Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Grrl Power is a prime example of a lame fetish comic for weirdos that insists that it is not a lame fetish comic for weirdos, just like Spinnerette and Gold Digger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

that's some good whatever the hell that is

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there some kind of chrome extension or something that makes tumblr readable? Like something that loads the earlier images and you can go through them like it's a real website?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Add /chrono to the end if you're trying to follow a bunch of tagged posts, otherwise nope.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

HorseRenoir posted:

Grrl Power is a prime example of a lame fetish comic for weirdos that insists that it is not a lame fetish comic for weirdos, just like Spinnerette and Gold Digger

What is it with superhero comix and weirdo fetishists? I'm starting to wonder if there are any superheroes that weren't created for explicitly fetishistic reasons.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile, in Questionable Content, the Sven plot has returned so that Sven can apologize for ???.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

khy posted:

I definitely think it has one of the better 'invincible/invulnerable' character portrayals I've seen. I mean, if you're absolutely 100% invincible why WOULDN'T you block swords with your eyeballs just to freak people the gently caress out?

It would be cool.......if Superman hadn't done that like ten years ago

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

khy posted:

Parts of it are good.

I tried reading it and didn't enjoy it too much (which is a shame because personally I enjoy superheroes and it's a genre I don't seem often in webcomics)

I will say one thing for the comic though: just in terms of site design, it's great. A lot (like, a lot) of comic creators don't make a cast page, or if they do, they rarely update it when making new characters, and that can be a major pain in the rear end for new readers if the comic has a large cast. Grrl Power's creator not only has a cast page, each individual comic basically has its own mini cast page out to the side with the names/powers of the characters in that specific strip. It's real neat. ...now if only it were a feature on a better comic...

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Gabriel Pope posted:

What is it with superhero comix and weirdo fetishists? I'm starting to wonder if there are any superheroes that weren't created for explicitly fetishistic reasons.

Same thing that it is with scifi/fantasy authors. Not that I could tell you what that is, but I'm certain it's the same deal.

Rand Brittain posted:

Meanwhile, in Questionable Content, the Sven plot has returned so that Sven can apologize for ???.

I had actually honestly forgotten that QC existed. I... I'm clean :unsmith:

of that particular vice :ninja:

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

Same thing that it is with scifi/fantasy authors. Not that I could tell you what that is, but I'm certain it's the same deal.

90% of sci-fi is weird fetish stuff, because 90% of everything is weird fetish stuff? Is this a new corollary of Sturgeon's Law?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

khy posted:

I definitely think it has one of the better 'invincible/invulnerable' character portrayals I've seen. I mean, if you're absolutely 100% invincible why WOULDN'T you block swords with your eyeballs just to freak people the gently caress out?

Shame it devolved into this garbage shower/dressing room scene we have going on now.

"This tepid art and poor action is cool" - Goon in the webcomic thread

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
QC has bad pacing, it's hard to tell if a couple days have passed or several weeks sometimes.

Much like real life, it's a string of boring poo poo interspersed with the occasional interesting thing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Interesting in only how bad it is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, that's how real life is

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think I stuck with Spinerette up until the Cerberus girl with huge tits turned up; I'm fine with obvious cheesecake right up until it's clearly impacting things like basic sensible character design; that, I think, is when any defence of it being anything other than dumb fetish goes right out the window.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Power Nap continues to update regularly (IE : Once a week) and continues to own. I doubt the updates will stay regular given Maritza Campos' history, but I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

FunkyAl posted:

It would be cool.......if Superman hadn't done that like eighty years ago

ftfy

...jesus superman has been around a long time.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

khy posted:

Power Nap continues to update regularly (IE : Once a week) and continues to own. I doubt the updates will stay regular given Maritza Campos' history, but I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.
Power Nap rules, but I'm once again confused about what's going on. So I'm taking it that the main character is in someone else's dream, hence his koala appearance (and how Kafka is a dancing printer). Do we know who muscle and faceless are?

Also how did he figure out that Cornelius was the janitor?

