Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
didn't take too long, but was certainly annoying worrying about certain quest parts. got my 47 SK(now 49) his epic. Just sitting semi afk in the hole during the undead part getting the ghost of glohnor to spawn was like 4-6% a kill and we didn't even go out of out way to kill morethen needed. I guess it has felt that away on EQ for every quest i do that i have -never- done before. Lots of hesitiation, re looking back, asking others who have done it. then when you finally do it its basically like oh wow that was simple. pretty much like how I can solo ring 1-8 on my 55 druid. and most of the other class epics i know by heart and are no issue. now that I have done SK epic fully its a joke, Picked up a few extra cell keys just for future use, and so i can get another earring to wear. Don't need the BP as I have a bp from vindi, he is decently twinked but nothing amazingly geared like tons of no drop tov loots etc maybe eventually. just need 60% more to proc the epic, Plan on stopping at level 55 so i can use unholy aura disc + HT for an easy 900ish+ damage on top oflife leech 200 dmg and use whatever lifetaps/spells I have to land for extra damage along side my 2h swings.

Definitely looking forward to looting either Soul Defiler or Frostwrath since they appear to be the 2 bis 1h weapons for knights ratio wise and stats. Plus if I had soul defiler I could take my wizards extra AoN off my SK(hes a troll fatty), when I did the magelo creations if I had been a dark elf I probably would have had about 400 more base mana which I think ide rather take troll hp regen any day for pvp. another level or so or possibly even know and i can get back to grouping and tanking the CoM mobs or solb mobs easier without them constantly hitting max damage on me like before when i was 8-9 levels lower. Once my epic procs, it should help a ton with group/soloing for heals and fungi. Having permanent VoG/C2/GoB makes me able to spam lifetaps indefinitely. another crap part is I can only spam lifetaps for 85 right now, but it goes great with a 2h casting inbetween swings while delay resets.

Stopping at 55 for pvp will be great, most casters cloth and priest around that level barely have 1k hp unbuffed, and maybe 1.2k self buffed. So I already figure disc HT for 700-850 damage, life leech ~200dmg, a slash/bash and a boil blood if it doesn;t kill them will surely make them run like hell or gate for zone. i am totally loving even self buffed, with just eyepatch of plunder I can get 2 bashes off per gate cast(6sec)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Cylock stopped doing illusions for us, at least on red. Because he was giving out illusions, and he gave one to someone that crashed 9/10 people in the zone. and then somehow it effected the zone, and set a cascade hitting wakening lands -> kael -> EW all the way into iceclad and screwed up something big apparently that they had to bring the real admins in to come fix/reboot the zones.

im not playing nearly as much as I used to, got basically every alt or character i want past 55 to 60 and so an army of 60s and 55 alt pvper/farmers finished one of every class. I basically have 40 eyepatches of plunder now, technically 38 but with the latest 2 alts I just got their stormfeathers back to back the other day having had lodi map for weeks/months on them from level 1-10 still. Get em to 40, swarm to 55 or 60 in CoM easily, makes leveling a joke still even with the 25 cap. 40-49 is 4 pulls, and 3 of them are literally simply for 40, 45 getting 1% a kill opposed to 4-8% a kill on non hell levels. Have tested it with 55 bard 58 bard 60 bard. Doesn't really seem to matter what level you use but 59+ is the best simply for the new poison aoe denons debreave puts you up to like 270 hp/tick in dots so throwing another 70 damage a tick into that speeds the swarms up from a 8-10 minute swarm on a sub 59, to roughly 4-5 minutes on a 59-60 bard.

Have done various iksars, trolls, high penalty races and exp does get crappy 57-58+ but if you go duo swarm it with the bard, you can get the max amount which at 57 is around 25-30% as a iksar necro I was averaging. it gets lower, and at 59 with just a 60 bard it was roughly 8-14% a pull on an troll SK. The exp past 55+ per pull seems very dependent all on what your track shows. if the top shows majority dark blue, you got a sexy respawn and its going to be max possible exp, but generally its a mix of 8-15 dark blues, 30 dark greens, 10-20 greens and the rest depends if you pull arena, and the goo houses(which I dont because it adds an extra 2-3 minutes to the tagging, and another 5 minutes to re grouping them up. People on blue probably don't get this anymore since iirc swarming is frowned or illegal on blue something about zone disruption or some nonsense. I avoided swarming past 55 for a long time, and never did 50+ until cobalt scar wyverns in velious released. before that it was simply 25-49 in OT which is pretty much nerfed, or a big hassle to keep stuff aggro'd with lazy aggro now.

