Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tesseraction posted:

Actually, these comics rule and are awesome.

Sorry, but you killed your sense of taste with the DDDG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Fat Merman/McNinja 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I like that Teeth Guy in K6BD. He knows what he wants.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Colon Semicolon posted:

So uhh, I dunno if I'm supposed to do this or not but here it goes.

I have a friend who's been working on a comic for quite a bit, and he's not had all that many readers tuning in. It's called Spiral of Nightmares, and it's a horror comic with oddly cutesy characters that's still building up steam towards some big conflict. (he hasn't let on to me what exactly that will be, though.) He mostly doesn't understand how to market his stuff, but i feel like maybe there's other issues? I personally like his art style, but I can definitely see how he needs improvement in form and other things. it can be found here or here.
I guess lemme know what you think of it and I'll relay it back to him.

You might get better feedback from this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721962

I read through the comic. I started to get really annoyed with how many closeups there were. Seems like there's a lot of exposition as well, which didn't really grab my attention. I am sad that Parappa lives in a nightmare world.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Does anyone read Erin Dies Alone on The Escapist? It's kind of a darker spinoff of Critical Miss, but they're taking the schtick where Erin hallucinates videogame characters more seriously.

For a person who apparently has been locked in self-imposed isolation for months, and subsists entirely on Hot Pockets, Erin appears to be in remarkably good physical condition.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Plethora posted:

Sorry for the deception there. There was no intention to upset anyone and I'm sorry if I did. I care a great deal about feedback because I want to be good at what I do, and it's a lot harder to get real people's opinions that it looks.

Yeah if you want feedback, the Making Comics Thread is where you want to be.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I laughed at Girl Genius today. Send Help.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Today's Girl Genius has the Foglios drawing some confusing pants geometry.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

It felt more like, after seeing what was in the chair, being a punching bag for her stepmom, seeing her father's own casual racism, then finding out that not only Poppy found out what was in the chair but that she is not as offended as she predicted (presumably), Kit was going "gently caress it" and going to do something drastic.

Personally, I'm hoping she pulls the Opossum out of the chair and kills her dad, but I'm tired of her racist family.

Edit: I fear Girl Genius is entering another castle.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I've seen a playplace at a Baltimore McDonald's recently, so they're not banned. I assume that a lot of locations closed them down because they're filthy disease factories that are considered more trouble than they're worth by management.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

mycot posted:

Erfworld? I think that was an artist/writer pair thing and the artist left.

Except Erfworld is still running as a Story With Pictures these days. I'd call it a comic, but the text pages seem to greatly outnumber the artwork whenever I check on it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Poppy Opossum is making me sad, you guys. Why can't Lily have nice things? :(

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Thanks Morbi for breaking us of the illusion that a small cloth can keep a child unconscious despite being waved around and in a room full of screaming adults.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

fritz posted:

Also I saw Foglio at a con a few years ago and, so god help me, my only thought was "oh, that explains his characters' faces."

Are you saying that he draws using a mirror?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

I used to read GG, but the period where a guest artist did a weird non-canon chapter with worse art than usual resulted in me putting it down and not picking it back up. That was long enough ago that I think I'd have to start from the beginning if I wanted to get back into it.

The worst part is, that guest artist did more than one guest story arc...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

So, ok, wait a minute. In Poppy, apparently Friedrich's spectral arm is actually just a semi-astral-projection that only encompasses the arm, and he can pull his whole spirit out and send it somewhere...

But in the dragon fight, he powered up and summoned like dozens of loving arms. How does that work? Can he split his astral projection? Could he take another one of those power tabs and summon like 6 spectral Friedrichs?

