Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They killed an entire family in this fight. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

SynthOrange posted:

They killed an entire family in this fight. :smith:

They've killed a lot more than just this family.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I used to really enjoy Unlife, but something about the latest arc has just turned me off hardcore. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe something about the downward spiral of the protagonist making lovely decisions, reinforced by life just loving him over mercilessly, I'm not really able to adequately describe it... It's just not enjoyable for me to read anymore. :saddowns:

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

How have I not known about Unsounded until now?! Just hit chapter four (so still a ways to go to catch up) and I'm really impressed. Neat world. Fun characters. Often very funny. Sometimes quite dark.

Usually tons of stuff going on on every page, and little things like the tip jar sight gag here are great:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Unsounded has its own thread! It is indeed a quality webcomic. You might be re-evaluating your estimation of how dark it is as you read on.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Tenebrais posted:

Unsounded has its own thread! It is indeed a quality webcomic. You might be re-evaluating your estimation of how dark it is as you read on.

Just wrapped up chapter seven and the darkness has indeed cranked up quite a bit...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sleepless Domain: Yeah, there's no way everyone's walking away from this with full use of all of their limbs.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The triumphant return of the doctors adventures of Navaan: http://oglaf.com/trousersnake/ (obviously not worksafe you moron!)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I wish Oglaf's back and forward buttons made more sense, you can never tell if there's a second part to a comic without clicking next page on every single one if you're reading backwards.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Dabir posted:

I wish Oglaf's back and forward buttons made more sense, you can never tell if there's a second part to a comic without clicking next page on every single one if you're reading backwards.

Actually, you can look at the bottom right corner of each comic page. If it's the last page of the update, the corner is cut off. If the corner is intact, there's another page.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Alhazred posted:

The triumphant return of the doctors adventures of Navaan: http://oglaf.com/trousersnake/ (obviously not worksafe you moron!)

I gotta say, Oglaf was really starting to wear me off. Its one-off gags more often than not have been kinda eh, ever more so lately. But I'm all for this ridiculous doctor's shenanigans.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I want Ivan to come back. Or failing that, more True Slut Adventures.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oglaf is pretty much filling the same niche that Sexy Losers did, for better or worse, necrophilia jokes and all.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I just noticed a great detail in the latest Buttlord: Crush Saga.

Most people caught that the second-string animation was still getting work as soon as the battle started, but Snowflake began recording for his youtube channel as soon as he stepped out of his CoolDad's ship (he's actually dictating the video's title to his phone, not delivering a sick dis as Huge predicted).

Kevin posts the video immediately after the fight ends.

Despite the battle lasting for only a few pages, Snowflake still managed to record nearly an hour and a half of footage. :haw:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Literally Kermit posted:

I just noticed a great detail in the latest Buttlord: Crush Saga. Despite the battle lasting for only a few pages, Snowflake still managed to record nearly an hour and a half of footage. :haw:
:drat:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
If Neckbeard Trunks is not named "Jorts" I am going to be highly disappointed.

Unless it's something funnier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oglaf is pretty much filling the same niche that Sexy Losers did, for better or worse, necrophilia jokes and all.

I must have missed all the necrophilia jokes in For Better Or Worse.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Heresiarch posted:

Oh my god yes

You quoting it made me realize I really could have left out half my post, but at the time I had just realized the significance of his opening line, and I reflex-sperged :sax:

Snowflake was so utterly unconcerned about making the ultimate and was going to skip to the rear end-stomping part, which is in fact, pretty much the ultimate dis to the Butt-Warriors or whatever they're called.

In before it really is their canon name

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I must have missed all the necrophilia jokes in For Better Or Worse.
The author did set up the fictional version of her real-life son with a girl he used to date who died, but who she decided he should be with instead. Does that count?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

FactsAreUseless posted:

The author did set up the fictional version of her real-life son with a girl he used to date who died, but who she decided he should be with instead. Does that count?

