Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Any ideas where a couple 51 druids and a 54 monk can get some exp?

Been trying to do some UG groups lately.

Previous UG forays have been successful on my 30 bard (Vedder) and 40 SK (Noctolin). Looking forward to that hybrid exp pen being patched out.

Lets try and do more UG groups in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Loving the loss the the hybrid-exp penalty. My exp bars finally move again.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
That was nuts tonight. Had like 4 goons in our HHK basement group, and probably like 6 goons altogether went through the group over the evening.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Another topnotch UG group in HHK tonight.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Ashenden posted:

On the Lower Guk front we had a lot of mishaps, pretty much all caused by trying to IVU to Assup or multi-wizard pulls vs feign death. I've learned my lesson, when I am trying to guide newer players down there we are definitely going to just clear the entire way. Exp is fine doing that at 40. Klaymen is an MVP for his evac when we were down to 8% health. Thanks to everyone who showed up, sorry it wasn't smoother and I hope we can try again tomorrow. Personally I had a lot of fun since I don't mind dying to lguk shenanigans, only thing I worry about is other goons having a poo poo time since I formed the group.

I'm up for more this weekend.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Interesting 50+ UG 4 man group yesterday in SolB, but I think we should maybe find somewhere more worthwhile to hunt in the future. Ha ha.

That being said, even with the death, still managed to get 10%+ exp for the endeavor.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Heh. I would have invited ya.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Arae posted:

I've been tempted and some group leaders have even requested for me to do it.

I'd be surprised if there was as I've Tox ported EC beggars on several occasions.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Ramulack posted:

The guy obviously has issues that requires professional help.

I think this describes much of P99's playerbase in general.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Aades posted:

I just started my first P99 character, having a blast. I had forgotten what a naked corpse run felt like, it really adds some significance to getting killed.

Is the goon guild good for a worthless newb like me, or is there a goon endorsed leveling guild out there? I doubt I'll ever be a raider, but I miss that green text in guild chat.

Ya, do / all "Unknown Guild".

I can do an invite on "Mauzer" atm, if you're on. What's your name?

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 28, 2016

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I might be in the minority but I liked Luclin and PoP for the most part.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

FknMeh posted:

Swarming hits its sweet spot at level 18 when you get Denon's Disruptive Discord. Message Tarts in game and I can show you how to swarm.

Also if any of you on Blue have lying around or come across Lambent armor in EC (I can't stare at auctions 24/7), paying 300 for boots, gloves, braces and 400 for helm and greaves.

I'll keep my eyes open for Lambent and I might have to have you show me how to kite, swarm or otherwise, sometime too on my bard too. Ha ha.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Zaepho posted:

This game is terrible and you are all terrible for mentioning it and making me play it again. Haven't played in YEARS. I think I retired after finally getting the Wizard Elemental Pants from PoTime.

Currently level 3, screwing around in GFay as a Gnomish Wizard. (Yes I am an MMO masochist)

What your char's name? We can get you into the goon guild.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Rlazgoth posted:

After reinstalling EQ and realizing that the live server is nothing like what I remember, I got P1999 up and running and started an Enchanter on blue. I quit EQ over 10 years ago so I forgot many of the game's subtleties, and selected Tunare for deity when creating the character. I am now level 10 and not very willing to reroll as I'm quite some hours in, but everyone is telling me that by not being Agnostic, I locked myself out of the Enchanter epic as well as a bunch of quests and spells. Am I truly hosed or are there workarounds for this?

Lev 10 is nothing especially considering the availability of power-leveling (can get to 10+ easily in a session). I would definitely re-roll as Dark Elf Agnostic.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

ColoradoCleric posted:

Started playing this with a friend to try out EQ99 and see what all the hub bub is about, looking to join the goon guild when I get some free time.

It might help to post your chars' names. Anyways, do a / all "Unknown Guild" to see if anyone is on.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

moolchaba posted:

Finally got the Pegasus Feather Cloak on a whim last night.

Wow. Congrats. You'd been working on that cloak for a long time.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

DeathSandwich posted:

I've been logging back in here recently and tooling around with my bard and I'm discovering that for whatever reason my mouse likes to randomly hitch when I'm trying to swarm kite at low levels and it's getting me killed too often to be lucrative xp wise. So I've been tooling around with the idea of rolling another character. Anyone able to sound off on demand for Clerics vs Shamans currently? I know cleric demand is always high, I just didn't know if there were enough people playing them to drive down their demand overall. I also know Clerics can be dull as all hell to play too, though being able to rez is a huge boon.

Edit: Would it be worth it to go high elf cleric for their amazing cultural tradeskill platemail or is it better to go for dwarf/halfling for small size and better strength?

I chose Dark Elf for my Cleric for Hide, the snare click neck (Regent Symbol of Innoruuk, which is also available to Inny worshiping Troll Shamen), and they look cool, IMO. As for tradeskilling, I hope you have a lot of money to burn if you're going down that route.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 9, 2016

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Zodium posted:

are there any items with clickies I could/should get? I have a telescope clicky for instacasting, but it'd be nice to have clicky levi and maybe enduring breath, and/or other effects i'm probably forgetting now. doesn't have to be insta. all this loving reagent use is just killing me. :downs:

You won't be able to use em for a while but you should save up for Elder Spiritist's Vambraces (clicky DoT) and Gauntlets (snare). You'll also want a Luminescent Staff eventually for mana-free quad nukes.

