Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What does the new update add besides probably some FPS drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So it's the last update I played then. It ran like a piece of poo poo and the ability for dwarves to climb and stuff was all well and good but he didn't really make the pathing good. So you'd get insane poo poo like say you have an open, 4-level space in the middle of your fort with some stairs on all sides. Well, climbing stairs is faster than scaling the wall but that doesn't stop your dwarves sometimes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The creepily aloof dialogue while people slice apart helpless goblins is pretty funny though, I have to admit.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DebonaireD posted:

Post more stonesense screenshots. It is the only way a normal person could get excited to play this game.

Is that the program that renders the lil isometric views. I wish someone could make a realtime version of that.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

It is realtime and .34 had a version you could play using but it was clunky. DF modders are nuts

Call me back when I can play DF through stonesense because I've been spoiled by Rimworld

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't read the huge post.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Learning by doing is the funnest way you freaking noobs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robot Randy posted:

if you dont want to dig poo poo out and just get into the game you can reclaim an old ruined fort that the ai built when you're in the embark screen, and sometimes there's food and other poo poo laying around. i think there's also the possibility of what murdered the previous inhabitants hanging around but i wouldnt worry about it

If you get murdered by goblins that were already there then hey. Now you have double the embark supplies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robot Randy posted:

one of my new recruits just tackled a kobold thief and broke its joints until it was no longer physically capable of stabbing him

Wrestlers are freaking hilarious. Why kill monsters when you can snap all their bones by throwing them around like a ragdoll.

• Locked thread