Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I started playing dwarf fortress again a few weeks ago, messed with worldgen parameters so I could get a volcano embark site with coal and flux (check out this thing)

the first volcano site I found had huge cliffs and I was a little skeptical till I embarked and it looked like this:

the top circle is a volcano crater, the two bottom circles are almost perfectly conical rocky peaks about 20 zlevels high. I was going to make some kind of sky fort on them

here's the shitter, I played on this map for a while, then somehow deleted it and all of the seed data (even though I thought I had dumped the seed to a text file) so I lost the world completely. still not sure how the hell I did that but I am sad about it

bonus screenshots of my stonemason being a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Friendly Tumour posted:

You assign them to the miner duty and designate an area to be mined?

make sure they have picks too

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

hail and welcome to our humble fort after your long journey from the forest realm, nawara... uhh... so what have you brought to trade

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

since this thread died over a year ago there's been a new version of DF that added a bunch of stuff. who is still playing this epic game

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Robot Randy posted:

i normally run a new fortress for a few years every couple of weeks. im working on figuring out bookbinding and taverns. next release is gonna have heirloom artifacts that civilizations go to war over which sounds sick as hell imo

I always play a lot as soon as there's an update and then get stuck waiting for the next big release. Should probably just get some mods for a new experience

• Locked thread