In other news, I'm closing in on 60 rapidly on Mauzer.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 6, 2017

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Finally hit 60 on Mauzer.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Probably not. LOL

I'm gunna trick out my shaman, Chairman, I think,

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

masterfly posted:

Chairman is your shaman? I seriously see a corpse for that toon in every zone I've been in and in random places.

As you can tell, I'm already off to a great start. Ha ha.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah I mainly solo anyway with monk or ranger, probably ranger this time around if there's mercs.

Post your name and we'll get you an invite sometime or do / all "unknown guild".

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Athropos posted:

I picked high elf. I couldnt stand being a dwarf even if they objectively have the best stats and human's night vision kind of put me off.

Post your in-game name if you want a guild invite.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Probably the sunk-cost fallacy keeping me in Unknown Guild. I wonder if I even could bring myself to leave.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 19, 2017

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I've been playing a little bit lately.

Hit me up on one of my chars if you see me online (Mauzer, Chairman, Malkatraz, Noctolin, Odious, Vedder, Alteredstate) if you need an invite to the nearly defunct Goon Guild.

Or do / all "Unknown Guild"

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
How hard is the druid epic Kedge bit?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I got a Dragon Horn Ykesha if some Ranger wants it.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Meatgrinder posted:

Oh sorry mate, I thought I had responded to this: Unknown is dead, join a leveling guild. Just group with folks and you will find one; if you don't, Kittens is a safe bet.

Its not dead, just highly inactive. I'll keep that guild on life support until I'm dead.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

moolchaba posted:

Who is the cool dude (meaning someone who hasn't played on red server) that I'm handing over guild lead to? WHO?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I suppose you could give it to me.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Sounds like maybe we got the start of a decent low level group with two clerics to choose from and a possible SK tank. I got a lowbie Enchanter too btw.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I think it'd be fine to twink if you want, personally. My Ench has some gear already (nothing fancy though.)

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

Woof. I don't even have 200 plat to my name, so I guess I'll leave trade skills for later.

Tradeskills can be a major money sink.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Speaking of cultural tradeskills, does anyone know any ogre (Rallos) or dark elf (Innoruuk) blacksmiths?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I can probably Smith the Inny stuff. If you can gather the mats (or need help doing it), got a 56 Wizard with 168 Tailoring and 120 Smithing.

Here's my ingredient list for what I need (Imbued Plate Arms, Chest, Legs and Enchanted Chain Coif) assuming I got the math right (and no failures, highest trivial is 240, LOL).

3x Enchanted Adamantite Jointing – Crafted
- 3 x Enchanted Adamantite Rings – Crafted
-- 3 x Enchanted Lrg. Brick of Adamantite - Summoned
-- 3 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested
- 3 x Neriak Nectar - Crafted, Bought
8 x Enchanted Folded Adamantite Sheet - Crafted
- 8 x Enchanted Block of Adamantite - Crafted
- 8 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested
3 x Imbued Sapphire - Summoned (My cleric can do this)
3 x Leather Padding - Crafted
4 x Shadow Temper - Crafted
- 4 x Elven Blood - Dropped
- 8 x Essence of Shadow - Dropped
- 4 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested
1 x Silk Swatch - Crafted
- 2 x Spider Silk
2 x Enchanted Adamantite Rings – Crafted
- 2 x Enchanted Lrg. Brick of Adamantite - Summoned
- 2 x Neriak Nectar - Bought, Quested

I'm assuming that the main things I need to farm are the Elven Bloods and the Essence of Shadow, right? I can pay for any of the merchant sold bits, of course.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

What's a good place to level around 20 and beyond? I'm trying to do Unrest but man, the place is train city. Group and solo content help would be appreciated.

Do 24 - 35 in High Hold Keep basement goblin groups. There's only enough room really for one group at a time, but it's solid money and killer exp. I usually make ~3k or more on each alt I run through here at those levels.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

Yeah I did well in FP (what does FP stand for anyway?) last night from 20-21, but god I hate Dagnor's Cauldron and its loving skeletons and goblins, and getting a group in Unrest as a ranger is ehh. I'll try to get a group later tonight.

FP in that context = Fireplace. In other more common general usage it can mean Freeport.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Dick Burglar posted:

Man, I need a new place to level my ranger (who just hit 22, thank goodness for light healing replacing minor healing) than Unrest. The place is either super dead (:downs:) or full groups in all the places I'd want to be.

Could do UGUK, or maybe to aviaks in lake rathe or stuff in south karana.

Had a good goon three man in North Ro this evening. Was fun.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Also need someone to make Klaymen an officer, it'll be way easier from a wizard.

I can do that if I see you on, but I think we might play at opposite times lately. I'll probably be on sometime this weekend too.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Be aware that <Unknown Guild> has a proud, classic tradition of breaking the /who parameters on our server. I believe it responds with a zero unless you are doing /who guild all from a tagged character.

Doing / all "unknown guild" doesn't work?

wazu posted:

Been playing on this box the past week. Have not yet had a sighting of <Unnamed Guild> on a /who all check. Any officers planning to be on this weekend?

What's your guy's name? I'll probably be on this weekend. Look for Mauzer

Folks needing invites: be sure to post your name so it's easier for us to find you, if you can please.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I think I'm caught up on invites, but let me know if anyone needs one.

Sounds like we might try and do a Hole crawl (not sexual) later if anyone has chars in that range (maybe 45-60?).