Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

GloriousDemon posted:

I'm glad we have a new thread so I can get on the ground floor of some of these discussions, so many times in the old thread people would say oh Jim Bob and Mary Sue are going nuts with the fugalzor in this update, and I was left the outside going, who what?

It really didn't help with there is literally six billion comics named Demon. Solid title idonotlikepeas.

That time the demon attacked the demon on demon with the demons, that was pretty demonic though.

Don't forget Ava's Demon.

Also, looking at the OP, I decided to click an adorable sounding comic name/description, so I read (Happy Birthday,) Job Dog. I was not expecting what I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Speaking of comics about birds, Astral Aves has given us a new one to love.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

So speaking of Demon-related comics, what's up right now with Ava's Demon? It went on random hiatus awhile back, did one update a month or so ago, and is still in the void right when we got to the really good part.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Megazver posted:

Also, I noticed that three out of four groups of Inheritors have names - humans, devils, angels - but the fourth one doesn't. It's triggering my nerd OCD. How about 'spirits'? That seems like a good fit.
I think that the Servants, based on the picture of them during 2 Michael's recap hour, are collectively several subspecies of varying appearance, nature, and power. We know that they are immortal, free-willed, but originally designed for various tasks. Based on his description in one of the giant Hell overview pictures as a "fallen gatekeeper", that Preem Praman Nand, the Androsphinx guildmaster, is as much a Servant as any of the random mooks with heads like beltbuckles.

The Devils, while also varied, have actual mutual common traits and theoretically can evolve across forms as their power and names grow(?).

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

That devil is much too un-imposing to be an Ebon. He's furry, so he's probably actually just an old Crimson.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Operant posted:

Well, he was supposed to be an old crimson devil. But I'm going to roll with it and just thought of an interesting bit or two, so this is about to get far more horrifying.

The fact that you're willing to change up established plans to make things more interesting is a thing I like about your work, :kheldragar:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I read it as a Loss comic before I realized that was actually the comic. Filyaw is a genius

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Atheris posted:

Both Lackadaisy and Ava's Demon have updated.

This isn't an April Fool's joke, they really have.

The background music existing seems somewhat April Foolsy to me. Having a slow playing version of Eight Melodies from Earthbound going on while reading the update was not the most suitable.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

I think the real reveal is this is the first time we've seen "Steel Heel" Ofelia in anything other than silhouette. I didn't even know she was a possum.

She had a bit more lore about her gathered from q&as somewhere across the internet. She's a short tailed possum bounty hunter who became infamous for utterly wrecking the poo poo out of a mafia family that killed her husband. May or may not have some degree of Poppyesque freakish strength too, but I heard that part from another source and they could have been guessing.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Morbi, I've got a question that's been bugging me. In your comic, opossum women don't have breasts, as a biological rule. Why does Poppy bother to stuff her shirt?

I think it was said once that the padding was for actual chest protection, what with the weak heart and all

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Today in Poppy O'Possum, things take a bit of a mood change, and people are speculating like mad about what exactly is happening.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Tollymain posted:

hm.

what's with the shot of lily, i wonder

where is this speculation taking place

4chan's /co/, unfortunately. The gist of it is as follows: Code Blue (aka heart attack) in the life support unit, the rabbits opening the back and reaching into a compartment that a tail can be seen sticking out of at the bottom, combined with new assumed context to the earlier panels of Kit going "I see ohmygod you brought Father along" and Fantomet responding, "What's wrong, don't like the new chair?", and the page where Fantomet talks about the trouble with controlling the tumor's magic to keep King Darling alive and saying to Kit that "You, of all people, should be able to see what we've had to resort to" while rabbits talk about heartrate monitoring in the chair in the background, all leads up to the theory that they've got a (possibly child due to the size of the chair) opposum shoved in there to keep the tumor's magic locked down. Possum's heart stopped, the antimagic field's gone, Papa Darling's getting nutso.

...Which coincidently also might answer your first question :kheldragar:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

We're supposed to meet Henrod at some point, aren't we? :v:

e: So after hearing incidental pieces of the story for the past nearly 2 years from reading this thread, I finally decided to binge-read all of Demon. I'm not... entirely sure what to think

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 24, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Morbi answered a series of questions between last comic and today on his Tumblr basically saying "An oppossum's antimagic renders it unable to teleport or be teleported by any means", and Reynaud & Co (& Chair) poofed in to arrive, so the mystery thickens.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

It felt more like, after seeing what was in the chair, being a punching bag for her stepmom, seeing her father's own casual racism, then finding out that not only Poppy found out what was in the chair but that she is not as offended as she predicted (presumably), Kit was going "gently caress it" and going to do something drastic.

