Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I wasn't aware this thread is actually tumblr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

kazil posted:

What a unique perspective that you have Drythe. This is definitely something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread 100 times already!

Thank you for your input, but I don't see why you feel the need to tell me what hasn't been mentioned? That list could get kinda long

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Losers do mine for internet points before actually going through with something in their real lives that actually matters, yes you are correct.

Plus there's the whole "she is her father's property so I have to ask for his permission before even thinking of asking her" BS traditionalist garbage but that's beyond this thread mockery.

lmao

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This thread is the best honey pot

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

"No, everything comes back to how it's sexist and unacceptable in todays world"

Drythe posted:

I wasn't aware this thread is actually tumblr

kazil posted:

What a unique perspective that you have Drythe. This is definitely something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread 100 times already!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

goose fleet posted:

Be the change you want to see in this world

Give your dad away at the wedding

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh wait, it's wrong to say he is your property. gently caress, gotta make a new plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

MGTen posted:

I get the joke. It just isn't funny because it makes no sense for someone to speak like that.

"Could I get some beef, Paul?"

"NO BLACK BETTY HAM OR LAMB"

I mean, best case scenario, the butcher is weirdly curt and pushy with his customers:

"No [beef], black Betty. Ham or lamb?"

But it really should be "No beef today, black Betty. Want some ham or lamb?"

But that doesn't match up with the song at all. Plus, Betty is wondering why she's going to a racist butcher that runs his store so poorly that he runs out of beef.

It's a complete failure of a joke.
:goonsay:

lmao

• Locked thread