Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
QC has bad pacing, it's hard to tell if a couple days have passed or several weeks sometimes.

Much like real life, it's a string of boring poo poo interspersed with the occasional interesting thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

A cool foreshadowing trick is to go back through your early stuff and pick out some incidental detail or character you added and then hitch your idea to that, so it looks like you laid the groundwork years in advance when all you did was just scroll back.

This is basically what Andrew Hussie does 100% of the time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Demon is just so dumb but I feel
like it would make an absolutely bonkers movie.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed the latest Poppy update.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
You can do it yourself if you've got the dosh, You just gotta chop it into pieces, buy avatar changes for all the blocks of it and save the urls of the images, buy the top part last, then use IMG tags to slam it all together.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The next several updates will be a series of photos of Jason Shiga setting up an elaborate and grisly suicide and resuming control of the comic in someone else's body.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

Sleepless Domain is on Haitus for the month whilst Mary (who's taking over the art duties) gets a backlog up. Also the main character is Undine for reasons that remain completely beyond me.

Well aside from the fact that everyone else is fuckin dead

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

I meant why from a writing perspective, not a narative one.

because she's cute??????

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

fun hater posted:

Honey Crab is great and good and only just started so now's the best time to get into it. Very interesting and cool animated/page transition stuff that takes advantage of the medium. Done by the same person who did I Want You To Feel The Pressure. Also has a Patreon!

This is really cool but it just drives me crazy when a comic doesn't have a rss feed. I stopped visiting a shitload of bookmarks for my comics every day like ten years ago, I'm too forgetful to keep track of poo poo nowadays.

Like, just a feed with a link to the site every time it updates is enough come on.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't know what I was expecting there.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think the disappointing thing about QC is it's like just right below good. Like Jeph is really close to having a much better comic he just doesn't go over that hump and do more interesting things with it. Instead he just keeps treading water.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
(bad is right below good)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
yeah what's wrong with erfworld? I mean aside from the guy not being able to decide if he wants a comic or a novel.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think we're about to see 1/6,000,000,000 demons killed :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, seemed like a stress response to me, not like, an overt attempt at intimidation like some kinda thug.

• Locked thread