Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
Banning Big Gulps was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I think raising taxes on the rich might not be a bad idea in the current economic environment.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
We'd have been better off under the British crown.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I really don't see why you can't eat pizza with a knife and fork. It's just so darn messy.

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

I'm a commie and I love it

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Robespierre and Stalin are the only people in history who knew how to properly deal with reactionaries.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm glad Ronald Reagan is dead and burning in hell and my greatest regret is that he died of Alzheimer's as an incoherent idiot instead of cognizant of my own two hands slowly choking the life out of him.

Hail Satan.

What a coincidence. I get on my knees next to my bed and say this same little prayer to satan every night.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Gimme some swiss cheese in my philly cheese steak and dijon mustard on my hot dog.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
Baby Boomers are the worst, most selfish, and most staggeringly myopic generation of Americans to ever exist.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I will bomb iowa and new hampshire if elected presdent

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Lets convert to Islam!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Latin America must give up its extreme religiosity if it is to survive the 21st century economy.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why not just reopen ellis island?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I do not believe in God or any other higher power.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Actually, we shouldn't gently caress the poor.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I believe that we should try to either radically reform capitalism or somehow usurp its role as the dominant economic system.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
... the Aristocrats!

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I won't accept donations from corporations

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think America should in the future, aim for more attainable goals like maybe being #3 or #4. USA #1 is just untenable, and frankly, a lot more work than I'd put in if elected

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Barudak posted:

I think America should in the future, aim for more attainable goals like maybe being #3 or #4. USA #1 is just untenable, and frankly, a lot more work than I'd put in if elected

Second mouse gets the cheese.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Building stadiums for American football teams isn't worth the money.

I say American football, because football is the proper term for soccer.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

VendaGoat posted:

Second mouse gets the cheese.

Seriously - look at Belgium, or Switzerland. Those loser countries are doing just great because instead of wanting to be #1 military superpower they just want to be #1 at, like, chocolate and hoarding art and gold stolen by Nazis.

Prosperity Through Mediocrity!

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
#blacklivesmatter

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

We are no longer the United States of America. Politics has divided us past the point of redemption. This is why my first act as president will be to sell all Democrat run states to Canada.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
We need to quit loving over Native Americans.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Cosbyness is next to godliness.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The white race is an abomination. It is a disgrace. It is a tainted shame that courses through our great land. But it is not, nor need it be, the downfall of our way of life. My fellow Americans, we must mandate miscegenation and the abortion of any pure white children that are conceived from this moment forward. Only by breeding out the white race can we secure the existence of our people and a future for American children.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
black lives matter

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The 50,000 Americans who gave their life in the revolution matter more than the 2000 people who died on september 11th.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It's long past time that we offered Mexico a more just compensation for the taking of their land in the Mexican-American War. We're giving Arizona back.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Whiskey Sours posted:

Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, both Carolinas AND both Virginias are garbage states filled with garbage people. Oh I forgot Arizona.

What the gently caress did normal Virginia do to you? Don't lump VA in with the rest of them!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Feral_Shofixti posted:

What the gently caress did normal Virginia do to you? Don't lump VA in with the rest of them!

Look just pretend when people say Maryland they are also including Northern Virginia, and excluding it when they say Virginia.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Nothern Virginia isn't the real Virginia.

Neither is southern Virginia.

The only real Virginia is West Virginia, everyone else is a DCer, Marylander, or Carolinian in disguise.

Don't believe their lies.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
And West Virginia was legally the only Virginia for 1861-1865.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Feral_Shofixti posted:

I guess Maryland and Delaware can get added to the list of garbage states. I can't believe I forgot Missouri.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Slavery in a Delaware was legacy of Dutch colonialism and had been a contentious issue throughout the 18th century with anti-slavery laws appearing and disappearing from the books. By the 19th century, it was a declining and unpopular institution propped up by a few powerful individuals and its status as a slave state was maintained in part because politicians at the federal level had insisted on parity between slave and free states.

By the outbreak of the civil war, 91% of black people in Delaware were free and there were only about 1700 slaves left in the whole state. their legislature voted to gradually abolish slavery in 1862, but were beaten to the punch by the federal government.

Maryland is a little different because parts of it had an extensive plantation economy and other parts didn't which left the state starkly divided on slavery. It had a sizable slave population, but it was also one of the centers of the underground railroad. Its black population (40%) was mostly slave, but many of them were tradesmen rather than plantation workers and Baltimore had one of the largest free black populations in the country. They voted to abolish slavery in 1864 when the war was practically over, but actually beat the federal government to granting black people voting rights by three years.

I don't know enough about the situation in Missouri to comment except that it was basically split in half during the war

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Whiskey Sours posted:

I can't believe I forgot Missouri.

Don't feel too bad, the rest of the country has. Even Minnesota

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I swear to you, my fellow Americans, that if elected I will immediately imprison every current or former member of the armed forces and sell our entire nuclear arsenal at public auction so as to show the world our new and everlasting commitment to absolute pacifism and non-intervention.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Eliminate tax exemptions for religious organizations!

Barudak posted:

The white race is an abomination. It is a disgrace. It is a tainted shame that courses through our great land. But it is not, nor need it be, the downfall of our way of life. My fellow Americans, we must mandate miscegenation and the abortion of any pure white children that are conceived from this moment forward. Only by breeding out the white race can we secure the existence of our people and a future for American children.

Seconded, but mostly because non-white women are more attractive generally. I find the idea of someone who would constantly be reminding me to check my privilege very attractive.

also, the Bible is a lovely book, and I don't feel the presence of any kind of god. I'm not even sure Jesus existed.

• Locked thread