Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I watched a YouTube of someone who got into a CoM group, he was a shaman so he would buff, slow, and sit on his rear end staring at the same three walls for 2 hours. drat if I didn't watch the entire drat thing, I got nostalgia for EQ pretty bad, the question is what class to play, originally I played shaman, they were pretty popular and had SoW (The best spell in the game) but I definitely wanna mix it up for 99. my choices are as follows.

Enchanter/Cleric both highly sought after they are both casters, Gate/Bind is so nice to have. I'm not a fan of their complete lack of solo ability, I don't care how good I am, but I at least wanna solo a few blues while I wait for a group.

Druid, I was always jealous of druids when I played, snare kiting seems fun the a fore mentioned best spell in the game, and ports.

Warrior, I would pick up only dependent on their popularity in groups, I picked up a tank in WoW and have always been a fan of that position, but the lack of any convince spells/abilities make them not my first choice. Paladin maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

Ok, Druid main with an enchanter alt, sounds good.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

Monk I played and loved, but I've done it already. I never even considered a DPS class, I remember the endless droning of Rangers LFG and my heart goes out to them.

How does cleric sound as a first class? I've always enjoyed the social aspects of the game, I kinda liked sitting on my rear end doing nothing while everyone else did the heavy lifting while I could chat and only had to work for the first 30 seconds of every fight. I imagine sitting on my rear end dropping CH's every minute would be about the same.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I started a cleric, I had every expectations of rolling a gnome, the best race in the game, but apparently this last decade turned me into a bit of a stat whore so I ended up with a High Elf.

My connection is spotty, so much so that I don't wander or group because I go LD every hour, but still got to level 5, got my new spells, and after getting lost in GFay a few times I already got my Sense Heading to 100.

Just a comment on this server, everyone seems just super nice though, I guess no one ever plays here unless they are psyched to be here. I don't think a single druid or shaman ever didn't stop to give me a SoW, not because I asked, hailed them, or even glanced expect-idly at them, only because I was there.

I'm running around encumbered because some random person was just giving away full suits of Bronze to anyone who could use it.

More than one bar is due to the fact that some random passerby decided to throw a 25 point damage shield on me and I got to slaughter some orcs.

I'm looking forward to getting back, I finally accepted the fact I will never have a reliable wifi in my house, so off to buy 100 ft Ethernet.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I finally got my internet woes fixed and got my cleric up to 19, I have to be very selective in the 1 or 2 spells I can afford when I level.

In the meantime my level 7 Necro is just tripping over money, between random kindness of strangers, tips for helping high levels,or actually getting to loot a mob, I'm u to about 120p.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I said "kindness of strangers"
So not red.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I think my cleric is camped in unrest, I can hoof it to a port area.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

Mrensa. I'll head over now, thanks :) Might be a bit, boat time permitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I finally motivated myself enough to get the hell out of Kunark. I made very steady progress for a while, and then I had the brilliant idea "Hey if this small relatively unknown dungeon like MM always has a group imagine how packed a zone like Lake of Ill Omen will be"

For the past two weeks I've been camped out here, a few partnerships one or two fort groups, but mostly I log on /who and go play diablo. I finally learn MM is a big leveling hub, I only went there for the first time because I happened to roll a HElf