Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knob
May 25, 2005

knob

Sankis posted:

I fell off Quarm in December or so. How's it doing now?

On a similar note, how are the P99 numbers?

Server population has definitely taken a hit over the last couple months. I think a lot of people are bored of vanilla EQ. Agree with the other person who said Kunark should have been launched earlier.

Instances are part of the problem (not that I dislike them). Since you're not having to compete with other guilds to raid planes or dragons, you get gear pretty quick. As a result, I'm having to spend a lot of time in my least favorite zone, Plane of Sky, grinding quest items. It's still preferable to no instances and having the big zerg guild (project faceless) monopolizing everything.

but good god, kunark can't come soon enough. Quarm was basically my first time playing in 20+ years and the world feels so much smaller than I remember. I want more zones to level in. I want to make an iksar. I want to raid something other than the planes and dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knob
May 25, 2005

knob

Sankis posted:

I haven't had an issue with most Quarm changes but Kunark being iksar only for a month is extremely silly

I like the idea. It spreads out the initial Iksar rush that is going to happen and forces people to play untwinked. They'll also be capped to level 50 during that month and restricted from entering certain zones. I'm viewing it as a second server launch and am pretty excited about it.

I just can't decide if I'll regret being an iksar shaman (no plate, so no jbb), or if i should just do what everyone else will do and go necro. I'm leaning necro at the moment. I played a cleric for launch and I kind of hate it, so I don't know if I want to spend another 50 levels healing people. The most appealing thing is solo ability later on with things like torpor.

knob fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 30, 2024