Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Jackard posted:

Crush Saga Does Not Disappoint

Good to see the third-string animation team is still getting work.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So for the last two weeks in Demon, we've been watching yet another impossible scenario where Jimmy is engaged in a freefall battle to the death that should have lasted no more than 43 seconds. Said battle to the death finally ended today, and I encourage everyone to go look at the result.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tollymain posted:

no you see the artist likes stories with body-sharing elements in them, and we can't enjoy stories with slightly weird elements unless the creator has no interest in said weirdness because reasons

there was something disappointing about realizing the entire point of the story was setting up someone's fetish. like, the buildup, the plot, the character development and then what it leads to is: "So then they merged into one body and walked off into the sunset" and nothing else was accomplished

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

there was something disappointing about realizing the entire point of the story was setting up someone's fetish. like, the buildup, the plot, the character development and then what it leads to is: "So then they merged into one body and walked off into the sunset" and nothing else was accomplished

You would have found the story actually substantially better if you had not read a twitter post that the author enjoys stories where people share a body?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Even if body merging was the author's fetish, so what? People like all kinds of things for all kinds of dumb reasons; all that matters is whether what you've created suffers from that influence and Apothecia doesn't suffer from being obviously fetishistic, it suffers from feeling kind of inconsequential and pointless.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Next you'll be telling me that Homestuck is some sort of weird fetish comic...

...oh god.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Next you'll be telling me that Homestuck is some sort of weird fetish comic...

...oh god.
Only when horses are involved.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neogeo0823 posted:

So for the last two weeks in Demon, we've been watching yet another impossible scenario where Jimmy is engaged in a freefall battle to the death that should have lasted no more than 43 seconds. Said battle to the death finally ended today, and I encourage everyone to go look at the result.

you know, i'm not sure what i expected

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the plus side, at least sweetpea has two daddies now

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

I don't think it's unreasonable to be let down. That comic had a fairly cool start and a fairly lame ending. Worse, that lame ending was actually a fetish thing, so probably their next project will end similarly.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Tollymain posted:

Neither was anyone in the comments section, apparently.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

chiefnewo posted:

Good to see the third-string animation team is still getting work.
The art may be rougher but he really nailed the expression in that second panel.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

neogeo0823 posted:

That may be one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a webcomic.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Jackard posted:

The art may be rougher but he really nailed the expression in that second panel.

I thought for sure you were going to link to this second panel.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Every time my interest starts to wane, Demon does something to pull me back in :allears:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
To all those who doubted Demon, I ask, "Who's loving whom, now!?" :v:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
My favorite part is the "whom." Jimmy is absolutely the kind of dude who would use whom.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

What does the thread think of Supermassive Black Hole A*?

It's a hard sci-fi story about the human diaspora living in the galactic core (near the eponymous stellar body) and follows two characters, a revenge-driven engineer and an absolutely batshit crazy mercenary who's a lot more than meets the eye. Much of the conflict centers around the pursuit of very advanced technology left behind by a famous inventor during humanity's emigration to the core.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Was browsing Imgur and found this http://imgur.com/a/BqTvD?gallery

http://brandontheoutcast.tumblr.com/

Synopsis : What if the creepy little ghost girl from The Ring was an actual little girl growing up and not a killer (But still Psychotic). Pretty enjoyable! I linked the imgur gallery because I don't like tumblr format comic stuff. As light hearted as a comic about a creepy little magic horror girl can be.

khy fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 17, 2015

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tenebrais posted:

You would have found the story actually substantially better if you had not read a twitter post that the author enjoys stories where people share a body?

No, actually, it ended pretty flat to me like I said above "A thing happened and then they were merged. the end." finding out it was all because someone wanted to set up for their very specific interests explained it but didn't really improve the ending at all

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The entire second part of Apothecia fell flat to me. None of it worked. The characters were all stupid, including the protagonist, and their actions made no sense.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
It was pretty dumb.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Cat Mattress posted:

The entire second part of Apothecia fell flat to me. None of it worked. The characters were all stupid, including the protagonist, and their actions made no sense.

True enough... there was a big timeskip and apparently interesting stuff happened during that which we'll never learn about and somehow in the aftermath everyone was deprived of common sense

In better news, we finally got some shocking revelations about one of the most mysterious characters in Band vs Band: Turpentine's cat

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

wiegieman posted:

What does the thread think of Supermassive Black Hole A*?

It's a hard sci-fi story about the human diaspora living in the galactic core (near the eponymous stellar body) and follows two characters, a revenge-driven engineer and an absolutely batshit crazy mercenary who's a lot more than meets the eye. Much of the conflict centers around the pursuit of very advanced technology left behind by a famous inventor during humanity's emigration to the core.

This rules. You should post some art.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
From the political cartoons thread:

What I read from this is, "Thunt me, please Thunt me. Thunt, Thunt, Thunt."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSOS3mzTeFA

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I have just realized that "Prague Race" is a pun. It's very distressing!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rand Brittain posted:

... poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But that's not how it's pronounced...

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

SynthOrange posted:

But that's not how it's pronounced...

It is down here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So I was reading through Poppy O'Possum again and some of the foreshadowing in this chapter was pretty nuts.

I mean, that giant boar that wrecked the place up got big because it was fed something "unnatural." And Valente showed up because he got a tipoff from some weird monk who giggles all the time. And I wonder where that weird hand got off to?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Oxxidation posted:

I mean, that giant boar that wrecked the place up got big because it was fed something "unnatural." And Valente showed up because he got a tipoff from some weird monk who giggles all the time. And I wonder where that weird hand got off to?

Oh my loving god, are you serious? :suspense:

I never would have noticed that in a million years, Morbi you are incredible!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been wondering when I should stop reading Demon. Now seems like a good time.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
My comic got added to Hiveworks! :buddy: I'm really excited.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Rand Brittain posted:

...okay, no, I still don't get it. Kindly enlighten my dipshit self.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

fun hater posted:

My comic got added to Hiveworks! :buddy: I'm really excited.

i like it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

...okay, no, I still don't get it. Kindly enlighten my dipshit self.

Progress.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I know the English can be a bit janky in Prague Race, but that's a bit of a stretch, both the pun itself and how it relates to the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SynthOrange posted:

I've been wondering when I should stop reading Demon. Now seems like a good time.

I should definitely stop reading it at work, that's for drat sure.

I think this whole scene is kinda just there to poo poocumfart in the face of anyone who, like me, got bored of the comic but kept reading on for whatever reason. Once again, I feel like I want this to just skip to the end so I can see who dies and move on.

At least it's the most "fun" Jimmie's had in like 200 years?

• Locked thread