp hits later and you wont even think about memming that summon pet spell again.

Hibajubwa fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Mh, on Blue that thing is, for those that dont confuse it with the nerfed version, 125k

Still i might give charming a try, sounds like something i should have done at least once.

Oh, lol. My CoS on green was 10k.

Get a goblin ring instead. Same utility for charming. https://wiki.project1999.com/Goblin_Gazughi_Ring