Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 14

MSU and OSU both won their CPU games with no injuries.

User Matchups:
#5 Michigan @ #2 OSU
#7 USC @ #8 UCLA

Everyone else has a CPU game. It seems like ZSB has quite of few games to play so let's see about a next Wednesday advance at the earliest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
When's good for you Dub? I'm good most of the weekend Italy time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Cletus, I think Sunday sometime we can get this game in I hope. Otherwise maybe Tuesday morning?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Cletus, I think Sunday sometime we can get this game in I hope. Otherwise maybe Tuesday morning?
I'll be around most of the day but I think my wife will want to go out at some point. Don't know when that will be, I just told her I wanted to watch the Saints game. But I can watch that while playing. I use the Xbox app on Windows 10 so even if I'm not in Madden 16 I'll keep it open to see if I see you jump online.

Tuesday morning would most likely work too.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm online now and it would be a perfect time for me. I tried messaging you earlier when I saw you on but didn't realize I had my online status set to hidden so I dunno if you thought I wasn't there or were just realllly into that new Halo game. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I'll be around most of the day but I think my wife will want to go out at some point. Don't know when that will be, I just told her I wanted to watch the Saints game. But I can watch that while playing. I use the Xbox app on Windows 10 so even if I'm not in Madden 16 I'll keep it open to see if I see you jump online.

Tuesday morning would most likely work too.

Honestly if you can swing Tuesday morning that might be best. Like 8 or 9 am CT?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Sly,

sorry, this was my birthday weekend and i enjoyed it.

When can we match up? I'm willing to play on your hours to get this done asap.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Dubious posted:

Sly,

sorry, this was my birthday weekend and i enjoyed it.

When can we match up? I'm willing to play on your hours to get this done asap.

Hope it was epic. My hours are basically noon-3pm eastern start time (y'all are off daylight savings now right?) unless you work from home that's a tough sell. I could probably wake up early on Wednesday (Tuesday night) and play then but my concern is my Xbox is coughing and sputtering across the finish line and if it freezes midgame we won't have time for a restart as I have work. Thoughts?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

Hope it was epic. My hours are basically noon-3pm eastern start time (y'all are off daylight savings now right?) unless you work from home that's a tough sell. I could probably wake up early on Wednesday (Tuesday night) and play then but my concern is my Xbox is coughing and sputtering across the finish line and if it freezes midgame we won't have time for a restart as I have work. Thoughts?

let me look at my work calendar once i get into the office and i'll find a day i can play in the morning this week.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Honestly if you can swing Tuesday morning that might be best. Like 8 or 9 am CT?
Yeah we can plan on that. If I see you online tonight I'll message you just to check but I'll definitely be around tomorrow morning.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, my sleeping patterns have been wild since moving and with crazy work projects that keep seeming to be finished (so I feel like I'm great for a day or two, little do I know - though one of my latest iPhone/Android apps for a client just went live! But.. the data they entered that the app comes pre-loaded with to speed up your first run, they put some bad data in and now are scrambling because they have some launch party.. LOL - they wanted to QA/change data up to the LAST DAY - I could vent about work poo poo forever right now).

blah blah. Anyway, I'm awake and online now, and will still be at 8-9am, just letting you know in case you have a chance to get online any earlier.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I see things are crazy and no one other than myself has played. We'll advance Friday night before I pick up my gf from the airport, because at that point I'll likely be away from home until Monday.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

ZSB, my sleeping patterns have been wild since moving and with crazy work projects that keep seeming to be finished (so I feel like I'm great for a day or two, little do I know - though one of my latest iPhone/Android apps for a client just went live! But.. the data they entered that the app comes pre-loaded with to speed up your first run, they put some bad data in and now are scrambling because they have some launch party.. LOL - they wanted to QA/change data up to the LAST DAY - I could vent about work poo poo forever right now).

blah blah. Anyway, I'm awake and online now, and will still be at 8-9am, just letting you know in case you have a chance to get online any earlier.

