Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

These are kept here as a courtesy to inform readers of the thread's bad opinion of these comics, because all of them are popular enough that someone might recommend them to you. Many of the comics above have justified criticisms, but these comics are regarded by at least 90% of the thread as being unsalvagable. Be warned.

Ctrl+Alt+Del: Had the honor of being terrible and being made by a terrible person.
Goblins: Dough people playing by D&D rules. All characters are bags full of six gallons of blood.
The Least I Could Do: Misogyny and racism!
Drowtales: Elf bullshit plus creepiness

Actually, these comics rule and are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Let's Speak English needs to be in the OP because it is a lovely weekly web comic about teaching English to small children in Japan.

E: this is also my suggested link whenever the thread gets bogged down talking about something unpleasant and everybody needs to talk about something else instead.

qntm fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 6, 2015

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I haven't read it in a while just because I had to update my feeds and forgot to regrab it, but I really enjoyed Red Moon Rising while I read it. It's a very pretty comic at the very least.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tesseraction posted:

Sorry, but you killed your sense of taste with the DDDG.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Tesseraction posted:

It's cool, man. We're here for you. We'll help you get through this.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Can we add Wilde Life to the list? Not sure how many other people keep up with it, but I like it.

I really like Wilde Life but man the current scene is so boring. We're up to like a month and a half worth of "spooky poltergeist girl is spooky" with practically nothing to show for it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I feel like with Wilde Life, the first story with the ghost gal was plotted, and everything since then has been stream of consciousness or something. Honestly, I'd much rather read stories like the first chapter, rather than finding out this town is built on a hellmouth does the Monster of the Week thing.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
http://doopliss.tumblr.com/post/125975611219

Too many images to post here, just have a look.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

why do like half the arty comics out there suddenly have text like this i am looking at your thing on a giant rear end photo-editing screen and can't read poo poo

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 6, 2015

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bobulus posted:

I feel like with Wilde Life, the first story with the ghost gal was plotted, and everything since then has been stream of consciousness or something. Honestly, I'd much rather read stories like the first chapter, rather than finding out this town is built on a hellmouth does the Monster of the Week thing.

That was pretty much the premise that the first chapter was pitching, though.

I also think there was a lot more going into the second chapter than you give it credit. Yes, the chase/escape sequence also went on forever, but things were actually happening. The first chapter was a cute fun read but the second chapter got me hooked, which makes me even more annoyed that we've spent 10+ pages staring at glowing swirly bullshit.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

qntm posted:

Let's Speak English needs to be in the OP because it is a lovely weekly web comic about teaching English to small children in Japan.

E: this is also my suggested link whenever the thread gets bogged down talking about something unpleasant and everybody needs to talk about something else instead.

This is really cute, kids are goddamn ridiculous everywhere :3:

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
op, please stay up to date on KG Green matters and link to He is A Good Boy and Back how about. And Gunshow goes in the Ended section now.

And thanks for including You Suck in the goon list, I just started updating it again. I'm trying to draw better these days.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Reading the OP reminded me that Abominable CC exists, and it appears to be somewhat dead. The artist hasn't done a page in over a year, the guest strips have dried up, and considering that the plot ended up with a god twice the size of a mountain about to crush everyone with no possibility of anyone stopping him, I think he might have written himself into a bit of a corner.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Gabriel Pope posted:

I really like Wilde Life but man the current scene is so boring. We're up to like a month and a half worth of "spooky poltergeist girl is spooky" with practically nothing to show for it.

Ya, I've been reading it in chapter chunks. It probably does have pacing issues if you read it update to update. And this last month of updates has been very, very slow.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I love SSSS because it has super awesome cats AND THEY JUST RESCUED A KITTEN But it's sad because mommacat done died.

Still, so very goond.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

khy posted:

I love SSSS because it has super awesome cats AND THEY JUST RESCUED A KITTEN But it's sad because mommacat done died.

Still, so very goond.
At least the cat's still and silent now.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

why do like half the arty comics out there suddenly have text like this i am looking at your thing on a giant rear end photo-editing screen and can't read poo poo

Tumblr is scaling it, the actual images are print resolution and legible at that size. If I had a better link I'd use it.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
A short addendum to my Atomic Robo comment; It has it's own thread and the writer of the comic, Brian Clevinger, posts in it regularly as Hyperactive.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
For an image sharing platform Tumblr is pretty poo poo in general, but especially for comics.

I love it how clicking on a tall image brings up a smaller version of that image because the full screen view scales for height.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I still like MS Paint Masterpieces which manages to have become a Good Comic, despite having started behind the megaman sprite comic 8 ball. Greatest Killer arc is probably the best place to start in on it.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Hi, I do On the Shoulders of Giants which is like a post-apocalyptic slice of life, could I please be put in the wall of links in the first post?

I also am OP for the Making Comics thread so you know I'm amazing and am all about webcomics.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mercury Hat posted:

Hi, I do On the Shoulders of Giants which is like a post-apocalyptic slice of life, could I please be put in the wall of links in the first post?

