Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
Rolled up an Inky SK, on Blue named Desireecstasy
Newbie leveling takes longer then I remember, thought I level 9 would take like 3hrs by memory guess that was the nostalgia. Feel free to add to me to friends, and shoot any pre-kunark odd ball lore/dungeon type questions my way; learned a lot weird facts attempting the Bayle Notes hidden quest back in the day ^_-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
I've been trying to do Death of Lyda with my Shadowknight. I got the quest from Tani the Rogue GM then I tried to talk to Giz but she ignored me. I managed to get Lyda to spawn by having my Bard talk to her dad, but Lyda despawned before I was ready and further attempts to get her spawn failed. So I waited till night again and tried to talk to Giz to see if she would hear me this time; which she did, but she ended up calling me liar for saying Tani Sent me and killed me. Thinking Wiki may be wrong and the quest might be Rogue only, starting quest over and seeing if she doesn't kill me this time after refreshing Tani's quest. classic EQ quest hehe

Edit: turned out the timing on my convo with her father was coincidence, Lyda spawns at 9p and despawns at 6a. First time I lured her out, I got her down to 7% and 6a clicked over and she despawned. You can get someone not KOS to go in while she's there and tell her "the ship is docking" and she'll head outside for a minute. If you miss the kill there, she will not be able to be lured again with the convo though still triggers dialogue. missing the lure, the other option is to have someone pull her out and Feign Dead; as long she is out of the building she'll stay put until attacked. otherwise she ports back to spawn point. Turned in quest and got reward from Tani, just had to skip Giz convo which is pointless and rogue only

Kalaxus fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 4, 2015

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Dry Hump posted:

The struggle of levelling an Iksar Shadowknight...is very, very real. That xp speed.

Yes, but what will hurt most later is being KOS to every faction in the game. Gather Shadows is a fickle mistress

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
I managed to grind my way to 7 in Nek Forest but am now stuck with mobs that barely give any xp and mobs that are so strong they require HT to even have a shot of soloing. Back in 1999, I smuggled myself out to Crushbone for these levels with my SK not realising just how many damned warrior faction DEs there are scattered around Neriak. The pyramid and monoliths in nek forest spawn way too many mummies, and fighting the zombies is like 20% chance of victory with HT and even if I win disease increases downtime by around 5x or so it seems. Guess I have to look into those guilds you all been mentioning to level up

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Pathos posted:

I've spent the last four or five hours getting everything for the Stein of Moggok. Now I've discovered I won't be able to go turn in the stuff in Ogguk but I'm probably KOS there. Is there a way for an Erudite without illusion spells to get in there to turn it in? Grinding rep (on what?) for hours? Getting someone else to cast it on me and booking it? Any ideas?

I think frogs give ogre faction if memory serves, not sure what faction quest turn in is on though

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
I spent all day yesterday doing Necromancer Skullcap Apprentice 1 and 2, how badly did I waste my time? looking ahead in 8 more levels if I grind up 2 crafting skills I currently have 0 in and find some lore drops I can get a +2 Int hat at level 14ish, need a guide on which quests are complete waste of time, which are must dos and which are quirky interesting side fun with no real reward.

Now I have an Iksar Necro level 6 named Soultrader, one sitting even with quest nonsense nearly caught me up to my DE SK who limped to 7 in like 5 sittings.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Erdricks posted:

Doesn't invisibility turn npcs faction neutral?

I tried this back in Classic, the NPC couldn't "hear" me while invis. no response to quest keywords and if they are merchant activating them turns you visible and they kill you. According to allakazam forum If the quest doesn't need speech first you can turn in the items, which counts as activating them and breaks invis but quest is done try to die in area for easy corpse looting hehe

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Anarch posted:

:drac: Chiming in with a few Iksar necromancer tips!

:black101: GEAR
Your priority is HP, so get fire wedding rings and other HP gear. INT has limited returns at lower levels, so don't worry too much about it. Personally, I went HP>STR>INT so I could tank, spank and haul loot; it's been super effective.

Try to save for a Circlet of Shadow, which is the best necro utility item besides jboots. It will be removed at some point toward the end of the SOV timeline, so you have some time to save for one.

The Temple of Sol Ro welcomes Iksars on P1999, so that's a good source of equipment quests around 30-35.

:cenobite: MAINLAND FACTION
The Bloodsabers in the Qeynos Aqueduct are the only mainland necromancer guild that will welcome you. They have a bank, trainers, and vendors. This is an important faction to protect if you leave Kunark before 30, but will limit your hunting because some corrupt Qeynos guards, High Hold guards, and others will possibly drop that faction.

Other than that, you can easily fix the basic guard and merchant factions of Neriak with the infamous red wine quest. This also opens up the greater lightstone quests in SRo. However, all Neriak guilds including the Dead will still want to kill you.

