Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

never buying a game boy micro

i recently found mine when i opened up some old boxes from college. i remember taking an ap test in high school, finishing it really fast, and then playing FF IV on it for an hour under the table. the table had a little ledge under it so when the proctor would walk past i would just set the micro on the ledge to hide it. good gaming memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

never buying a game boy micro

those are sweet

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rediscover posted:

those are sweet

they seriously are

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
dug mine out. it had castlevania circle of the moon still in it and had a charge. nintendo is cool.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

nintendo is cool.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
not buying more than 10 copies of Dick Tracey for NES.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Got resident evil 2 for my birthday and brought it to a friends house to play but I forgot it and he never returned it. Waited five more years to play it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

not buying more than 10 copies of Dick Tracey for NES.

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

buying a psp off some YCS troll.... :negative:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Aren't those supposed to be really good for emulation

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

STAY AWAY FROM JAYSON NUCLEAR.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

The problem is that Bonzi never sent it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I maintain that despite all the evidence, Bonzi sent the PSP and the other guy received it, but lied about it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It was a Playstation Vita. Sigh.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
probably buying ARMA 2

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

probably buying ARMA 2

f*ck off

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'll play with you if you want and we can both join ShackTac

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Benny D posted:

i bought a psp strictly for emulating awhile back. i beat mother 3 on it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

rediscover posted:

i bought a psp strictly for emulating awhile back. i beat mother 3 on it

i still have not beaten mother 3 because i can;t be assed to sit down and play it on my pc

how much is a decent psp these days

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

playing eve online at all

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
I sold my copies of Medievil 1 & 2

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Buying a PSP, modding it and playing 20 minutes of some SNES game on an emulator and then never touching it again.

Selling some game to a store for like $3 so I could get a double cheeseburger. Don't even remember the game but if I knew I would probably regret it even more.

Trading and selling in general I guess, never know when you might want to play one of the classics.....

I will probably buy a new XB360 in a few years before they disappear just so a load of my games won't be unplayable. Will probably regret it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
Playing WoW for 6 months

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
I tried to play Second Life once.

Buying several barely functional early access sandbox games while sleep deprived.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I have a few:

Pre-ordering Duke Nukem Forever and Mass Effect 3, one was a complete turd of a game and the other had a lovely ending. I'll let you figure out which is which. :v:

Buying a ship in Star Citizen. Honestly I think that game is just one huge scam, if the game ever gets a full release it will be amazing but paying $300 for a virtual spaceship is highway robbery. Good thing I only bought the $50 upgraded newbie ship.

Buying some Early Access games. Yeah, gently caress paying developers to essentially beta test their games. I'm still bitter about Starbound.

I need to just wait for games to come out before dumping money into them I guess. :retrogames:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 10, 2015

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Foxhound posted:

Selling some game to a store for like $3 so I could get a double cheeseburger. Don't even remember the game but if I knew I would probably regret it even more.

you don't remember the game but you do remember the cheeseburger, maybe you made a good deal there

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I bought Hoshigami for the PSX at full price in broken Canadian dollars when it came out. It was probably $60 or $70.

I just needed a Tactics fix. :smith:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
One of those early pairs of 3d glasses before the recent nvidia stuff where it was actually a driver feature. All the game menus were trying to stab me in the face.

Also this one time I bought several hundred dollars of one of those cash shop randomized box things trying to get a rare item. And I still didn't get it. Never again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

D3

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
not playing more c & c generals

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its getting another big content patch in the next week or two and i cant wait tbh

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

its getting another big content patch in the next week or two and i cant wait tbh

specifically, the beginning release of the game up until seasons, preordering that poo poo was a big let down

(once ptr goes live I'll prob try hc/season but tpp is coming out like right around the same time so we'll see)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kylra posted:

One of those early pairs of 3d glasses before the recent nvidia stuff where it was actually a driver feature. All the game menus were trying to stab me in the face.

Also this one time I bought several hundred dollars of one of those cash shop randomized box things trying to get a rare item. And I still didn't get it. Never again.
What game was it?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What game was it?
Atlantica Online. Which I don't even play anymore. It was fun, but I also did not really get my money's worth thanks to this event.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
buying a psp

also i'm pretty sure i got autism from playing star wars galaxies as a child

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah this for me too. I was home on leave and grabbed one, and pretty much all i did on it was play namco museum and hot shots golf, and watch the one movie UMD i had for it (hellboy)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PSP has a lot of really good games though. And it's insanely epic with CFW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pablo Gigante posted:

PSP has a lot of really good games though. And it's insanely epic with CFW

CFW came out after i sold it, and i didnt buy another one

• Locked thread