Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone else playing this game since the new release? It's pretty fun but I keep genning new worlds till I get a perfect one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

owl milk posted:

you can try the perfect world mod it looks cool, might save some time. i havent used it since i just go with the first world i gen lol

Just genned a real good one with lots of megabeasts, all civs still alive and dwarves at war with gobbos and elves... but drat is it hard to find iron with dfhack prospect

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If you don't want to leave your site/world, type drainaquifer into dfhack to get rid of aquifer layers.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The .06 version of Reborn is a little deceptive. it has a lot of the core features of masterwork like simple wood and the new workshops still in, but cut out a lot of bloat. It's good enough right now to play with. Disable Succubi

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I have no idea why the otherwise good meph would put that AIDS in his mod.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My site has an addy vein poking above the ground of the third cavern. Hell yeah.

Cool tip: Forts built on one Z level have the best FPS.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 3, 2015

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

you can also assemble a rock band in adventure mode and play shows to collect even more fans and groupies

no!!!! these are the features of the next release. The latest (.40.24) runs the world in the background, adds emotions, multi level trees, expanded dialogue, and lets you retire forts without abandoning them.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
And significant

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Is that the program that renders the lil isometric views. I wish someone could make a realtime version of that.

It is realtime and .34 had a version you could play using but it was clunky. DF modders are nuts

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

CountingWizard posted:

I still have my developer's Dwarf Fortress crayon drawing framed in my office. I always come back to this game, but man I wish I had like a week off to just dig into the game again.

My usual strategy is to expedition like 3 or 4 times to a location and dig out and construct as much as I can before winter, then let them die out and resettle it the following year. By the fourth time I usually have enough storage and workshop space to let my dwarves work so that we have food and alcohol for the winter, and so I can trade for everything I'm short on by the time the caravans come.

Just use fastdwarf 1 1.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Lol at whatever that is. You people sound insane

its like a console command to make your dwarves fast and teleport. But with an external memory editor in command prompt form.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*In the Club* its like a console command to make your dwarves fast and teleport. But with an external memory editor in command prompt form.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Are marks dwarves always retarded? I can't get them to fire from behind fortifications. Whenever they do fire, it's while they're charging a mass of undead before bashing them with their crossbows.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Use a tile set. It's gonna be really hard if you're going with ASCII. The starter pack has everything you need

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dwarf therapist is good because you can make children work.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

[phlegmy voice] Ah, Jesus. My dwarves are out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

• Locked thread