Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jerry Lynn's health is in a real bad way

quote:

After a 25-year career in professional wrestling, our good friend Jerry Lynn needs our help. All of the years of taking bumps have paid a toll on his body and, after consulting his physician, he is in need of several procedures.

Jerry has been experiencing chronic neck pain as well as pain in his right arm and numbness. The first procedure will be neck surgery to remove bones spurs, replace three degenerative discs, and fuse his vertebrae. He will be having this procedure done on Thursday, August 6.

Jerry has also been suffering with severe pain in his back for the last three months due to a bulging disc. He will likely need surgery for this as well, and he hopes to have that done as soon as possible following his neck surgery.

Jerry does have medical insurance, but he needs help in paying the $5,000 deductible. Plus, he will be out of work recovering for 2-3 months, which will put a hardship on his family, including his wife and young daughter.

It'd be cool if we helped, I think. Jerry's a class act, a good wrestler, and decent human being in a sea of slime. http://www.gofundme.com/helpjerrylynn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I think it is pretty cool that he has said anything they raise over the 15k they're asking goes to charity.

Which is exactly why I had zero issue donating. This isn't a con, or least I don't think it is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Question: Would running the ropes incorrectly lead to chronic neck pain as well as pain in your right arm and numbness later in life?

I mean, one of the most common injuries in running the ropes is breaking your nose, so maybe?

• Locked thread