Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

I've always been the type that needed something on to fall asleep to. As a kid, it was Howard Stern episodes back when the local affiliate played the morning's show at night. Once I had a tv it was usually sportscenter since they'd just repeat the same episode over and over all night. Discovering the chrontendo series was something of a revelation as the guy was presenting videogames in the driest, most boring fashion possible. Recently I stumbled upon twitch streams of Microsoft Flight Simulator X and jfc this poo poo is like ambien. The white noise from the engine and the lack of action beyond taking off or landing just makes this perfect. It-no joke-used to take up to 2 hours to fall asleep most nights but these days I've got it down to 20 mins tops usually.

I guess there's not much of a point to this thread other than sharing my discovery of flight sim streams, but what are your sleep routines? How long does it take you to fall asleep at night on average?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

10pm: "poo poo i have to go to sleep in an hour :( "
10:30pm: "holy poo poo this video on medieval footwear is fascinating"
10:59pm: "welp"
11pm: "i suppose"
11:30pm: "any minute now"
12am: *head hits pillow*

tao of lmao

http://www.twitch.tv/rodrigopcosta

tonights sleep aid

tao of lmao

i'm on a non-stop flight to slumbertown

tao of lmao

music doesn't work for me i give it too much attention.

tao of lmao

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Familiar songs way down low

haha no thats even worse cause then i hear/sing along in my head and strain to hear it more. The catch is to keep my brain occupied with something banal enough that it wants to fall asleep. Familiar things that i like do the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Wertjoe posted:

I love coast to coast am! Lately George Noory is getting on my nerves though, he seems like he's a lot less interested in finding out the truth than he is in having entertaining wackos on. I miss Art Bell.

yeah noory sucks art's the man

• Locked thread