Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Serperoth posted:

I'm Matt Berninger and I'm afraid of everyone.

Marry me?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Black Betty is a pretty great song though.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

There's a sense of smugness about listening to older stuff as well, because as we all know, all modern music is terrible. I mean, The National have recorded songs for Portal, Game of Thrones, and Bob's Burgers, which should mean their shows are full of these kinds of idiots, but their fans seem mostly normal and don't shout out requests for The Rains of Castamere between songs or anything. Probably because going to see one of their shows would mean going out and possibly interacting with others, instead of staying home listening to Bohemian Rhapsody on repeat and complaining to the internet about how hard it is to make friends when your taste is so much better than everyone else's.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

RatHat posted:

Why specifically Sandy Hook? Because it was so bad?

A common theme I've seen with these types is that they can't accept that terrible things sometimes happen at random. It's easier for them to believe in elaborate shadowy plots than to believe the fact that life can be really scary and unfair sometimes.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Decrepus posted:

Obama is trying to take are guns and mass shootings are orchestrated to gain popular support for gun control.

See, I've heard that mass shootings are orchestrated by the NRA to scare people into buying guns before Obama takes them away :v:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

And Sandy Hook Truthers are a particularly bad breed. They are known to directly confront the parents of slain children and demand them to admit it was all a hoax and how their kids never existed. They also like the vandalize memorials and one genius stole a memorial plaque.

I remember reading that a bunch of them were harassing the sweet old man that lived by the school and took in a group of terrified children who were running away from the gunfire. Like, serious stalker poo poo. From what I know, they're still doing it today. It's loving disgusting.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Countdown to poptart fairy materializing like a cloud of farts...

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I know every single one of these is made up for some reason or another, but how would you even get the idea someone was buying flowers for herself? Was she writing out a note on them that said "For Me"?

Is buying flowers for yourself even that weird? I buy a few from the farmer's market or wherever from time to time, especially if I'm having friends over or something. Have I been sending out desperation vibes all this time :ohdear:?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Red wine always makes me throw up. I can have maybe one small glass, but anymore than that and I'm puking in the bathroom within minutes. White wine and all other liquor I'm fine with though. It's really weird.

It's probably the tannins, some people are really sensitive to them. My boyfriend gets nauseous and headachy if he drinks black tea that's steeped for too long, for the same reason. I'm generally okay with red wine (provided I don't overdo it), but anything sugary, like white wine, mixed drinks, etc, has me feeling like rear end the next day. It's extra annoying in the summer, when a super cold glass of white wine or a gin and tonic seems like the most refreshing thing in the world. I can't even drink a soda at the movies without getting serious rotgut. It's honestly probably for the best, but still, annoying.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, I like it a lot, and seeing the process was cool.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Were/are Nickelback influential :ohdear:?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

cash crab posted:

Also, LOL at all the people who are suggesting that she is actually fat. Like, you're mad because she called the guy fat, so you call her fat...?

Calling a woman fat and/or ugly (with or without evidence to back it up) is the go-to insult for certain internet dudes if they don't like what that woman is saying or doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

eeh, so is a sterotypical 'feminist', it still includes appearance. plus, it's not like anyone would avoid calling someone a neckbeard if they looked the part but didn't act like one.

While I agree with you to a certain degree, there's just not the same air of "I wouldn't put my dick in you, therefore your argument is invalid" as there is if the offender is a woman.

• Locked thread