Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Yes, that is the joke, congrats on deciphering it.

Thank you. It's fun to see because you get conditioned to expect the opposite without even realizing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

...That's fair.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Have you ever wondered if Petunia has like

Traumatic experiences

Maybe of the childhood variety?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Nice to have Poppy back. Lily making progress is a great sign, though we'll see if Kit winds up neglecting her relationships as much as her sleep schedule.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not sure which I'd prefer, Boris to get more actively involved once in a while or to just continue to be The Chillest Background Guyfriend Who Has An Outrageous Stage Persona.

He's great either way you slice it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

She's got three comics on the go, actually. Sleepless Domain, Let's Speak English, and my favorite of the three: Kiwi Blitz which is actually heading into its final story arc, or has been for a while now anyway because she keeps putting it on the backburner to focus on LSE and Sleepless Domain.

I didn't realize this was meant to be building to a finale already in Kiwi Blitz. On the one hand I'll be sad to see it go but I have every confidence that Cagle will resolve things in a way that feels right.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Blitz has been running for quite a while now (8 years).

Oh I know. I just came to it late so it still doesn't ~feel~ like the plot has gone super far. And now this junk with Steffis mom coming to light.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm sorry Boris you had a good run as best tertiary character but MMMMMMAAAAGIC Rabbit is too powerful.

Also this Bad Machinery story is ending on an oddly flat note thus far. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

He has said he is doing exactly that, yes.

(At least for Bad Machinery specifically, he's planning to move on to other, more gingery parts of the Bobbinsverse)

Shelley right? Man I do not and have never given a gently caress about Shelley. Oh well I guess.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

feetnotes posted:

Gonna miss Bad Machinery but also sorry the Mystery Boys turned into worthless idiots before the end. Every character's always had traits to laugh at, but Jack and Linton especially became consistent punchlines and actively harmful to every investigation :( why

I think it's because John Allison only writes three characters for the most part.

Manic pixie girl what does what she wants, sensible girl, and gormless idiot boy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Oh my god Poppy :kimchi:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Now that's using your head, Poppy.

I see Petunia subscribes to the Miyamoto Musashi "be an incredible bastard" school of combat

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Settle down nerd

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Looks like the main conflict of the latest chapter of Poppy is about to become clear(er). poo poo just escalated.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I want every scene involving Friedrich to include indifferent babysitting forever more, amen.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

The Poppy/Kit stuff is the worst part of the comic.

Nah that's silly. Besides the fact that it's cute and decent representation, there's a good amount of issues to explore in the relationship. Class divide, Poppy's mortality, whether it's really sunk in for Kit yet that she's signing up to be a mom, etc.

It's good storytelling material. Well, that and it seems like the broader strokes story arc of Poppy O'Possum relies on Poppy's connection to the Queen being the catalyst for her introduction to a wider, more adventurous world.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Kiwi Blitz moving up to twice a week here soon :toot:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

On the one hand I'm really looking forward to seeing how this situation escalates out of control in Poppy

On the other hand I'm really dreading this situation escalating out of control please be okay Kit, and also preferably don't side with the fat evil bird :ohdear:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

Every young webcomic artist today grew up consuming the same Cartoon Network/Disney/Nicktoons nonstop from the cradle and on into their adulthood. The style we see today is an amalgam of the most popular and/or gayest of these cartoons, reinforced by academic instructors who are increasingly influenced by the same material as their students.

CURSE THOSE IVORY TOWER LIBERAL ACADEMICS

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Wittgen posted:

Kit gets the best faces.

I dunno, the various Poppy :T faces we're getting as she bulldozes through the social formalities are p good too.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, Poppy is easily top three of comics I'm reading, but I sympathize with Morbi's situation. You do you, ya can't force it~

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

I know you assholes are gonna jump down my wizened scotch hardened throat for this but Poppy just seems like a furry webcomic with some weird magic anime poo poo going on and I don't get why its such a break away hit with goon-

You know what, I think I get it.

Same reason people enjoy Lackadaisy. The characters in Lackadaisy are also animal people but that's not really the point. There's way more to being furry than the presence of animal people my friend.

Go check out the Major\Minor LP in the LP subforum if you wanna see what that subculture can look like. :shepicide:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

In Poppy news:

Watch a high powered telekinetic kill literally everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Today's Bad Machinery, featuring: an all too believable characterization of a child.

:ughh: drat it Scout.

• Locked thread