Forget about Friedrich's arm; let's talk about how cute the seal operator is.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

DD was interesting because it was this constant feed of bad that could keep a mock thread from getting too weird in breaks between updates combined with like..... an astounding talent for taking the most unimaginative or lazy way out of any conflict, usually while introducing really unfortunate implications about whatever topic was being covered (ie the only gay man in the comic having an obsessive crush on Dominic Deegan and also getting off on killing people and fantasizing about killing Dominic's girlfriend/fiance/wife so he could have Dominic all to himself). It was so thoughtless and low-effort but so, so successful in a way that's inexplicable today

DOWN
TOWN
EROSSUS

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I used to post on the Deegan Keenspot forums, and I can confirm that it was pretty much entirely comprised of people making fun of it and doing strip edits.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Deegan desperately wanted to be Slayers, at least at the start.

Esit: I just remembered that the only black character was mind controlled into attempting rape.

Then the sorceress died with her rear end in the air and the gay swordsman with a death fetish made a joke about it.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 22, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Inhibited Magic Syndrome?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Hooray! Poppy Opossum will have guest comics until things settle with Morbi's computer. Also there's a Jotaro hidden in this first guest strip.

Goataro

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

huh, so apparently earthsong somehow managed to come to an end last week? I remember trying to read that comic like five times and each time the entire intro chapter's art had been redone... and looks like it was redone again since the last time I checked years ago

yesssss, the cast page remains unsullied

All I remember I that the Lavender-skinned lady is probably Fantasy Jesus, and that the protagonist/antagonist dynamic reminded me heavily of Beast Wars.

Edit: Ah, she marries the vampire, who started out drawn as a moody bishonen and turned into Edward Cullen.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 27, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The lighting and low hum of ventilation and general shopping noise is what drains my energy whenever I'm at Ikea.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well Guilded Age finally took Chekov's Gun down off the mantle and fired it

http://guildedage.net/

RIP Iwatani. I can't tell if Taro's impertinence from before was just an act or not, based on this sudden shift in behavior. He's not normally this calm.

Oh no how shocking :geno:

This is the worst coup attempt.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Yo, today's Octopus Pie is p. great, you should read it. Mildly :nws: tho.

This made me smile on this grim loving morning.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They seem to get more intense in their conviction the more he tells them they're wrong.

A fairly standard reaction when people are told they are wrong.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Read all of Daughter of the Lilies a while ago, but I forget: the events of the plot so far take place over the course of what, like, a day?

What a bad day.

Edit: There's something half-charming and half-embarrassing about a comic that will gladly show people getting posessed, maimed, and mentally scarred, but will censor out someone flipping the bird or swearing.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm still enjoying it, but am kind of slowly coming to expect more and more that whatever Thistle's big face-secret is, it's gonna be either super cliche or super boring, probably both.

Edit Daughter of the Lilies, I mean.

I'm just kind of assuming it's "she is an angel/nephilim."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

At least the SFP author hasn't tried to pay an artist with a Chili's gift card.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

The only relevant thing I remember is that the M25 (the ring road that encircles London) turns out to be a giant magic circle/hellgate, having been designed by demons.

Crowley altered the designs so that all the frustration and road-rage caused by the M25 results in far more total evil/lost souls than a single artisinally-tempted soul. The shape also is a demonic rune that churns out low-level evil as people drive around it. Work Smarter, not Harder! Of course, his superiors do not appreciate his work in the slightest.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Dr. McNinja is pretty much all wrapped up at this point. It's nice to see things get tied off with a bow.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Autonomous Monster posted:

Nature of Nature's Art is debating the exact technical definition of rear end:

http://www.nofna.com/?T=1-1-58-155
http://www.nofna.com/?T=1-1-58-156

I was not 100% sold on this arc but it's starting to grow on me. :suspense:

Asses to asses. Dust to dust.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Whoa Poppy

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Wilde Life is putting out some really gorgeous artwork lately.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The latest arc of Wilde Life has been really good. Pretty stunning artwork, and a lot of nice quiet character moments among the weird supernatural stuff. Also the ghost lady is pining super hard for the protagonist and it's sad for her.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Seems ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mors Rattus posted:

I can't picture Young Chicadillo as anything but Chicadillo's Daughter in every possible way.

E: Semi-related, I always mentally think of it as Chick-a-dee-o rather than Chick-a-dill-o, is this correct

No, because it's Chicadino.

• Locked thread