Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Unstable evacs are pretty awesome, too. I just lean in and tell them it's a deity compatibility issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

City guards in Oggok and/or Grobb are a laid back way to go 49-54

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Iksar Exiles in Swamp of No Hope near the Trakanon Teeth zone line is another chill camp 29-34

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Currently have a 30 bone knight and 35 monk soloing the following path:

29-34 Swamp of No Hope Iksar Exiles / Warsliks Woods brute caves
34-39 Mines of Nurga exit tunnels (https://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblin_Tunnel)
39-42 ??
42-46 Dreadlands yeti caves

I especially like the Nurga levels because that dungeon was one of my favorites on Live and it's basically never camped by anyone else. The goblins drop Mountain Death salts and give Brood of Di'zok faction, too, so I usually can get to apprehensive or better for those Chardok quests by the time I approach 49/50.

Definitely going to do some Howling Stones in the 50s. Not a fan of Karnor's Castle, so we'll see how it goes when the levels start slowing down. Might just give Lower Guk and Sol B a shot during bonus weekends.

We could potentially duo any of these spots for some respectable exp

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

Okay. Well uh. I guess I should have logged out while I was making lunch, because I came back 20 minutes later and apparently I lost three levels from getting spawn-camped over and over at the Cazic-Feerott zone line (I bound myself right in the corner on the Feerott side) by one of the ogre bouncers right outside the temple. :suicide:

Lesson loving learned. I guess I'll be heading back to Swamp of No Hope for a while!!

Was this on the Blue server? Do those corpses still have a rezz timer?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Gnome Necro. Dump creation points into Dexterity.

Melee caster gets a bunch of cheap dexterity gear, memorizes Vampiric Embrace, and goes to town on everything.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Ruggan can you list your spell set and where/what you're killing? I think you're doing something wrong

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I leveled my ranger off of snow cougars from like 30-39 with panic animal. It's a great camp with tons of mobs

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

My bone knight is now soloing the entrance to Splitpaw at 33. If anyone has an alt in Blue in the 30-37 range they want to duo with,, the exp moves fast.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

You can solo with anything if you're patient and persistent enough. Sqid did a solo rogue to what, 60, awhile back?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Depends on the content, but add druid/wizard/bard to that list if quad/swarm kiting counts.

Shaman/Necro/magician/enc/monk are effective solo classes afaik.

I can solo animals into the mid-50s on ranger using snare and Panic Animal. Play what sounds like fun to you. Anything but erudite paladin is a good time.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Dizz posted:

kinda interested in what a 6 bard party can do.

Everybody gets three buffs on their bar and every bard twisting two songs would fill the rest of the buffbar since they're no longer separating spells from songs. Just a constant 10-12 song chain on everybody would be interesting though.

On second thought, I'd split the bards into 3 squads of 2. Have two players swarm while the other 4 charm and exp somewhere close. Maybe ball up for sing-a-long-time during respawns?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Another downside to paladins are the stretches of 10 levels between spells. You'll be using the same level 19 heal when you're 28, healing outside of an emergency Lay of Hands is more of a downtime while medding thing in my experience.

I was disappointed to discover that Lay of Hands doesnt even complete heal past a couple thousand hit points. Apparently it has a hard cap as an ability?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

First things you'll want to get are some backpacks and probably banded armor for both you and the Shadow knight. It's cheap and easy to craft, about 50 platinum (the game currency) would be a good target for spell money as you need it.

At level 8, go back to the cleric guild and train the meditate skill with one of the skill points you earn each level. It will help with your mana regeneration while sitting

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

If you're a mage on Blue or need stalking probes (5 charge eye of Zomm), I can craft them on my cleric for anyone in need.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Currently have a 35 monk and 35 Necro in Mines of Nurga (Blue server) that are slowly soloing to 40.

