Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Homestuck?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444640&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1626

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Plethora posted:

More comics!

Black Legacy is a disturbing sci-fi that is unfortunately still in the prologue stages. Wonderful art but there's lots of body horror so NSFW.

That link seems to be dead. It redirects to a comic-not-found on comicfury.com.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kind of morbid that I've been waiting weeks for this to happen but it's finally here.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mercury Hat posted:

Hi, I do On the Shoulders of Giants which is like a post-apocalyptic slice of life, could I please be put in the wall of links in the first post?

I also am OP for the Making Comics thread so you know I'm amazing and am all about webcomics.

hi, i just read through your whole comic, and i like it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stab stabby posted:

There was a comic linked here a while back that had the format of a video game (though no real options at the time), about some kids who are isolated in space (?) and communicate through ipad like things. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a relatively new comic. Sorry for such a vague description :(

Maybe Neo-Kosmos?

stab stabby
Mar 23, 2009

Ahh, thanks, that was it! :D

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Huh. Doctor McNinja's ending. Weird. I think that was one of the first webcomics I read.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It falls under MSPaint Adventures.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sirtommygunn posted:

It falls under MSPaint Adventures.

I was responding to this post

stab stabby posted:

There was a comic linked here a while back that had the format of a video game (though no real options at the time), about some kids who are isolated in space (?) and communicate through ipad like things. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a relatively new comic. Sorry for such a vague description :(

Also, I'd like to mention Sacred Pie, which is best described as "three dudes get thrown into intergalactic conflict". It's an entertaining epic-space story with pretty fantastic world building. It stopped a while back and picked up again somewhat recently. The website itself is kind of a testament towards how old the comic is.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

That link seems to be dead. It redirects to a comic-not-found on comicfury.com.

Oops.

The artist changed the name of the comic.

Link: Humming Birds

It's actually getting pretty badass.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

DekeThornton posted:

That list has a distinct lack of Stand Still Stay Silent, which just started a new chapter after a short hiatus. It's good,.

I'm swedish, how have I not read or known about this until now? This is so good. The art is amazing and really nails the various environments it takes place in.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I just started reading 'Dead Winter' from the OP, and I love it. I don't know which goon draws it but it's fun.

I just got to the bit where the kitty got reunited with the MC, which makes me happy because i'm a cat person.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Enjoy the pacing while you can. The comic just spent almost an entire year in a diner.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 11, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Keru posted:

I'm swedish, how have I not read or known about this until now? This is so good. The art is amazing and really nails the various environments it takes place in.

Have you read her "warmup" comic A Redtail's Dream? If you haven't, it's got some more really good art.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I guess the reason they don't cut hair in Witchy is because it's a crime against nature or something? Guess that sort of answers that question.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The poll in today's Dr McNinja is intensely believable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In shocking Demon revelations 'Sweetpea' isnt a nickname

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

Enjoy the pacing while you can. The comic just spent almost an entire year in a diner.

Jesus christ has it really been a year? gently caress.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In the next update Reiley's gonna have them go through 12 different parts of the city in a single page.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Reiley posted:

Well it's been a fun comic up until now! Didn't realize it had slowed down so much until I got to the end.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Well, to be fair, she just hasn't been able to update the comic as much, 'cause she's working on the Dead Winter game at the same time now! It's pretty cool, heavily inspired by the ol' Konami brawlers

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Reiley posted:

I've dropped a lot of webcomics since 2007 when I first really started reading them, but I still periodically check Dead Winter for updates. It also has the likely dubious honour of being one of only two and a half webcomics I've ever bought a book for.

What's the word on a volume 3? I'd buy it.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

khy posted:

Well it's been a fun comic up until now! Didn't realize it had slowed down so much until I got to the end.

It's regrettably slowed down since I've started working on making a game and I've periodically been doing contract work for What Pumpkin, so there's just not enough hours in the day to juggle everything. Thanks for the kind words though! It's always nice to hear, and I promise it's not abandoned.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Renaissance Robot posted:

I've dropped a lot of webcomics since 2007 when I first really started reading them, but I still periodically check Dead Winter for updates. It also has the likely dubious honour of being one of only two and a half webcomics I've ever bought a book for.

What's the word on a volume 3? I'd buy it.

what's the half

khy
Aug 15, 2005

This is literally the best thread on the forums because it keeps reminding me of all the fun webcomics I used to read but stopped because I forgot about them. AND it also introduces me to new ones like Dead Winter that I didn't even know about before.