At 34 you'll get Call of Bones, which will improve your faction with most evil races and guilds.

for fun talk to Commander Kane about SK quests while he's near different good faction npcs, his cheeks turn so red! and be sure to visit Drosco in the sewers he gets lonely down there. Had no idea Bertox and Cazic were cool with each other all everyone ever says iksar kos to everyone like a mantra. Bertox SK story and quest stuff are the most interesting but human sk? come on!

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Ashenden posted:

Got two level 50+ characters on red and all I can say is you haven't experienced much yet. You never had to face Smallmee ladderboard farming, dude went 969:3. The only reason most any of us even play on red is because of the exp bonus, which in and of itself is kind of sad. Everquest PvP just isn't very good.

The community is poo poo and endgame raiding prospects involve sucking Colgate and Gongsh0w's dicks.

We could just go total douche, find ways to stockpile extra accounts PLing each a toon to max level, Then issue a rallying call to current and former Goonfleet members and start passing out our glorious clone army for one epic night run of sheer raiding mayhem!!!! would require TS squad channels so that each group of roles knows what to press and when. The sheer beauty of such an overwhelming display would surely outshine the many underhanded and nefarious actions we'd make getting there. Too bad Brad took precautions to make sure any sort of joke raid by level 1s on any zone wouldn't do a damned thing. Wish we could just one day swarm Qeynos with total newb flash mob slay all the merchants and have a dance party

(I believe my lack of details and the sheer perspicuity and obvious hypothetical nature keeps this post kosher with the rules) :monocle:

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Eerkik posted:

I never took anyones advice of rerolling into a magician, still a shadowknight. Finally hit level 3, I don't have a ton of time to play but holy gently caress this is some slow leveling. I should just kill the blue con skeletons for a chance at those cracked staves though right? Anyone have a really low level character they might want to group with around qeynos around midnight pst tonight (after work for me, been working a lotta doubles)? I still have no idea where anything is around me but I can reliably find the underground place with shadowknight trainers and make it back out to north qeynos to more monsters now, just takes me a bit. Not sure if I'd be better off traveling somewhere else or just sticking around here, but the idea of leaving is kinda intimidating with out any sort of map.

I was thinking about either getting my bard on boat to join you or rolling up a Bertox Cleric for you for funsies, and can be on shortly my bard is Freeverse and logging her just for in game contact while I finish things up

Edit: yeah the boat I was thinking of never existed, Freeverse is now in BB guess it'll be Elf land leveling for

Kalaxus fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 16, 2015

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Kefit posted:

I just hit level 30 and oh god it's my first hell level. Killing a mob and seeing your exp % tick up by half of what you were expecting sure is demoralizing.

get super ledge group, machine gun pull blues your way to freedom, don't try tackling it solo, unless masochism is just your thing

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
any sage advice for advancing a lizzy necro from 8-12? Spell tier without any new dots or dd spells is worrisome, don't think that my pet is ready for tanking drawn out battles yet, and I think the undead nuke is too high mana cost to try to lean on it.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
I Managed to get 9 and nearly 10 thanks to chanter uber buffs was soloing yellows and never running out of mana, just had to wait like every 6 pulls for pets health to restore. followed up by a couple hours tag teaming pit with a shammy. Tried to enter Kurn's but 2 big skellys were guarding the entrance, decided probably best not to go in alone having never been in the zone before.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I could get you a ton of Marauder snout MM rings that you can turn in to the warrior guild in East Cabilis. Pretty good exp when you're not grouping

that would be great, thank you.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
Almost 12 on my necro , thanks to amazing luck getting constantly grouped with at least one person that could con my pet for amazing pet tanking action and a surplus of shields to give them all bash. But I read something on Project1999 forum that saying something about pulling back the pet at 25% mob hp or you take an big hit to xp. Did I just have the easiest leveling experience in a long time despite nerfing my xp? Always thought of pets as an extra spell or attack not another player in the group. The best xp rate I had though was group of 4, 2 SK and 2 necro and all our pets were out and partying. Does the pet only count as person for xp while not in the group or something?

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Ashenden posted:

Spent the night down in Najena trying to get a Shovel of Earth with no luck. If anybody has one laying around I'll buy it off of you. Shaman pet just costs too much mana to try and get a high level one without reclaim.

I said last night I destroyed many brooms not shovels! think I maybe saw 1 shovel every 3 days of 3hr sessions, definitely not common, most of that time would be around widowmistress area, think I got em off DB skels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Kefit posted:

I'm currently in Mistmoore, exploring with invisibility. Never really been here before. Send me a tell at Kefkef if you get the chance to log on.

Famous last words RIP