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Genuinely want to read the golden age Superman issue where he blocks something with his eyeball

khy
Aug 15, 2005

RoboCicero posted:

Power Nap rules, but I'm once again confused about what's going on. So I'm taking it that the main character is in someone else's dream, hence his koala appearance (and how Kafka is a dancing printer). Do we know who muscle and faceless are?

Also how did he figure out that Cornelius was the janitor?

This is speculation but it's speculation based on clues we've been given :

Lillian (AKA : Token, Locust, etc) knows Drew's identity and sent him one of her spiders. He's currently in her dreamworld. A big hint to her identity is the mask - in Drew's dreams, the mask's picture changes based on her thoughts. Same with the faceplate here, it changes just like her mask does.

Since we know Cornelius isn't there, and we've established EZ and Jeremiah aren't, and that muscles ISN'T a color laser printer, the only remaining possibility is that Meathead/Muscles is Mr Manly Chin.

As for how Drew knows that Cornelius is the janitor, that hasn't been explained yet. I suspect an explanation and a revelation of Cornelius' identity to Locust and Meathead is forthcoming in the next week or two.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Just Offscreen posted:

ftfy

...jesus superman has been around a long time.

And they STILL haven't let him kill batman yet

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

FunkyAl posted:

And they STILL haven't let him kill batman yet

There has to be at least one alternate universe/imaginary story/elseworld where he just incinerates Batman from orbit.

Red Son might count, but I think that was more Batman killing himself to avoid torture? It's been a while.

...bringing it back around, anyone think Beeman will get a cameo before Dr McNinja wraps up?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Carrasco posted:

There has to be at least one alternate universe/imaginary story/elseworld where he just incinerates Batman from orbit.

Red Son might count, but I think that was more Batman killing himself to avoid torture? It's been a while.
That was more to avoid the Flanders - style re-neducation at the hands of Brainiac Crainial Bores.

As for Batcineration, it's like Issue One of Irredeemable.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Crush Saga Does Not Disappoint

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Jesus Christ lily- that's worrying.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

Just Offscreen posted:

Jesus Christ lily- that's worrying.

Boy, let me tell you, the weirdest thing about knowing your parents read your comic is getting upset messages from your mom whenever you write a bad thing happening to a child character.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Jackard posted:

Crush Saga Does Not Disappoint
Buttlord Crush Saga is the hero we both deserve and want.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
How the hell does it keep getting better :psyduck:

Morbi posted:

Boy, let me tell you, the weirdest thing about knowing your parents read your comic is getting upset messages from your mom whenever you write a bad thing happening to a child character.

Thank you for reassuring me that you have the best motivation to not go off the rails and give poppy a Bad End. Christmas would get super awkward if you did.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 14, 2015

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
my favorite webcomic is megaGAMERZ3l33t

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Looks like String Theory is updating again. :allears:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Cool Dad noooooo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
As totally l337 as M'lady-kun's pwnage is there, I'm reminded of how Andy's art is less kawaii than Neid's. He's like the off model inbetweener.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

It sort of looks like "School of World" (http://schoolofworld.tumblr.com/) is gearing up for an ending, which I'll be sad about.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

fritz posted:

It sort of looks like "School of World" (http://schoolofworld.tumblr.com/) is gearing up for an ending, which I'll be sad about.

School of World is really charming. It's like the kind of comic you'd read in a newspaper (three panels, gag-a-day with the occasional longer storyline) except enjoyable.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

HorseRenoir posted:

remember apothecia

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

fritz posted:

School of World is great and doesn't get nearly enough love. I'm not surprised he's leading towards an ending, but it's still sad.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Samog posted:

remember apothecia

apothecia was rad as gently caress though?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no you see the artist likes stories with body-sharing elements in them, and we can't enjoy stories with slightly weird elements unless the creator has no interest in said weirdness because reasons

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apothecia was good but the pacing went a little weird at the end, it probably would have been better with a tad more plot set in the post-fungus world before the monster's capture, or no time... gently caress i can't remember the phrase, time something? at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
time-skip?

• Locked thread