Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi

Telltolin posted:

i'm surrounded by plastic everquest poo poo now

This all rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi

Ginette Reno posted:

EQ was so damned good. Did you manage to fall off of Kelethin like a true first time EQ player?

so many times…

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Just coming in here to shout from the rooftops that I finally, at long last, got my Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl this morning. NO MORE TRADESKILLING EVER! Woooooooooooooooo!!!

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
So what's the utility of getting an OT hammer as a caster class? What does it get you that gate doesn't? Just another bind point basically?

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Well, guild had a hammer night where we kept recharging puppet strings and giving out clicks for PP, so I got one... hopefully I'll get some use out of it!

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Mine was through guild, so I got it for 2500. Wasn't sure about it, but seemed like a really good opportunity, so I didn't want to pass it up.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Good AC too: https://wiki.project1999.com/Cloak_of_Shadows
Also, for cheap: https://wiki.project1999.com/Grave_Sandals

truavatar fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 8, 2022

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi

Pratan posted:

I've done 6 coldain shawls.

Help me.

omg I'm so sorry...

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
I got a Laser pup on my shaman in CoM once and it was painful to leave him!

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Got my Spear of Fate on blue last night!! First epic ever, including live back in the day.

:sax:

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Thanks! I’m only level 55 too, so it’ll get plenty of use. I kinda just stopped making the effort on the xp grind once it was in sight… knew it would help out sooo much.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Geonids in WL have great gem drops. They have pretty high HP and the shamans are a pain though. Might not be worth it if you're not also XPing.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi

Yolomon Wayne posted:

i was originally planning on an etched icewurm fang (which is about 7k on Blue), but mostly because i blindly followed the twinking advice from a buddy.
Icewurm fang is kinda pointless for the price. If you're face-tanking with haste, you're better off with a Granite Face Grinder for like half the plat. By the time that spear procs, you're getting towards the end of your face-tank run anyway. You can do hasted face-tanking with GFG (or PWC for super cheap) until early 40s, then just grab a cheap howling harpoon / sarnak battle shield for better stats.

quote:

Also fungi (35-40k), thats basically a given.
Ive snatched a cheap Sarnak Battle Shield for offhand, with a Slime Coated Harpoon for main (toggling with an even cheaper Wraithbone Hammer).
Need to read up on ashen warspear,doesnt ring a bell currently.
They're thinking of the Ebon War Spear, but unless you really need the MR, slime coated is better. You're probably best off with howling harpoon/dark ember for piercing/1hb to keep your skills up at early levels and for mainhand/range stats later on. Dark ember has HP, which is nice, and HH can go in range when you're not using it.

quote:

For haste ive gotten Schw, haste belt or cloack would be nice but not a must have, as the cloak is 40 and the belts start at 18.
SCHW is totally sufficient for early-level shaman face-taking. If you've got money to burn, sure, go for something nicer, but I don't think it's necessary compared to some of the other big ticket shaman items.

quote:

Jewelry is prolly 1-2k depending on what ill go for - 2x 5/55 are possible to get for 350-400, 35/25 ears are 400 each, and a 55/55 neck goes for 500 right now.
Sounds solid until you can get a 6-neck. You'll also want either a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring or Spyglass/Kromzek scope as soon as you get cannibalize. I prefer the earring since the scope effect drives me insane.

quote:

Oh yeah and a JBB at 50 of course, another 20k but thats future talk.
JBB clicks at 45 (if you're not iksar) and is definitely worth the cash when you get there.

quote:

As of now ill aim for Fungi + EoT i think?
Fungi is definitely the most important item, by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi

Malaria posted:

It combines well with the SoW clicky boots you get from the Shaman epic questlne. The fungi staff regen will override SoW, but having a clicky for SoW negates that.

Yeah, if you have someone willing to help you get them, the Black Fur Boots start clicking at lvl 10 and are amazing. They instaclick SOW, so they can work as a global cooldown reset in outdoor zones too.