She truly was a pioneer.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

It is with great regret that I must report his name is probably Crush, son of Huge

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Reiley posted:

It is with great regret that I must report his name is probably Crush, son of Huge

Wouldn't Crush be the equivalent of Cell?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you want to get technical Trunks's appearance was a prelude to the Android Saga, which itself was a prelude to the Cell Saga, and though they were all connected they are considered individual sagas by leading historians.On top of this, Trunks' appearance precedes Goku's return from Planet Yardrat, whereas here the Goku standin Kevin is already present and out of shape. Additionally, The "GT" monicker belongs to the Grand Tour series, an ill-fated followup to the post-Buu Dragonball Saga and despite being a parody of the Frieza Saga, Buttlord GT was still called GT..

In summary, The Buttlord series is more of a derivative, self-standing work than a direct moment-for-moment aping of Dragonball Z

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

In summary, The Buttlord series is more of a derivative, self-standing work than a direct moment-for-moment aping of Dragonball Z

Surely you jest!

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Reiley posted:

The urge to argue with maximum sperg about a Dragonball parody comic is overwhelming and I am resisting with great difficulty.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Just because I know a few people here read my comic Widdershins, thought I'd just drop in that the Kickstarter for the fifth volume is ending in less than 48 hours.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
New Lackadaisy. Excellent art as always.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dangerous Person posted:

New Lackadaisy. Excellent art as always.

Good grief. Worse than tattooing like some speculated, they ritually scarified Mordecai against his will. I mean, he's probably mostly pissed off because of cleanliness and asymmetry, but still. That's pretty messed up.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Question! I checked out of lackadaisy right around the first time Mordecai went psycho on some guys with a woodaxe (and the pieces got fed to some pigs).

How much more content has been added since then, and how regular are updates presently?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renaissance Robot posted:

Question! I checked out of lackadaisy right around the first time Mordecai went psycho on some guys with a woodaxe (and the pieces got fed to some pigs).

How much more content has been added since then, and how regular are updates presently?

That was a while ago, and it's updating about twice a month now. Sometimes a bit slower (last few updates had a month between them, though they were also rather long pages), but the goal is at least twice a month.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Anyone else (still) reading Girl Genius?

How like to Foglios to drag this out for months and then pull a "your princess is in another castle" :haw:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
As far as the Foglio's notorious issues with pacing go, this doesn't feel like it has dragged on for months. I guess after Mechanicsburg, nothing ever will.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

like that much again, maybe a bit more

a whole lot more if you count drawings of the cats as humans/drawings of the assassin cats who don't hang out together anymore bantering/etc

it really updates in fits and starts but a lot more work seems to be going into the newer pages too, cause they're fucken gorgeous and make the old ones look drab

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 1, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

As far as the Foglio's notorious issues with pacing go, this doesn't feel like it has dragged on for months. I guess after Mechanicsburg, nothing ever will.

Yeah, this seems pretty reasonably paced to me. We're

- Getting a look at the Master of Paris, who has been mentioned lots before now a clever and powerful player in the mad-science game
- Giving Agatha a chance to play with more Heterodyne tech, building up a gunrack of Chekov's Guns she can pull out at some future point in a fit of madness
- Putting her in a place where the new Baron can't just immediately show up again and drag her away, keeping that story note from hitting over and over again

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i just picked up Kill Six Billion Demons again, and if im understanding this correctly did the Conquering King show up to tap Allison to take out the seven demiurges? thats kind of a weird choice, but i guess hes the god-figure.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

i just picked up Kill Six Billion Demons again, and if im understanding this correctly did the Conquering King show up to tap Allison to take out the seven demiurges? thats kind of a weird choice, but i guess hes the god-figure.

more or less

it's not clear why or if it was really supposed to be her and not her boyfriend (or why he'd be any better a pick), that's kinda the big question behing the plot rn, and dude's not the most lucid of dead guys

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

He was on the run and needed to hide that key, he put it where his pursuers wouldn't look.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
And Erfworld has lost its artist again.

Man, I really like Erfworld, but at this point I think it would be less of an interruption for the writer to just go to art school himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

This is cute and fun.

http://www.peppercarrot.com/

• Locked thread