I also am OP for the Making Comics thread so you know I'm amazing and am all about webcomics.

I'll vouch for this, OSG is really good and updates a lot! I recommend reading them in the presented order (it jumps around the series' time-line and 'fills in the gaps' as it goes along).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

qntm posted:

I'd also recommend Mary Cagle's main webcomic Kiwi Blitz for the OP too to go along with Let's Speak English.

I don't mean to clog the list either, but here's a few more webcomics with some loving amazing art and pretty good stories that people should probably check out too:
Everblue
Derelict
Awaken
Thistil Mistil Kistil
The Zombie Hunters

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I don't read it religiously, but I love Blind Gecko & Tail, and i'm always pleasantly surprised when I remember it and read its latest updates. It's a cute / stupid joke comic with little continuity and fantastic art.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I poo poo, I poo poo right out my bum
My bum
My bum
I poo poo right out my bum and that's the way I do it
Yeah
Yeah
Yeah
Yeah-yeah I toss my hair
(My pubic hair)
And I don't care if you detest
My luscious breasts
In their ginger nest
(Of pubic hair)
My comic is a tonic
For all your worldly ills
My labia are frills
Of lace and manly flesh
So just hit refresh
And know that I poo poo
I poo poo right out my bum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Let's all get together and slut it up!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Moar webcomics.

Solstoria is a fun little comic with very nice art that has a decent story that hasn't gone anywhere exciting YET.

Black Brick Road of Oz is a retelling of the Oz story but with weird and fun changes. Dorothy is an amnesiac girl with an adorable scratchy cat. Oz is ruled over by the witches some of whom appear to be cannibals or something? Actually the witches seem super awesome. Not quite as wicked as you'd think. Anyway the Tin Man is there and the Cowardly Lion is a girl with a gun who's the daughter of some thieves or something. Great art and fun little flash pages here and there.

E: In the previous webcomic thread there was a comic about a guy who got pulled or something into an alternate world, and there were werewolves and vampires and things, and a fight over the human and the human was going to work for a guy in a castle in the sky? Anyone know which comic i'm talking about?

khy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 7, 2015

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Today's Dr McNinja: King Radical was the only man to enter the Senate with honest intentions.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
More comics!

Black Legacy is a disturbing sci-fi that is unfortunately still in the prologue stages. Wonderful art but there's lots of body horror so NSFW.

Serious Engineering A goon-made comic about a kid accidentally joining a dangerous medical mafia.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
I'm glad we have a new thread so I can get on the ground floor of some of these discussions, so many times in the old thread people would say oh Jim Bob and Mary Sue are going nuts with the fugalzor in this update, and I was left the outside going, who what?

It really didn't help with there is literally six billion comics named Demon. Solid title idonotlikepeas.

That time the demon attacked the demon on demon with the demons, that was pretty demonic though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Carrasco posted:

Today's Dr McNinja: King Radical was the only man to enter the Senate with honest intentions.

I loved the alt text and believe it to be true.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

GloriousDemon posted:

I'm glad we have a new thread so I can get on the ground floor of some of these discussions, so many times in the old thread people would say oh Jim Bob and Mary Sue are going nuts with the fugalzor in this update, and I was left the outside going, who what?

It really didn't help with there is literally six billion comics named Demon. Solid title idonotlikepeas.

That time the demon attacked the demon on demon with the demons, that was pretty demonic though.

This post coming from Glorious Demon.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

GloriousDemon posted:

Don't forget Ava's Demon.

Also, looking at the OP, I decided to click an adorable sounding comic name/description, so I read (Happy Birthday,) Job Dog. I was not expecting what I got.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

It's cool, man. We're here for you. We'll help you get through this.

No. Without Dominic Deegan I'm nnothing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Demonic Doogan

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It finally happened.

http://www.blasternation.com/

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Donna Barr drew this as a thank you for you guys being so nice to her a couple years ago.
I think it's sweet.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

khy posted:

E: In the previous webcomic thread there was a comic about a guy who got pulled or something into an alternate world, and there were werewolves and vampires and things, and a fight over the human and the human was going to work for a guy in a castle in the sky? Anyone know which comic i'm talking about?

Prague Race

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Order of Tales: a story about storytellers by the same author as
Rice Boy: A somewhat surreal, very imaginative fantasy adventure. By the same author as

It looks like these two descriptions got messed up somehow, they're both by the author of Vattu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab stabby
Mar 23, 2009
There was a comic linked here a while back that had the format of a video game (though no real options at the time), about some kids who are isolated in space (?) and communicate through ipad like things. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a relatively new comic. Sorry for such a vague description :(

Also, I'd like to mention Sacred Pie, which is best described as "three dudes get thrown into intergalactic conflict". It's an entertaining epic-space story with pretty fantastic world building. It stopped a while back and picked up again somewhat recently. The website itself is kind of a testament towards how old the comic is.

• Locked thread