Like, I'm getting caught up with Latchkey Kingdom and I had no idea the author has an account here!

khy fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 11, 2015

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Archenteron posted:

Don't forget Ava's Demon.

Also, looking at the OP, I decided to click an adorable sounding comic name/description, so I read (Happy Birthday,) Job Dog. I was not expecting what I got.

I feel like Job Dog is THE comic that I need a physical copy of. Just loving LOOK at that poo poo drat

e: uh oh, site's dead! This might interfere with my yearly Job Dog Binge Ritual

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 12, 2015

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I draw a comic called Badnix! I would be pretty chuffed if people would check that out.

People often compare it to RPG World and Kid Radd, which I think is very accurate & kind. (I like to believe it at least punches in at whatever weight class Bob & George was in)

(e: incidentally I also host the Job Dog site and that was just a dumb service interruption, Job Dog will remain online for at least as long as I am alive/solvent)

WrathOfBlade fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 12, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mazerunner posted:

what's the half

Mars by Evan Dahm. Half because it's a webcomic author but not actually a webcomic, and also because it's pretty much a pamphlet :v:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

WrathOfBlade posted:

I draw a comic called Badnix! I would be pretty chuffed if people would check that out.

People often compare it to RPG World and Kid Radd, which I think is very accurate & kind. (I like to believe it at least punches in at whatever weight class Bob & George was in)

(e: incidentally I also host the Job Dog site and that was just a dumb service interruption, Job Dog will remain online for at least as long as I am alive/solvent)

I read it! It's pretty good, you guys should check it out.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it might be a webcomic parodying classic videogames but it's actually good yeah

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Tollymain posted:

it might be a webcomic parodying classic videogames but it's actually good yeah

:psyboom: Another one?!

Also Grrl Power took a hard right into :gonk: land. I haven't stopped reading it but I'm watching it REALLY closely in case any creepiness pops out again.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Grrl Power? Is that the one where there is a character named "Harem" who is several different women, and another is a succubus who reads people's minds to find out their fetishes and shapeshift into them? And you say that creepiness might pop out again?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Mattress posted:

Grrl Power? Is that the one where there is a character named "Harem" who is several different women, and another is a succubus who reads people's minds to find out their fetishes and shapeshift into them? And you say that creepiness might pop out again?

I sense non sincere tones in this post

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's kind of a bad webcomic

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Tollymain posted:

it's kind of a bad webcomic

Parts of it are good. I like how it goes out of the way to portray a lot of comic scenes as being really stupid (EG : Throwing cars at people, shooting beams wildly and missing, etc) and some of the superhero fights were good.

But yeah right now it's at a definite low point.

ALSO : Badnix is a good comic and people should read it. And I just binged the whole drat thing.

khy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 12, 2015

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Grrl Power: "People with superpowers are naturally hot as hell. Also they do not grow body hair which is good because several of my female characters are invincible and would thus have hairy legs which is gross. Let's have a shower scene!"

Its genre-savvy main character and smart fight scenes are really kinda cool, though.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

blastron posted:

Grrl Power: "People with superpowers are naturally hot as hell. Also they do not grow body hair which is good because several of my female characters are invincible and would thus have hairy legs which is gross. Let's have a shower scene!"

Its genre-savvy main character and smart fight scenes are really kinda cool, though.

I definitely think it has one of the better 'invincible/invulnerable' character portrayals I've seen. I mean, if you're absolutely 100% invincible why WOULDN'T you block swords with your eyeballs just to freak people the gently caress out?

Shame it devolved into this garbage shower/dressing room scene we have going on now.

DikFaic
Dec 31, 2004

Does anyone have a link to the comic about a guy who wishes that teeth were a drug? I remember vague things about it, like the main character using a pyramid shaped vaporizer and the spirit that grants his wish has a cow skull for a head, I think. I don't remember that much, except for the ending, which I don't want to spoil in case anyone hasn't read it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DikFaic posted:

Does anyone have a link to the comic about a guy who wishes that teeth were a drug? I remember vague things about it, like the main character using a pyramid shaped vaporizer and the spirit that grants his wish has a cow skull for a head, I think. I don't remember that much, except for the ending, which I don't want to spoil in case anyone hasn't read it

http://drawbrandondraw.tumblr.com/tagged/teeth/chrono

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DikFaic
Dec 31, 2004

Thank you

• Locked thread