Well I'm online now so hopefully you're still on and we can play!

e: Although you may have given up and gone to sleep. I'll be available to play until prb 1030 am ct.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 3, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Well I'm online now so hopefully you're still on and we can play!

e: Although you may have given up and gone to sleep. I'll be available to play until prb 1030 am ct.
Yeah, poo poo, I totally blanked on this since I got up so early. Should have set an alarm or something. (edit - I didn't fall asleep, I just totally forgot with all that time between waking up and when we were supposed to play - which is worse lol) Sorry about that. :(

You around tonight? Or anytime really before the advance since I work from home - I'll make sure to set an alarm.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 3, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

i'm booked pretty solid all week at work and don't think i can make those hours work before JB advances on Friday. Let's just let the EA Gods decide our fates. Or I can go on AP and you can play me, i'm not too concerned.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I (think) I'm bowl eligible so let's let fate decide.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Yeah, poo poo, I totally blanked on this since I got up so early. Should have set an alarm or something. (edit - I didn't fall asleep, I just totally forgot with all that time between waking up and when we were supposed to play - which is worse lol) Sorry about that. :(

You around tonight? Or anytime really before the advance since I work from home - I'll make sure to set an alarm.

I'll prb be around one of these next 2 nights to play at like 1030-11 CT.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

I (think) I'm bowl eligible so let's let fate decide.

same. Good luck to us going up against EA's pantheon.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'll prb be around one of these next 2 nights to play at like 1030-11 CT.
Okay. Considering the time I woke up today, I'm not sure I'll make it tonight, but I usually get a second wind later in the day. And I kinda am hoping I can take a nap.

Worst case, tomorrow night at that time will work.

Don't forget you can always ping me on GroupMe and my phone will show it - so you can always try that if you don't see me online.

edit - Should be online in like 45 minutes or so. I'm logged on my 360 but watching a show in the other room.

edit edit - I'm online now if you're around. Not sure how long I'll stick around before I go to bed but I'll wait around for a bit in case you can get on.

edit edit edit - Going to sleep now. We can try for tomorrow.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 4, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Think tonight will work for you? Sorry, I know this is my fault since you were definitely online yesterday morning and I can't believe I forgot.

Tomorrow would work for me too. And I'm generally going to be available any time during the day in case you want to try a morning again (and I'll set a reminder this time!). Afternoons are mostly clear too, outside of some scheduled work calls.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Think tonight will work for you? Sorry, I know this is my fault since you were definitely online yesterday morning and I can't believe I forgot.

Tomorrow would work for me too. And I'm generally going to be available any time during the day in case you want to try a morning again (and I'll set a reminder this time!). Afternoons are mostly clear too, outside of some scheduled work calls.

I should be home at a decent hour from work today, 430 or 5 CT I should be home. I'll hop on right when I get back, will that work?

e: I also just read your title's text and drat how did I go so long missing a Ghostbusters reference. "Okay, so that's bad, good safety tip Egon"

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll be advancing this after ZSB and Cletus finish their game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sorry I'm running late dude, on now see you soon!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I should be home at a decent hour from work today, 430 or 5 CT I should be home. I'll hop on right when I get back, will that work?

e: I also just read your title's text and drat how did I go so long missing a Ghostbusters reference. "Okay, so that's bad, good safety tip Egon"
Just saw this, booting up now to see if I catch you. I see you!

