Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

Enjoy the pacing while you can. The comic just spent almost an entire year in a diner.

Jesus christ has it really been a year? gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

khy posted:

Well it's been a fun comic up until now! Didn't realize it had slowed down so much until I got to the end.

It's regrettably slowed down since I've started working on making a game and I've periodically been doing contract work for What Pumpkin, so there's just not enough hours in the day to juggle everything. Thanks for the kind words though! It's always nice to hear, and I promise it's not abandoned.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

A cool foreshadowing trick is to go back through your early stuff and pick out some incidental detail or character you added and then hitch your idea to that, so it looks like you laid the groundwork years in advance when all you did was just scroll back.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

If Neckbeard Trunks is not named "Jorts" I am going to be highly disappointed.

Unless it's something funnier.

It is with great regret that I must report his name is probably Crush, son of Huge

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you want to get technical Trunks's appearance was a prelude to the Android Saga, which itself was a prelude to the Cell Saga, and though they were all connected they are considered individual sagas by leading historians.On top of this, Trunks' appearance precedes Goku's return from Planet Yardrat, whereas here the Goku standin Kevin is already present and out of shape. Additionally, The "GT" monicker belongs to the Grand Tour series, an ill-fated followup to the post-Buu Dragonball Saga and despite being a parody of the Frieza Saga, Buttlord GT was still called GT..

In summary, The Buttlord series is more of a derivative, self-standing work than a direct moment-for-moment aping of Dragonball Z

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

i put it all on the line. My butt cred.... is in tatters......

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bunny Meat is good. A bitter clove in the honeyed ham of life.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Uthor posted:

Yeah! She's working on a video game, so it updates like once a month.

I think I waited for the second Dead Winter book longer than I waited for the Pictures For Sad Children book.

Not as long as I've been waiting for Nicholas Gurewitch's upcoming book...

Send me an email I'll get this sorted out ASAP. Also I work one week on gamedev and one week on comics alternating these days, so I probably will never be able to hit the update frequency I used to ever again but I promise I'm still working constantly on Media Entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bless your kind heart.

• Locked thread