Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
How do keys in Velious work? I guess I need to run around and grab teeth or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I cant believe BFGs are already patched off the servers

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

damastas posted:

You're in Taken? So am I. Didn't know there were any other goons there.

Hey Taken goons. I've got an Iksar warrior (Skullmonkey) in BDA. When you're not raiding, hit me up - we should group some Dragon Necropolis or something.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Siets posted:

I got a game mechanics question:

My main on Red is currently dead in a dungeon. If I log in an alt and continue playing on the same account and same server, will that cause the resurrection timer to tick down on my main? Or do I have to be specifically logged into my main character to have his resurrection timer tick down?

Any character on the account will keep the rezz timer moving. It sucks, I agree, and is one of the reasons why hardcore players make new accounts for alts.

Where'd you die? I have a cleric if you're not in Seb or something scary.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

hayden. posted:

lol wut? Spell buffs don't tell you how long they have left anymore?

This is the worst patch since maps were removed.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Just spent a few hours doing the Acolyte's Anklet quest running all over the place only to realize as I was turning it in that its race restricted and since I'm a wood elf I can't even wear it. :doh:

Well at least I had a pretty good time exploring all around? Its NO TRADE so I can't even make some money off it or hand it over to an alt. Ugh.

14 Druid Byrch still needs a guild invite on Blue.

:negative:

Can you get to Unrest? I have a lowbie cleric there I can tag you in the guild with. Probably still one of the best zones to level in aside from Befallen and Crushbone.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

I'd say definitely roll Shaman or Enchanter. Fuuuuck playing a warrior, dude, no way in hell. You'll hate yourself. Only roll a warrior if you already have a max level char and have no life.

Heeey, what does that say about me? :v:

Enchanters are lots of fun, too. They get a ton of spells (more than you'll need to get), everybody needs one for the clarity/crowd control, and when you don't have time to group you can charm some mob and solo for a bit. Personally, I found grouping with decent pullers made my job a little boring, but mezzes become crucial in higher level zones.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Poked my head into Tower of Frozen Shadow on my Ranger. First two floors seem pretty cool - there's a slippery floor around a pit that's pretty annoying to pull around without levitate.

Floor 2 was full of casters, some of which charmed me during my pulls. Overall, I got keyed to 3 in about an hour. Exp was ok, but I'm sure SolA is much faster with a group.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Siets posted:

I have a feeling I am going to get kicked from TMO at some point. I love grouping with those guys, but raiding feels like an absolute chore (especially when you are melee and reliant on everyone else for rides.) Unless I come all the time, I feel like I stand zero chance of ever seeing even a single piece of gear. There are so many dudes that show up to every single raid with giant stocks of DKP, and I just am not ever going to be one of those people because of my family and work life. I have seen these guys raid for up to 8 hours a stretch sometimes. There's just no way I personally can handle that.

I really wish there was room for membership in TMO as a non-raider, but I have a feeling that isn't the case. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

For what it's worth, I feel your pain. Sat in a Halls of Testing raid last night putting tells in for quest plate, only to watch the same couple warriors get drops because they're the hardcore players these days. As casual scum, I'm not in a rush to get Best in Slot, but it's easy to feel like you're lagging behind the other guys in Velious.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Looted a new 2HS in Kael this afternoon - http://wiki.project1999.com/Thunder_Runed_Great_Sword.

Can anyone explain the wiki resist details (-100 SvM)? This sword seems to land a lot of procs on trash mobs.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Lakedaimon posted:

what set is that from?

I only have Velious pants and they have a dragon on the side im not even sure Hot Topic would have stocked them back in 1998

Looks like Black Pantherskin, but I haven't seen a full set yet so I'm just guessing.

Velious factioning is a slog so far. I'm working on CoV and getting into Kael groups when I can, but only playing in 1-2 hour bursts makes it feel like a Sisyphean task.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Anyone else feeling the Velious pain at level 60? I've died so many times I nearly lost the level.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh wow. I never hit max in EQ so I never even thought about the idea of hitting max level and then falling back down again from post-max deaths. That's insane.

I guess that's everquest for you. :darksouls:

On the one hand it'd be nice if you got locked in once you hit the cap but on the other hand I guess people could be pretty careless then, its nice having videogames where death actually has an impact and makes you really dread bad things happening to your character. Oof that sucks though.

at least it's not a hell level like the 50s. Couple hours in Howling Stones last night got me almost two blues and a Sash of the Dragonborn. That dungeon still rules.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

khysanth posted:

Anyone hunting the Ornate Velium Pendants in Icewell? My cleric is non-KoS and I will heal you if we can farm up a couple. Can take some hours. Probably being nerfed in the next patch.

