Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

Dubious, when is good for you?

I go after the right tight ends, at least for the Michigan playbook specifically.

He's averaging 17 yards per reception. He da best.

gently caress if i know when i havet had power for over a day with no eta on restoration.

The sim has probably loosend my chokehold on the top 5 total tacklers and being on top of passing yards :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

gently caress if i know when i havet had power for over a day with no eta on restoration.

The sim has probably loosend my chokehold on the top 5 total tacklers and being on top of passing yards :mad:

Your team's roster improvement has been top of mind lately. I've been considering ending this league and starting a Big XII, but only if you stick it out until the end. I'd hate to reset for one player and then Madden steals you away. Also, I want to see if I can truly change your ratings at any point.

We'll address this in the upcoming offseason. For now, you're going on AP. Dio and Sly, since we advanced Saturday morning I'm going to give you until Thursday morning.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Just want to give everyone the heads-up that I'll be out of town Sun-Tues.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Your team's roster improvement has been top of mind lately. I've been considering ending this league and starting a Big XII, but only if you stick it out until the end. I'd hate to reset for one player and then Madden steals you away. Also, I want to see if I can truly change your ratings at any point.

We'll address this in the upcoming offseason. For now, you're going on AP. Dio and Sly, since we advanced Saturday morning I'm going to give you until Thursday morning.

im happy with my team i just enjoyed the brief stay of my linebackers having a poo poo ton of tackles from usering them on the CPU instead of simming and stuffing all the runs :getin:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Dubious posted:

im happy with my team i just enjoyed the brief stay of my linebackers having a poo poo ton of tackles from usering them on the CPU instead of simming and stuffing all the runs :getin:
Sorry that we couldn't play for yet another season here, I know it would have been a good one. Unfortunately your CPU threw a really bad pick and was mostly held to field goals, but there were some strong plays and I know your defense would have done better in your control.

Michigan over UCLA, 38-13.

After UCLA's opening drive resulted in a punt, Michigan's very first play was a 63 yard passing TD to JB's favorite, Mackey, which broke the single-season receiving record. No funny business on it, just a wide open target and he broke one tackle to go all the way down the field. Mackey is Dick Butt on steroids.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Mackey ain't poo poo and I will prove it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 6!

MSU beat Miami in the sim.

CPU games:
USC
Penn St
OSU
UCLA

Byes:
Nebraska
Michigan
MSU

Seeing as it's a holiday weekend, we won't advance again until next Thursday or Friday.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
loving :laffo: at UL Monroe. I usered D the whole game and picked off their QB 10 times, 3 for scores. I dropped 4 more, which led to 3 punts. Is that maybe a record? I hope so.

The first half I spent with my QB Robinson on the ground and injured because my pass blocking is poo poo, until I remembered my scheme and then went ham. Too much Madden 16 I guess.

UCLA R2A, 84-7.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
10 would be a record for me, that's absurd.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

^E: How's your recovery coming along?

I've gotten 10 before against ND.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Vision is blurry and I'm photophobic a bit but at least the pain is gone. It's to the point I can now log on and recruit. Not sure how my vision will affect my competitiveness in games but if I have a down season in both leagues because of it so be it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ugh that blows. Well I think we're matched up next week. If you're expecting major improvement within the next week or so then I'd really consider holding off playing the game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Playing my game tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 7!

User Matchup:
#3 Nebraska @ #8 USC (Sly)

CPU Games:
Penn St.
MSU
Michigan

Byes:
OSU
UCLA

Sly, as I mentioned a few posts ago let me know what you'd like to do. I'm willing to wait it out a bit.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
My vision is good enough I'll just stand in front of the TV like a toddler. How's Saturday morning to midday sound?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

My vision is good enough I'll just stand in front of the TV like a toddler. How's Saturday morning to midday sound?

Saturday I could probably do 9:15/9:30am CT. Sunday morning is slightly more flexible with 9-11am CT being open. Either way we'd need to move quickly.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Sunday I leave town for a week so let's try for Saturday at 915 central. If you can do earlier I'm good as early as 7 central.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

Sunday I leave town for a week so let's try for Saturday at 915 central. If you can do earlier I'm good as early as 7 central.

See you around that time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, we'll be advancing Tuesday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We've advanced to Week 8

MSU won their sim against Iowa decisively.

User Matchups:
#7 MSU (Dio) vs # 8 UCLA (Dubious)
#1 OSU (ZSB) @ #5 Penn St (Wreckus)

CPU Games:
Michigan
Nebraska

Byes:
USC

Wreckus, if you play ZSB like you did against me for 4 quarters you'll win. That first half was arguably your best half ever.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It's gonna have to wait until at least Saturday. I have no time during the week to play at the moment. That good Wreckus?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Dio when do you wanna tussle?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can play this weekend if you're up for it. Saturday I'm free after 10am cst until the evening. Sunday might be more difficult. Monday through Thursday I'm good any time after 5pm cst until 9 or so.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lets go Saturday morning. I dont wanna hold us into next week. 1030cst?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should work. I'll let you know if circumstances change at all

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

It's gonna have to wait until at least Saturday. I have no time during the week to play at the moment. That good Wreckus?

If Wreckus doesn't respond by Saturday morning I'll put him on AP. so you can play the game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

E: Double post

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I sure hope he posts because I'd really like to play his PSU team with him at the helm. I'll be free all weekend since my fiance is out of town till Tuesday, so I can make time whenever Wreckus.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

At this rate it looks like we'll be advancing Sunday morning. ZSB, you're probably better off with logging on and trying to catch him.

Cletus, I'm not 100% sure but I think we're up next. Could you play Sunday around 10:30am CT, or in between the late games and SNF?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious, I'll be on at 10:30. My internet can be sketchy sometimes so if we end up with lag I'll throw myself on AP and let you finish it out. Cletus and I played a few weeks ago with no issues around the same time of day so I think we will be ok

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Cletus, I'm not 100% sure but I think we're up next. Could you play Sunday around 10:30am CT, or in between the late games and SNF?
Yep, my wife is out of town until Sunday night, and Sunday morning I ain't got no poo poo to do. And LSU/Auburn is a day game (boooo, they should have to play us at night in Death Valley motherfuckers) so I should be awake before then for sure.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna grab breakfast and hop on, might be 5ish mins late

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm very slowly downloading updates so hopefully I won't be too much longer

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, Wreckus is on AP.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
UCLA over MSU 27-14. UCLA has a huge defensive day and shut down the MSU air game with a strong performance, and rode Senior HB Poole to a 5.1 ypc effort for the win.

GG Dio.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus, I'm heading home to advance us now. See you in about 20mins

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Double post:

We're at Week 9!

User Matchups:
#12 USC @ #9 Penn St
#2 Nebraska @ #3 Michigan

CPU Games:
UCLA
MSU
OSU

No byes.

Looks like a busy week so we won't advance before Thursday night for sure. Wreckus, if we don't hear from you by Wed night you're going on AP again :ohdear:

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Wreckus I'm good noon-4pm eastern most days and most all of this weekend but prefer earlier game times cause, you know, italy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wteckus, you're now on AP again. You have until Thursday night to respond or Sly has my permission to play the game.

Dio and Dubious, we'll advance Saturday around noon.

• Locked thread