If anyone has an alt in the 24-39 range, I'm down to duo. The zone has a Raiders of the Lost Ark feel to it, except instead of snakes it's full of goblins.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Meatgrinder posted:

Oh my necro is nearly 28 and the brutes are really safe xp but that sounds a nice place to graduate to, can't think of the last time I've been down the mines

I did the same thing until 34/35. Brutes are a great camp.

Here's a guide to the camp Im currently at. https://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblin_Tunnel

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Meatgrinder posted:

Oh that looks good once I get 34 for pet / root / new spells, sounds like a bit of a challenge.

I've just been face tanking everything while my pet assists. Haven't needed to fear kite anything yet, the goblins don't have a ton of hps.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Pretty much yeah. With the exception of blightcallers (shaman) and rockchanters (cleric), they all go down pretty quickly

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I can make you a bag full of stalking probes if you want.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

You guys should group together.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Double faction and drops, too.

Gonna be spending some evenings in Lower Guk and Howling Stones while my Necro levels to 50. Should be fun!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I like that they're opening Veksar with the classic content. Ambivalent on the pvp but might check it out.

What does "levels locked" for 4 days mean?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

That Minstrel's server that was mentioned upthread - is that gonna appear on the EQEmu list or is there a website to find out how to join? Supposed to start tomorrow

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

By good weapons, we're talking about a Staff of Writhing from the kobold noble and some cheap dagger off Crookstinger.

Classic bone knight can also wear golden Efreeti armor from the planes. I'll probably make one on the server and copy my build over.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

50% exp and faction bonus through Monday

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Yeah I did that too on my Iksar Necro and had the skullcaps done by the mid-20s. It was a fun challenge.

Another one I'd recommend is trying to finish the SoulFire quest under 30. Running invis through Mistmoore Castle and Splitpaw felt like a stealth mission.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

There are a couple of Chardok 2.0 weapons you might want to consider. Di'zok scepter of authority maybe?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'd save as much plat as you can while leveling.

What about a Paw of Opolla? I remember questing that thing for my cleric and got some good use out of it.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'm hearing some hype about it, but my guess it most people are waiting on more details about the server.

I might make one or two characters if there's a drive to try the server. Right now a couple of us are playing new gnome mage alts on Blue, about levels 7-9 in Warrens if anyone wants to join a semi-regular exp group. Exp has been flying.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Iksar exiles in Swamp of No Hope near Trakanon's Teeth have 9-10 dark blues at that level. Can probably take them to 32 on a 6:40 respawn

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Classic rangers don't get SoW until level 39. You've been warned.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

cmdrk posted:

last I checked, I think some of the spell shuffling QOL from Velious(?) will be available at launch.

for my side, I'm trying to set up a static 4 man leveling group with some friends with no melees since they're gonna be so awful. haven't quite figured out what yet, maybe SHM/NEC/MAG/WIZ ? dunno

2 magicians, a wizard and an enchanter.

Currently playing in a mage static group on Blue (with one Necro) and it absolutely dogpiles on a bunch of early content.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Who is gonna be a bad enough dude to camp Kerra Isle

Did this recently with a magician trio on p99. It was fast exp from like 8-15

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Gnome Necro. Creation points: 25 Dex/5 int or strength. Melee everything with a pet and Vampiric Embrace. It's a good time and more engaging than fear kiting

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I've personally used all of those excuses in the past. I feel seen

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

You won't be using Emissary of Thule until level 59, I'd consider that 20k part of the leveling process and not trade for that spell up front.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Fun blast from the past today

I can look back on this kind of stuff fondly now, but man oh man I do not miss it.

In the years you've been gone, I've managed to raise my gnome tinkering from 50 to 160. lol

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Dude if you resurrected Swashy, I'd pull my Iksar warrior out of retirement.

You're not wrong though. Like 80% of this game is unplayable with a job and kids, but I still enjoy the parts of the nostalgia trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Dizz are you on the green or blue server?

I leveled my warrior from 29-32 in Dalnir. The group had a bard and two enchanters, which is probably the necessary crowd control for that dungeon. Exp flew though.