Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I'm still trying to breach my first aquifer. might just go the lazy route and embark somewhere nice and cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Average Bear posted:

I have no idea why the otherwise good meph would put that AIDS in his mod.

please don't fault the good people of the dwarf fortress community for wanting to play as a humble farming village of sex demons

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 3, 2015

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
the newer, bigger trees look really cool in stonesense.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Larry Parrish posted:

Call me back when I can play DF through stonesense because I've been spoiled by Rimworld

You can, there's even a version for the most recent release.

CountingWizard posted:

Because I am a death god that demands a steady stream of dwarven corpses. My favorite settlement ever involved a small unassuming fishing village that remained small and peaceful because the immigrants would get drowned in the basement aquifer when they inevitably registered for citizenship at the Immigration Office, where the floor would fall out from under them.

Also because gently caress pausing to micromanage every couple of minutes to make sure I'm using my dwarves the most efficiently.

Okay, glad I'm not the only one who calls it that. I just use a floor lousy with spike traps. Then, I forbid the corpses, let my dwarves rifle through their clothes/possessions/poo poo, and pull a lever that sends water through the room and out down into the caverns. Squeaky clean.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

CountingWizard posted:

I like to watch the Dwarves I drop in the water panic in horror when they realize they are swimming in flesh soup from all the rotting corpses in the water.

Insanely hosed Up Dwarf Fortress Strategies ITT :black101:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Average Bear posted:

*In the Club* its like a console command to make your dwarves fast and teleport. But with an external memory editor in command prompt form.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

CountingWizard posted:

what each of their individual farts smells like.

that's the imp zone spirit

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

frank.club posted:

How the gently caress do you even make them mine

d key (for designate) -> highlight some walls -> strike the earth

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Friendly Tumour posted:

df is very noob unfriendly

i hate when people act like you can learn dorf fort solely by immersion. i've been playing for a couple years and i still keep the wiki up just in case i need to check poo poo

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

net cafe scandal posted:

This thread is a drat mad house!

perhaps in the mad, mad world of Gaming, the truest clarity can be foudn only in insanity.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
dwarves gone wild

• Locked thread