on that totally random note im going to miss triple duelist backstabs when they patch, and fix the haste thing giving backstab and stuff faster refresh timers. Happens a lot, never SS it much but between one i had with nanzata i logged and this one, feels good to get off 4k+ in backstabs alone in simple 15 seconds not including white damage. BS were decent but so many misses made for a bad auto attack. usually get lots of 100+ pierces and some 150 slashes. When I have VoG and am in kunark or classic on an old world low AC target I drop vyemm's fang 13/17 MH and i can deadeye that just for guaranteed hit, everything is just spam of 85 85 85 85 85 85 85 85 85 its so drat fast. I still use it take it out of range slot and drop it mainhand with epic or claw offhand when im farming in velious or wherever solo, don't have to bother trying to side step a solo mob with backstabs to kill it. the pure melee auto attack makes up for it.

I remember posting this on the melee section after talking about it for weeks and seemed like no one on blue or red had even noticed, but I had renards belt and a claw of lightning so as soon as that quiver haste patch went in and I noticed I could easily squeeze off a triple BS during duelist i was just like WTF. and it wasnt until like 6-8 months ago blue started going into a frenzy about it as if it was either kept a secret or simple NO ONE realized. I would go on and on in my guild making sure rogues either picked eashen claw up, or put their old sky haste belt on or picked up a dozekar 41% bracer just because the current dps of a 41% haste rogue vs a non is redic. With a epic/claw combo and avatar im basically always top dps, any rogue similar we trade places it depends who gets better roll of the dice on backstab RNG etc. but a NON PRIMAL rogue, with the same epic/claw comes in right below us by barely 10dps less having something like 100+ less attack power etc.

[Wed Mar 30 20:51:39 2016] Your muscles quiver with power.
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:39 2016] You backstab Ventani the Warder for 444 points of damage.

[Wed Mar 30 20:51:44 2016] You backstab Ventani the Warder for 568 points of damage.
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:44 2016] You try to backstab Ventani the Warder, but miss!

[Wed Mar 30 20:51:50 2016] You backstab Ventani the Warder for 916 points of damage.
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:50 2016] You try to backstab Ventani the Warder, but miss!

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I saw a lot of people go over to agnarr, and most quit by level 15-20 and came back already. only what appears to be 1 in 10 red players actually keep playing on it, and most of them are not serious or were already casual players on P99. That being said, I hope once all the patches on p99 are released they release a new pvp server with all updated resists/buff timers/code in a locked progression type. Or at the very least allow blue people to transfer to red with all gear/plat non-tradeable so they can have some fun and pvp.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I can't remember to be sure, But I think name was Plisner? I searched back dozens, but it must be in the 30-50s maybe. The creator of Zliz EQ map, on http://www.zlizeq.com/Index for P99 and Al'Kabor. I figured you may not play anymore and checked the other ways of contacting you. Just in case you see this or read it still, or if anyone can get in contact with him please ask him if he can tell me how to update the map to function for Rise of Zek server. I don't know if his source needs a recompile and what has to be changed, or its a matter of the zone files .txt stuff #s that need to be changed. Would love to get this up and running on RoZ also, Many people I know still use it on P99 and noticed right away it wouldn't work on another server that wasn't listed.

If you use discord, you can find me on jupe#2072 probably. Otherwise just post back or check your contact email listed.

Anyone still playing on P99 red btw? i have a ton of toons just sitting inactive while almost 90% of red is over on RoZ. Apex is still the top guild, but I hear they are struggling to get #s for tunare and other stuff even with 2boxing that they are calling trakanon raids and venril sathir etc. Only mention it because on red if someone is, I have some port/buff bots that someone can use while im not using them(RED ONLY CHARS, -there are NONE on blue-) so at the very least you can rez people, port etc however you see fit. Most of them are all no drop gear or nothing worth stealing.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Unfortunately I do not visit SA forums often anymore, used to be a daily thing. But too much time spent doing other things lately gives me very little time to cruise forums and such. I was able to get in contact with him via email finally. Thanks though, I should look into upgrading though. All these years and I never changed avatar or anything.