Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Mine's probably buying State of Emergency for full price. Or maybe pre-ordering Driv3r.

The post-GTA3 gaming landscape really sent me through the ringer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Injecting concentrated League of Legends and Dota AIDS into my eyeballs instead of playing other RTS games while they were still popular. Now I'm stuck with the MOBAs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381&pagenumber=1861&perpage=40#post448537744

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I sold my gamecube games at the end of that console era when I moved to college. most of them for a lot less than they're really worth. its my greatest shame and i will never make the mistake again

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

lesbian baphomet posted:

I sold my gamecube games at the end of that console era when I moved to college. most of them for a lot less than they're really worth. its my greatest shame and i will never make the mistake again

I have two competing for "biggest gaming regret":

One is similar to yours - sold all my n64 stuff to help pay for wonderful gamecube/ps2/xbox games such as Whatever Turok Game Was on Gamecube and stuff like that, obviously at full price

The other one i always think of is the time my grandpa was buying me a game for my birthday, like he always did. We were at an electronics boutique and i was choosing between either Final Fantasy 9, or Silent Scope for dreamcast. I chose silent scope, and i think in retrospect it may have been because grandpa was a bit of a gun nut, and i probably wanted to impress him or something

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
letting Aeris die. :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

playing bioshock infinite at all

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My first thread on SA was a Games Bioshock Infinite megathread

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I regret preordering Bioshock Infinite

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I regret preordering Borderlands 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I regret preordering Bioshock Infinite

preordernow.com

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought bl:the pre sequel

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American Games are retarded.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

ive got you all beats: i preordered homefront

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at least borderlands 2/preseq is pretty fun if you tweak the loot and movespeed. there was no saving homefront

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Trading in a lot of games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I bought Borderlands 2 GOTY on Steam and had a lot of fun with it, but the first couple hours are really stupidly designed and I'm not surprised that it turned into terrible Chinese MMO nonsense.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The whole first chunk of the game is paced like an F2P game and it makes no sense. I still enjoyed it a lot overall but it has a shitton of problems with the pacing/level curve that basically prove it should not have had leveling at all.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive got you all beats: i preordered homefront

Why?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Age of Conan

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

owning the last gen consoles, but more wii/360. PS3 at least had some nice exclusives, but i originally bought it for the next SMT game and look where that got me

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I bought Sonic 06 the day it came out

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Devil May Cry 2 full price

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Owning a surprisingly large number of Sonic games, in retrospect.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

90% of my gaming j/os

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

lesbian baphomet posted:

selling my snes and like 60 ga,mes for a ps1 with star wars: masters of teras kasi

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I traded in a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition on GameCube to a GameStop for $35. Last I checked it was selling on Amazon for $80 and up.

I've actually had two copies but the first was stolen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Christ...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I regret getting the season pass

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

In Training posted:

Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Christ...

yeah but these games are good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mach2 posted:

yeah but these games are good

:stare:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually the only gaming purchase in recent years that I've regretted was buying MKX Day 1 just because it was a PS4 fighting game that would work with my PS3 stick. That game is hot piss and I'm still mad I spent 60 dollars on it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my biggest Gaming Regret is playing w/ strategy guides & gamefaqs as a kid instead of figuring poo poo out myself. I was an impatient little poo poo who didn't truly appreciate Gaming

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zen death robot posted:

There have been 5 more pages of posts since you pasted that :how:

there was a gamescom live conference thing they were live chatting, i dont think anyone else actually watched it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Once Upon A Time I was a Games Goon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

there was a gamescom live conference thing they were live chatting, i dont think anyone else actually watched it

I watched the Dark Souls III video, and thanks to your link, found out there's a scale bound gameplay video now maybe, that I want to watch.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Preordering the CE of Ultima 9. Also playing Eve Online for as long as I did.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
when i was 8 or 9 i sold my copy of final fantasy 2 for the snes on ebay. every time i think about t i get pissed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
Last week I proceeded to the end of a level in Metro: Last Light before I had found all of the notes and instruments. Failed achievement but unwilling to go back and start the chapter over.

But my biggest ever gaming regret is not jumping at the chance to preorder the Fallout 4 Pipboy so I could sell it on ebay and make a $$$million.

• Locked thread