I really need to get one, but will have to take the faction hits as it stands. How can Dain/Coldain faction be improved if I decide to go KoS?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Summit posted:

Started a human SK — some very interesting faction problems with that combination. You start out with all factions of Qeynos on the cusp of hating you. Already walked into a few buildings and had some random NPC beat my face in. Pretty sure I can't do the Gnoll Fang quest until I'm ready to leave the area as I'm already dubious with every guard and I'll be threatening with corrupts after just a few turn ins.

I know your pain. Feign death will be something to look forward to, and there are a million Circlets of Shadow on the server, so no worries about that item going anywhere anytime soon.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Anyone got experience leveling a wizard? Just hit 27 and feeling the exp wall start to creep in. Is it worth the effort?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Thinking about rolling a melee class to get a break from druid here and there, decided on SK, agonizing over race choice.
I really don't want to be a Ogre or Troll. They're hideously ugly and they're huge.

But drat, it seems like they're the way to go because of slam. That seems really good? Without it you've gotta wear a shield and bash, but 2h weapons seem pretty great.
Then Troll also has regen, which is huge. But that xp penalty hurts so bad on top of SK.

I think I've narrowed it down to Dark elf or Iksar, both sound like fun. Iksar's got the health regen but more exp penalty. Hm.
Is making an SK without slam a huge mistake?

I am all for this, but what about "its classic!" ? :cheeky:

Its been said before, but the devs are all for bending the rules on classic when it comes to loving people over, just not when it comes to helping people.

Still I can't afford epic twinks so I'm cool with nobody else getting them either.

If you roll Iksar, I can craft you cultural armor (lol Banded armor) or do the Dreadscale armor quests to help you get started.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Erudite Cleric has some advantages, but is different with some unique items and style.

Iksar warriors are a special challenge, especially in Kunark where your armor options are limited to chain. There's a light at the end of the tunnel when you're AC and natural regen keeps you purple clubbing into a Complete Heal, but playing one to 60 was definitely an exercise in masochism.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Summit posted:

I have about 750pp, what's the best thing I could buy for a low level Shadowknight to make life a little easier? I do have a Circlet of Shadow (pre nerf) already which I sank basically all my plat into awhile back. I don't think I could afford it now so that was a good decision.

I have a Rod of Lamentation in EC you can have. Spend 200pp on SoW pots and another 500pp on Platinum Fire Wedding Rings, last 50pp on Banded?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Summit posted:

Awesome! Will you be on tonight? I'll probably be around EC around 7 CST. (this was for blue by the way)

I'll be on around 11:30 EST. look me up on Skullmonkey or Klaymen

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Pathos posted:

I'm trying to do some research for my lowly level 16 magician's new pet spells and I cannot figure out where to find the poo poo needed (Halas Heater and Words of Tyranny). I know the words just drop randomly so, okay, I can wait there but... finding someone with brewing is apparently impossible. Any suggestions?

This is on blue by the way, because I'm awful.

I'll check my brewing skill, but you might want to consider skilling it up yourself, as all the researched mage pets require the previous spell to make the pets at 20, 24, and so on.

Edit: What zone are you in?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I have a 27 Wizard and 30 Ranger I'd love to level on Blue. I made a stack of Halas Heaters I could toss the mage's way tonight. Any lowbies need banded armor? Could craft a couple sets in Neriak while I'm near EC

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Eerkik posted:

My phone died while replying last night and I fell asleep at the login screen ha. I'm a hooman shadow knight

Now that I've refreshed the thread thanks for all the advice guys! The op says most goons are on blue, is that still the case? That's where I rolled because of that and the pop difference. Might just reroll as some sort of caster if thars not the same case still, or if it's really worth it. Magician seems rad as well as wizard for magical teleporting, and I love the idea of enchanter

Few of us on Blue always. Red seems to be going through another revival.

Having played on both, getting a cleric from 1-40 on Red was super fast, but the server often feels empty and dodging twink PKs can get annoying.

From what I can see, mages are excellent casters to start off with. Certainly more enjoyable to level than one trick pony wizards (who nobody cares about grouping with until you're 39) ffffff

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

Do we know when the bonus xp weekend is?

October 2nd-5th

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

If you Red pals get to the mid 30's, I can log on my 40 cleric. Complete Healing is pretty great.

Probably will be on later tonight or Thursday evening. Usually play a couple hours at a time

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Ashenden posted:

As God intended.

I'll probably roll a Bard because a team with drum Selo's is far better than a team with SoW. I like the idea of Odus because anything Erudite can't fill can just start in or run to (Shaman) Qeynos and hop on a boat. Small races will be able to get the easiest MR chest armor.