I'm fuzzy on this whole good/bad thing.. what do you mean, bad?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well we had an epic THE GAME. Second play from scrimmage for OSU, pick 6. First quarter ended tied 7-7 after I tied it up following the pick 6. Michigan basically controlled the entire 2nd quarter scoring 17 more points to take a 24-7 lead into the half. I threw an INT in the red zone, and had to punt before the half ended allowing a last second FG. Following half time though the OSU defense turned it on and picked off the Michigan QB 3 times, twice in the 3rd quarter and once in the fourth to seal the game. OSU forced a punt and 2 turnovers from Michigan in the 3rd quarter and cut the lead to 24-21, but Michigan opened the 4th with a TD drive to go up 10, 31-21. OSU put up another TD to make it 31-28 with around 4 minutes to play but we traded punts leaving Michigan 2 time outs and 1 first down away from the victory. OSU got the stop on 3rd down, but Michigan ran the clock down to ~1 minute. OSU hit 2 big passes on the ensuing drive and my QB capped it off with an 11 yard TD run breaking at least 3 tackles to go up 35-31 with ~25 seconds left. Michigan got to about mid field before throwing a pick and then I could kneel out the last 10 seconds. Amazing game, no lie I'm proud I pulled that off, because there was quite a hole. I suspect home field also played a role in some of that.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah that was a crazy game for sure. I couldn't believe I had that much of a lead to start the 2nd half, and receiving the kick-off to boot. Those 2 picks I threw in the early part of the 2nd half were so heartbreaking - I didn't want to let up for sure so I wasn't going to stop passing, but then when it got back to the 31-21 lead, it felt like the time to start eating the clock up. One of those picks, I had audibled into a play I didn't mean to, and I just totally botched the pass. I think I was expecting a blitz so I was trying to get rid of the ball too quickly to make a good call there. I forget the other one exactly but I think you just made the right call on defense for that one.

Those last 2 TDs of yours were so unexpected - that QB run was crazy, I don't know how I didn't get a stop on him. (you would have likely still gotten a TD on that drive, but the extra time needed for you to get it could have made the difference) Wasn't your last TD the screen pass TD? I might be flip-flopping them. Whichever one came first, I was definitely expecting it to take you longer to get. Either way, they were both around 10 yard TD plays - and the last one I definitely was expecting something more conservative from you to at least know you could send it to OT with a FG. I didn't let off the gas offensively ever, but I didn't have my defense prepared for those final drives - especially that last one.

And man, that last pick. If I had just put a little more air under it or waited at least until Mackey wasn't directly in the middle of the field, I think he had a pretty wide open lane in front of him. But at that point it was either going to be a huge run by Mackey off that medium pass to win it (and I mean, he is a beast, I think if he had gotten the ball, there was a decent chance), or I'd have ended up having to go for a really big play and hope for the best after getting a little further down field and calling my last TO.

Amazing comeback and great game! I'm gonna miss Mackey, and even though I wouldn't normally play big with a graduating senior in a bowl game, I'm gonna play the hell outta him one last time!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, when you want to have this showdown? I'll be available Saturday around 12-5 and Sunday morning before the games.

Also, Cletus, how did you get so many points from a bye week visit? That's fraud.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I got everything I needed from my recruiting pool except a guard and a kicker. I had one all lined up and then some poo poo tier school had a visit that made him instacommit when i had an 1100 point lead.

I got 3 absolute stud cornerbacks to replace my graduating trio of corners. Shouldn't have much of a drop off.

I'm on track to land a 63 KPW kicker :v:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

I got everything I needed from my recruiting pool except a guard and a kicker. I had one all lined up and then some poo poo tier school had a visit that made him instacommit when i had an 1100 point lead.

I got 3 absolute stud cornerbacks to replace my graduating trio of corners. Shouldn't have much of a drop off.

I'm on track to land a 63 KPW kicker :v:

I selfishly landed like 2 punters and a kicker since I had room on my board. I'll be cutting most of them :smug:

JB - We can probably aim to squeeze it in Saturday afternoon, most of the good games aren't until 2:30 and most are at 7+

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Also, Cletus, how did you get so many points from a bye week visit? That's fraud.
Not sure? Maybe it was the 5th visit and I had complimentary visits? I didn't even notice. I'll have to look and see.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

OSU downs Nebraska, 31-24. Really had no answer for Bowers as no one in my defense could bring him down many times. Once OSU got the lead I figured I'd never get it back. Congrats to ZSB!

We're at Bowl Week!

