Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Jackard posted:

Crush Saga Does Not Disappoint

Good to see the third-string animation team is still getting work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

khy posted:

SO many good webcomics out there that make a strong start, then peter out into nothingness. It's so depressing.

Or are weekly updates, so you're guaranteed not to see it finished before the next ice age.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

300 pages to get out of the drat door. I'll come back for the epic conclusion in 2035, I think.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

I'm pretty sure the idea is that by combining all the CC charges into the same time they can reduce fees charged by the credit card company, and therefore pass more money on to the creators.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I think he just looks like that and nobody ever comments on it.

For some reason it just turns me off the comic. He can clearly draw faces so it's not a crutch. It just seems like this pointless detail that takes me out of the story.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

mr. stefan posted:

Before I scrolled down I was legit expecting Bina's dad to just slap the poo poo out of him and bypass all this shounen monster nonsense entirely

I agree, just kick the rest of his teeth in, problem solved.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Every time I think of trying to read Homestuck I remember I'm still not in the mood to try and decipher 16 kinds of bullshit 1337speak in various eye-damaging colours.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Maybe this will be blindly obvious in the next panel but I don't understand why exactly did Petunia feel the need to grab that sand.

To protect Poppy. Whatsis-face whose name I can't remember was throwing the sand in Poppy's eyes and Petunia felt the need to defend her.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

yeah I keep meaning to mention it but I invariably forget about it

Same.

Also I find it amusing to pretend that Rjinder isn't going to something bugfuck crazy about Shell being wound up. Instead the whole problem fades away, with the teens having no idea why they're suddenly not being pursued any more, not knowing that bureaucracy and economics were their saviours.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Pavlov posted:

Ok today's dumbing of age kind of pisses me off. If you're going to do drama, do loving drama and own it. If you're going to do content warnings do them up front.

Don't do a big song and dance about trigger warnings deep into your ongoing comic, then apologize for that content afterwards. You might as well not even do the strip.

Why are you bothering to read Willis rehashing all his old poo poo again? Don't be another victim of Webcomics Inertia.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

aegof posted:

I watched that video, then went and read the whole comic since it was pretty and cool. Ava's Demon is good, but I wish I had waited another fifty or sixty years to read it.

Fixed that for you.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

It does! And I liked how they handled A New Hope, and the Darth Vader is Padme twist, but I just...

:shrug:

I agree. The prequels worked as the ridiculous "tabletop game gone wrong" helped mock the silliness of the plot. The original trilogy isn't being made fun of however, just followed along with a couple of minor twists.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

The codpiece is too small.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

khy posted:

Tower of God, The Gamer, and Noblesse are the most obvious suggestions.

Unordinary's one of my current favorites.

Dice is really enjoyable.

Girls of the Wilds isn't bad if you're into fanservice.

Nano List and Gepetto have the whole 'androids and robots are people' thing going which I always enjoyed in my sci-fi.

I hear good things about Sword Interval, but I didn't get far. It's not bad, it's just too many other comics piqued my interest. You should try it though.

Girls of the Wilds was fun. My favourite part was when the main character was unintentionally being an rear end in a top hat by not acknowledging the feelings of the two girls who were into him. It's a first for me seeing someone actually point that out to a character in a harem-type manga/manwha. Ending spoilers: Unfortunately the ending was a bit predictable based on the "first girl I see is the one that gets picked" cliche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Speaking of long-awaited updates, everyone's favorite webcomic about Prohibition-era cats is back in the running. And it's still mindbogglingly gorgeous.

All my money on the Amazing Spatula for the win.

• Locked thread