Another good thing about bards are their ability to PL groups with that AoE chords song. I'm sure whoever plays on the server will need that at some point.

I'm not above playing an Erudite cleric if we coordinate something on Odus.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I Love You! posted:

I was the guild leader of SLAMDUNKATRON but when i had to quit someone else got the tag and I can't get it back because I don't know who they are.

I have a Slamdunkatron officer on Skullmonkey (Red). Maybe my logs would show who GL is?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Kalaxus posted:

any sage advice for advancing a lizzy necro from 8-12? Spell tier without any new dots or dd spells is worrisome, don't think that my pet is ready for tanking drawn out battles yet, and I think the undead nuke is too high mana cost to try to lean on it.

I could get you a ton of Marauder snout MM rings that you can turn in to the warrior guild in East Cabilis. Pretty good exp when you're not grouping

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

60 rogue who's pretty geared on blue needs to make plat. I'm pretty broke ATM, so anyone 60 lets go farm some money camps? I'll be on swashy tonight.

I'll probably be on tonight around 11pm EST. Howling Stones South wing maybe? Made like 10k in an hour or two last time I was there*.

(*because my dice roll was superb.)

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I might be able to help you with this - I usually just AE all the gators in cazic a few times and typically get a drop or two. If you REALLY want a shovel in particular it might take longer. If I have time tonight or tomorrow I'll see what I can do.

Could we do this, but as a 30-40s exp venture? I'll supply a shovel today, Azae.

Edit: Gonna try to get 32-34 by tomorrow night. Really want that Iceclad port.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I, too, took the sucker's bet and tried to camp Pained Soul during the exp weekend. Should've stuck it out, but after 3 hours of nothing but placeholders I was kinda wishing I'd been on corpse runs instead :orks101:

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Welp, I've learned to respect the hell out of the lava in SolA. Died once when we pulled a bit much and then died two more times to lava just trying to drag my corpse back to the entrance. :smith:

Thanks to the goon who bravely dove into the lava with levitation to help me fish a corpse back out so I didn't end up losing much XP.

Sorry about last night. Lost internet as we were trying to break the king camp and probably died somewhere near the bar. I'll try to help with the corpse run when I'm on today.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Ashenden posted:

Bugen bagged Black Dire for me, some level 50 Gnome seemed to be planning to try and engage it first. Naw.

Also got 2 levels today, guess I do better without double exp.

That same gnome who was AEing the castle entrance we were camping? gently caress that guy

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Have you broken 1300 yet?

I saw a shaman link 1.1k AC last night, which was impressive. My warrior has 1000 unbuffed, but I'm starting to hear anecdotes that AC>hp stacking now. Either way, I've got to work on some gear upgrades to hold my own on Velious.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

Where the bodies at? I saw one outside Seb.

Do you guys know a cleric? If you're not dead in Sebilis, I think my 40 cleric and do 50% rezzes on Red.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I Love You! posted:

Scoobs and co. have declared war on Pandemonium. This has resulted in a large number of bodies of Pan + groupmates who think they're gettin' fresh piling up across CoM. We apologize insincerely if we roll in and rekk your group. Please do not fight back and we will not harm you, though we welcome you switching sides midfight and assisting us in our virtuous Jihad!

Should I park my 40 cleric in CoM?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Daaz posted:

...annnnd im back. gotta catch up, gotta go fast!

I'm looking for somebody, one of yous guys, that can PBAOE around level 40 or 45, with a sizable manapool. Why?

IM GLAD YOU ASKED

I teamed up with another bard. We have an agreement, i kite for his alt, he'll pl mine. The problem is my alt is not pbaoe, and is a monk. Things could go *much* faster if my monk grouped with your pbaoe dude. He kites, you kill, i stand there and look cool as heck, we both make tons of xp - no charge to you.

This is on blue, and you can msg me on daaz or IZRD. Lookin to do this tonight 6pm est and probably periodically into the future.

Look me up on Klaymen - 36 Wizard that can probably help. I think I could alternate between Thunderclap and Cast Force for ~200/cast. Not sure if wizards get any other PBAoEs before 49 (Supernova)

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

a real jerk posted:

Censored now, but Derubael made $11k from selling items from banned accounts :lol:

The real irony is that the server staff could've publicly done this, fundraised for the server, and everyone would've been alright with it.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

smiling giraffe posted:

Send a tell to Aedrik if you're a new starter on blue, I can give you some starter cash and items.

What level are you now? Thought I'd play the ranger or wizard some more tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Anarch posted:

Lowtax needs an invite on Blue. This is not a drill.

I'm on. Tell him to hit me up on Klaymen if still playing.