Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

I make the best space doll houses ever

Dirt posted:

People on the P1999 Forums seem annoyed now. Give it a day or two, and then anyone who complains will be called "entitled".

This community is loving weird.

Everyone from the Devs to the customer service people seem like such dicks haha.

They recently implemented the patch to kill Luclin character models from being used on your own client, which upset a lot of people including myself. Never mind that you can still download Luclin high-rez environment textures, enhanced lighting and a host of other post-luclin graphic mods. The reasoning is it's not authentic to the classic experience. The actual reason is it allows trolls and ogres to get on top of some buildings which may allow an advantage in PvP servers. In other words nobody wanted to be bothered to fix it or deal with the several complaints a year it may make.

The general attitude of the community is divided between people who are :smith: about it, and this actual quote:

quote:

I say make P99 as close to 100% content original as you can and keep boxers off the server... and gently caress anyone who whines about it. They can go play WOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

Also, level 11 Bard on blue looking to get an invite: Kannarus

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

The graphic thing has nothing to do with boxing, it was a 99.99% personal graphic aesthetic change only. The quote just shows the ignorance and blind circlejerking of the community regarding just about any decision the devs make, even if it doesn't make sense.

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

Got Luclin models to work BTW. You just have to load the Luclin globalload.txt file after logging in.

Use the normal one to log in to character selection, log out to account sign-in screen, replace the globalload file with the luclin-edited one and log back in. Pain in the rear end because you have to do it every time, but it works.

edit: may be bannable if you admit it so don't go around shouting about it in zones, faggots. Lets not ruin a good thing

edit again: also someone invite me, 16 Bard Kannarus, I'm just another lovely bard but I can kind of mez mobs now so I might be good for more than pulling a whole zone and kiting them by myself while everyone else curses bloody murder and calls for bards to be nerfed.

A Mean Cow fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 28, 2015