Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
one time i saved over my cousins chrono trigger save that he had almost 100 percented. he was cool with it because he was and is a laid back guy but to this day i have gamer regret over destroying another gamers save

after i got a ps2 for christmas i donated my n64 and all my games and accessories to a childrens home that was looking for one. i dont really regret this one because the ps2 was new at the time and great and i know that some kid without a family got to play star wars episode one racer and hybrid heaven and the m;any other myriad of games i had at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

never owning a ps2
there's still time to remedy this

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In Training posted:

Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Christ...

:wtc:

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I played a lot of RuneScape, even though it was insanely bad and only got worse. Jesus Christ.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played knight online which was a weird korean mmo quite a bit in highschool. thank god i never spent any real money on it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

A cool drat horse posted:

I played a lot of RuneScape, even though it was insanely bad and only got worse. Jesus Christ.

one time in high school a couple kids i knew got in a fistfight over runescape

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Master of Orion 3

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
I recycled a treasure trove of Nintendo powers, game pros, and ps1 era jog strategy guides

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I once had the opportunity to buy Mischief Makers on the cheap. I opted for Killer Instinct Gold.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

never owning a ps2

Me neither. I guess I wanted to feel like I was being all smart getting my Xbox and Gamecube. Only to then realize years later I'd missed out on actual good games.

That and playing Bioshock Infinite.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I have a few gaming regrets but the only one I can think of right now is that I never beat FFIX and I only remember that because last week I was cleaning poo poo out and found the jewel case for the game with a bunch of old CDs

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Laputanmachine posted:

I once had the opportunity to buy Mischief Makers on the cheap. I opted for Killer Instinct Gold.

Those were both good but I agree that Mischief Makers was better

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

When I made this thread, it didn't even occur to me to think about regrets re: things I didn't buy or that I sold... this is making my head spin.

Now I'm thinking about the copies of Jack Bros. in bins at Best Buy being sold for $9.99 when the Virtual Boy was being clearanced out. I was buying all the .99 cent VB games, but couldn't be bothered to buy a game 10 times as much. If I only knew how much they'd be worth now or how much of a bitch getting a copy a few years back would have been.

Also trading in my mint copy of Skies of Arcadis for something like $15 in GameStop credit and then buying a copy of Super Magnetic Neo with the proceeds. :suicide:

exus
Dec 28, 2008
i regret playing so much counter-strike and world of warcraft. i had pretty firmly checked out of consoles by 2002 so i missed out on a lot of great stuff around that era, particularly single player. i recently picked up another ps2 and picked up most of the hallmark titles from that system. currently balancing katamari damacy with god of war. digging both thoroughly, although i never thought i'd play this stuff.

in terms of purchases... probably Rage? it was $5 but i really wanted to have fun in that game and it was very short on fun.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Buying Raven's Cry and not asking for a refund.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

exus posted:

i regret playing so much counter-strike and world of warcraft.

I was about to say I regret playing so much WoW but I was lucky to be in a great guild with chill laidback people who I am still friends with to this day so I can't say it was all wasted time

As for gaming purchase regrets OP said State of Emergency and I'm with that, played that game for about an hour and then shelved it forever. was real disappointing.
trying to think of a game I've regretted buying sometime in the last 10 years and it's tough because I'm such a cheapskate these days. haven't even bought a console since PS2 unless you count handhelds

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

In 2004, I saw a copy of Shantae for $8 at a second-hand store. I already had a copy, so I passed it up.

If in good condition, Shantae is worth over $300 now.

I also bought Other M on release. I enjoyed it until I got 100% in like 9 hours and realized that yes, that was actually all of the content in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man I had completely forgotten about Other M...I preordered that game...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
other m leaked before official release and it was funny seeing people who played it here try to tell other not to buy it without admitting to piracy, and people didnt want to believe it could be bad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
there was a time in Games where someone could call you out for piracy if you posted about playing a game before release and you had to post a picture of your receipt or youd get banned

Dec 26, 2012

it was pretty hard to believe to be fair

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Unguided posted:

Master of Orion 3

I chose this over Warcraft III to be the one game on my first computer. What a stupid loving mistake.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

greatest regret is buying other m in a bargain bin for like 3 bucks thinking "it cant be THAT bad"

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Kickstarting Barkley 2

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pumprag posted:

Kickstarting Barkley 2

this post made me sad

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

It's never going to be released

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pumprag posted:

It's never going to be released

:negative:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i was hyped for other m when it was first announced but as more and more info came out i lost more interest and never ended up playing it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

there was a time in Games where someone could call you out for piracy if you posted about playing a game before release and you had to post a picture of your receipt or youd get banned

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pumprag posted:

Kickstarting Barkley 2

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

The hell. ..

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I traded a Dr Pepper to a guy for a copy of Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Dr. Pepper is full of corn syrup and feminizing hormones so you still made out like a bandit.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

haha

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

War Fighter.

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:

lesbian baphomet posted:

I sold my gamecube games at the end of that console era when I moved to college. most of them for a lot less than they're really worth. its my greatest shame and i will never make the mistake again

on a similar note, sold my super nintendo and like ten games a couple summers ago to help pay rent. i even had a job and was still too destitute to pay rent and eat simultaneously

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i played knight online which was a weird korean mmo quite a bit in highschool. thank god i never spent any real money on it

ragnarok online baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
I've never played any Ultima games other than NES ports.

In '97 i traded my Genesis + games, which included all the Shining & Phantasy Star games, for Starfox 64 and an extra N64 controller.

• Locked thread