I'm assuming Kit's plan now is to sleep for 24 hours then go back into the lab for another week straight and figure out the drat cure.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

quote:

Lesbians in webcomics

\
Overly Concerned Gay Lion

(Where the hell did I originally see this comic/that line from?)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Morbi posted:

I assure you, the contents of Monday's page are going to more than compensate for how dark the undertones of the comic have been recently.
It was literally the first page I wrote for this chapter, and I've been vibrating in anticipation for months about it.

Today in Poppy O'Possum...

I was not expecting that.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

I legitimately can't tell if Ricky boy in Poppy is angry because he suspects something is going on, and doesn't like it, or if he's just being his regular stern self. Panel 2 is giving me cause for doubt in particular. How much did he really hear though given that he, apparently, rushed in at 200% breakneck speed?

In these troubling times, I turn to "Hello, apparently" to quell all doubts. :allears:

If you're the Queen's bodyguard and let her, extremely tired, wander off to go do a thing, and the next time you hear about her, she's being carried to an undermanned infirmary while she scream at own broken rear end, you're likely to be a mite frazzled when you teleport in.

Also: Oh Mary :all ears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

This recent chain of Foglio chat is making me really mad that I can't find my goddamned copy of the first several Buck Godot comics, I got it as a door prize at a sci-fi con I went to earlier this year and it's really good and it is nowhere to be found :argh:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

neogeo0823 posted:

Just so we're clear, you guys do remember that the humans appearing in the comic thing was one of the bits of the April Fools comic, right? And there's already a proven thing where some stuff in those comics actually comes true. Granted, humans are very out of place in this setting as a rule, but I guess I can live with having 1 or a couple or whatever as the general attendants to god. It'd be especially hilarious if this whole universe turned out to be like some weird altered reality where the gods are just house cats, the attendants are the cat owners, and all other animals are just wild animals roaming around the neighborhood.

Ahahaha and the little title over that piece of April Fools Joke is "Pay no attention to that (hu)man behind the curtain" and we find a human behind the Veil of Ignorance

Morbi you delightfully trolly bastard :allears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Rand Brittain posted:

Speaking of demon-based comics, Ava's Demon finally updated with a big video.

:staredog:

Apparently earlier when Ava said a big performance was about to happen, she actually meant she was going to cover Night on Bald Mountain

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Is...Friedrich about to get MIB memory wiped by Lila? :ohdear:

I figured that tag meant he's going to get physically teleported in for an emergency briefing. What you said is equally as likely.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

I can enjoy EGS on a day to day basis, but whenever I step back and consider what is actually supposed to be happening, it's insane. He keeps tossing big plot points and foreshadowing up into the air and insisting that they'll come down eventually.

Trying to remember what's still on The Big Plot Stack, running purely off memory of this doofy webcomic:

Lord Tedd et al, Magus, Sirleck, Abraham 2.0, Elliott's Immortals, Tedd's Mom, Griffons 2.0/Other Dimension.

Currently Happening: Pandora/The Clog(/Pandora's other marks)

Assumedly Next/Soon: Luke's investigation group

Who cares: Dates

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Past few pages of the thread got me reading O Human Star, it's p good

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Avshalom posted:

in fact i act just like that irl

Friend Avshalom, can you recommend a good comic about birds

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

That's the one that absconds with the Kickstarter money right

No, Morbi is playing the role of the Statue of Liberty's head.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Woah Tuna

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Today in Poppy, an old joke comic fragment Morbi drew like two years ago during the Gang War arc finally becomes canon.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

key party favors posted:

Hi. I make Astral Aves, and you guys have given me some pretty helpful crit. Recently, life has gotten in the way of a regular update schedule...but I am glad some people are still reading. I realize I've been focusing on improving my art over my writing, but I hope things will pay off soon. Thanks for reading, and I will definitely try my best to give you the best story I can. If anyone has any questions or comments, I'll do my best to answer them.

Please never stop giving all the characters magnificent bouffonts.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Woah Poppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

khy posted:

Decided to get caught up on Astral Aves after not reading for like a year or so.

Is it me or does Astra look really tired recently? I think I understand the look the Author's going for (Making her more and more like her dad) but it just makes her look like she really needs a nap.

Well she did get stabbed in the most recently times.

• Locked thread