Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Schnedwob posted:

I'm still trying to breach my first aquifer. might just go the lazy route and embark somewhere nice and cold

they're a fun exercise when you've got like 2 levels and rapidly cease to be any fun at all when you find out youve got like 4+, it's worth using dfhack to figure out what you're getting yourself into

i rly wish the same techniques worked for building into/under the ocean

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

is masterwork ever gonna get updated to the latest version cause it seems like lateluy Toady spends 99% of every update on insane timewasting bullshit that you will literally never see instead of just 95%, and also making sure that his seven months of coding individual dwarf hairs don't glitch out and accidentally make the game do fun things like let you have a fortress full of wizards, and masterwork was just some pretty good gameplay tweaks

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 3, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

loll

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I learned it from just playing it for the most part.

same but I started out with it back when everything was on the same floor and the game just ended when you drilled deep enough and even then it was a pain in the rear end

now there's like menus nested inside menus nested inside other menus just to tell your guys to maybe pick up a hammer and hit the thing that's eating them

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 6, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

this game seems like the equivalent to single player eve online

on the one hand you can make a city of werewolves, on the other hand, on the other hand they all just look like the letter N

• Locked thread