Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Step off these dudes please k thanks

MLB Raymond Richard
CB Jason Allen
T Jason Brooks
G Damien Townsend
ATH Andrew DeAngelis
HB Javon Campbell
T Joe Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
UCLA R2A.

Offense clicked much more this week, but still struggling to set the run game. Better than last week though, and i gave some play time to my freshman RB.

At least I wasnt in danger of a sack within half a second of the snap.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, Dio, and Sly, it's been nearly a week for a CPU game. I'm advancing us tonight.

E: Actually, I'll give you until Saturday morning.

i've been playing a bunch of madden. ill play it tonight, sorry.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

Dubious, when is good for you?

I go after the right tight ends, at least for the Michigan playbook specifically.

He's averaging 17 yards per reception. He da best.

gently caress if i know when i havet had power for over a day with no eta on restoration.

The sim has probably loosend my chokehold on the top 5 total tacklers and being on top of passing yards :mad:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Your team's roster improvement has been top of mind lately. I've been considering ending this league and starting a Big XII, but only if you stick it out until the end. I'd hate to reset for one player and then Madden steals you away. Also, I want to see if I can truly change your ratings at any point.

We'll address this in the upcoming offseason. For now, you're going on AP. Dio and Sly, since we advanced Saturday morning I'm going to give you until Thursday morning.

im happy with my team i just enjoyed the brief stay of my linebackers having a poo poo ton of tackles from usering them on the CPU instead of simming and stuffing all the runs :getin:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
loving :laffo: at UL Monroe. I usered D the whole game and picked off their QB 10 times, 3 for scores. I dropped 4 more, which led to 3 punts. Is that maybe a record? I hope so.

The first half I spent with my QB Robinson on the ground and injured because my pass blocking is poo poo, until I remembered my scheme and then went ham. Too much Madden 16 I guess.

UCLA R2A, 84-7.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Dio when do you wanna tussle?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lets go Saturday morning. I dont wanna hold us into next week. 1030cst?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna grab breakfast and hop on, might be 5ish mins late

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
UCLA over MSU 27-14. UCLA has a huge defensive day and shut down the MSU air game with a strong performance, and rode Senior HB Poole to a 5.1 ypc effort for the win.

GG Dio.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Just a reminder that we're advancing tomorrow around 1pm CT.

E: Are our leagues finally dying? :ohdear:

too many games, not enough time. I'll try play it tonight, but a sim isn't the end of the world if I cant. After next week i'll be in MN for a while and on AP for like 2 weeks anyway.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It may be difficult for us to match up for this one. Tomorrow is pretty bad, Monday and tuesday night i'm packing. Maaaaaaybe Thursday or Friday after I move, I leave for Minnesota on Saturday and am AP until the 11th.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'll play my game after NFCE clownball

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dubious posted:

I'll play my game after NFCE clownball

r2a

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Sly, we're up whenever we advance this poo poo. Looks like its just Michigan state left?

I know you're in the EU, how does this weekend work? Or weren't you on vacation in the states? I don't remember.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

I'll put him on AP either tonight or tomorrow.

It's just him left, wouldn't it make more sense to sim? Not like it matters, at least 8 days until I can play Sly.

These long advances will be the death of us. That said, I do understand Sly is on vacation.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Fair enough. Not like I don't have enough e-football in my life!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Sly,

sorry, this was my birthday weekend and i enjoyed it.

When can we match up? I'm willing to play on your hours to get this done asap.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

Hope it was epic. My hours are basically noon-3pm eastern start time (y'all are off daylight savings now right?) unless you work from home that's a tough sell. I could probably wake up early on Wednesday (Tuesday night) and play then but my concern is my Xbox is coughing and sputtering across the finish line and if it freezes midgame we won't have time for a restart as I have work. Thoughts?

let me look at my work calendar once i get into the office and i'll find a day i can play in the morning this week.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

Hope it was epic. My hours are basically noon-3pm eastern start time (y'all are off daylight savings now right?) unless you work from home that's a tough sell. I could probably wake up early on Wednesday (Tuesday night) and play then but my concern is my Xbox is coughing and sputtering across the finish line and if it freezes midgame we won't have time for a restart as I have work. Thoughts?

i'm booked pretty solid all week at work and don't think i can make those hours work before JB advances on Friday. Let's just let the EA Gods decide our fates. Or I can go on AP and you can play me, i'm not too concerned.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

I (think) I'm bowl eligible so let's let fate decide.

same. Good luck to us going up against EA's pantheon.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I got everything I needed from my recruiting pool except a guard and a kicker. I had one all lined up and then some poo poo tier school had a visit that made him instacommit when i had an 1100 point lead.

I got 3 absolute stud cornerbacks to replace my graduating trio of corners. Shouldn't have much of a drop off.

I'm on track to land a 63 KPW kicker :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I like my redshirted Freshman QB alot, but I love my true freshman more. Is the smart money to keep him from transferring to play him in 4th quarters so he gets some stats, and then redshirt him next season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, here are the roster adjustments I made for your team:

LT-Palmer: 72 to 82
LT-Burks: 65 to 79
LG-Wright: 65 to 74
C-Jackson: 61 to 75
C-Ingram: 61 to 74
RG-Moss: 69 to 78
RG-McDonald: 63 to 78
LE-Felder: 62 to 74
DT-Cotton: 71 to 82
MLB-Cameron: 72 to 82
ROLB-Harris: 68 to 78
CB-Hinds: 84 to 86
CB-Henry: 68 to 74
CB-Frederick: 68 to 74
CB-Owens: 62 to 78
SS-McCall: 84 to 86
P-Wright: 61 to 74

My thinking was that if each of these players are redshirted they'll develop a 90 rating at the least. You better start alternating redshirt on these guys. My advice would be to start with the older players who haven't sat yet, or young guys who will be starting soon.

Also, please cut some of those HBs - at least the bottom two. Next off season I'll really dig into your depth and make some changes there.

Just looking over my roster, none of these stuck.

EA is magical.

Oh well, I can work with what I got. I was wondering why the one time I punted it went like 15 yards.

• Locked thread