Everyone has a CPU game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm going to advance us on Saturday morning.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Season 7 Recap

Final Rankings
#1 OSU
#3 USC
#4 Nebraska
#6 Michigan
#13 UCLA
#15 Penn St.
#24 MSU

Bowl Winners
OSU - BCSCG, 59-28
Nebraska - Rose Bowl, 63-0
USC - Outback Bowl, 55-28
Michigan - Capital One Bowl, 59-14
UCLA - Gator Bowl, 38-10
Penn St - Buffalo Wild Wings, 37-24
MSU - Meineke Car Care Bowl, 49-7

Award Winners
:siren: A. Rucker HB Nebraska - Heisman, Walker, Walter Camp :siren: - I think this is my first Heisman ever.
J. Mackey TE Michigan - Maxwell, Mackey
I. Outlaw ROLB Nebraska - Best LB, Bednarik
B. Slaughter RE OSU - Nagurski, Lombardi
A. Howell QB Nebraska - O'Brien
J. Myers WR USC - Biletnikoff
C. Ferwerda RG OSU - Outland
T. Newby C Nebraska - Rimington
W. Curry CB Nebraska - Thorpe
T. Adkins P USC - Guy
J. Mack HB Nebraska - Best Returner

All Americans

First Team All Americans
QB - A. Howell Nebraska
HB - A. Rucker Nebraska
HB - A. Bowers OSU
WR - J. Myers USC
TE - J. Mackey Michigan
LG - E. White OSU
C - T. Newby Nerbaska
RG - C. Ferwerda OSU
RE - B. Slaughter OSU
RE - D. Bryant Nebraska
DT - M. Evans Nebraska
DT - R. McCoy Nebraska
LOLB - J. Mirvil Nebraska
MLB - T. Schroeder Nebraska
ROLB - I. Outlaw Nebraska
CB - M. Burton Nebraska
CB - W. Curry Nebraska
FS - J. Rogers OSU
SS - J. Powell Nebraska
P - T. Adkins USC
KR - J. Mack Nebraska

Second Team All Americans
HB - J. Woods MSU
WR - B. Fleming Nebraska
TE - B. Harley Nebraska
LT - C. Wynn Nebraska
LG - E. Jenkins Nebraska
C - M. Kendrick USC
RG - B. Jones Nebraska
RE - B. George Michigan
LOLB - M. Robers OSU
MLB - W. Fulton Michigan
ROLB - M. Taylor OSU
CB - M. Doty Nebraska
FS - M. Coleman Nebraska
SS - K. Young OSU
KR - C. Brown OSU

Freshman All Americans
WR - K. Hayes UCLA
LT - S. Harris OSU
LG - R. Barnes OSU
LG - J. Sanders USC
RT - D. Johnson OSU
CB - B. Scott Michigan
CB - B. Fenner Michigan
KR - R. Stevens Penn St.

Total All-Americans
Nebraska- 20
OSU - 12
Michigan - 5
USC - 4
UCLA - 1
MSU - 1
Penn St - 1

Stats Break Down

Best Offense - Nebraska 10,007 yds
Best Passing O - Nebraska 6,553 yds
Best Rushing O - Nebraska 3,454 (SMU??? 3567 yds)
Most PPG - Nebraska @ 73.2
Fewest Sacks Allowed - Michigan/Nebraska 18 (San Jose State 12)
Most 1st Downs - Nebraska 332
Best Defense - Nebraska 2,998 yds allowed
Best Passing D - UCLA 2,670 yds allowed (OU 1,814)
Best Rushing D - Nebraska 44 yds allowed
Fewest Pts Allowed - Nebraska @ 178
Most Sacks - Nebraska 125
Most Interceptions - Nebraska 32

Of the Year Awards
Coach of the Year - ZSB
OPOTY - A Rucker HB Nebraska
DPOTY - B. Slaughter DE OSU; Could've went with the homer pick of ROLB I. Outlaw but Slaughter showed up slightly more in the B1GCG.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Players Leaving

I'd like to start doing 24-hr advances. Will anyone not be able to do this by noon CT on Sunday?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Mich r2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
r2a, 5 first round draft picks and my 99 OVR QB that went #2 or 3 in the nation in passing through mostly sim'd games...doesn't enter the draft. Must really want that masters in healthcare business.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

For the first time ever, my back up LB who's a redshirted sophomore and saw late action in a few games, decided to enter the draft as a 7th round projection.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

For the first time ever, my back up LB who's a redshirted sophomore and saw late action in a few games, decided to enter the draft as a 7th round projection.

Bizzaro but it's happened to us all.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at End of Season Recruiting

We'll advance again on Monday around 5pm CT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Mich r2a

• Locked thread