Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I will defend Always Human to my dying breath. It's first season largely deals with getting the two protagonists together and it does the smart thing of making the conflict about the ongoing day to day of the relationship rather than will they / won't they.

Also it's about Body Mods and what having a body unable to being augmented might mean in such a world which is fun.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
My rewards for the Lets Speak English Kickstarter came in and I got the comic I wanted and I couldn't be happier with my commission (Which is an OC for a novel so I won't put it here)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

drat you, that was my first choice (and probably a lot of people's)!

I got my third choice. On reflection, I think I prefer that one to my second choice.

If it makes you feel better I'm going to get it framed.

My ALTs were Conjecture and Tactful

Cat Mattress posted:

Is there a Green Party in the UK?

Yes. They don't have much of a presence.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 6, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Good stuff given that this is endgame we're reaching here.

Which reminds me, I framed my LSE comic page. Right pain in the rear it is to find someone who will do to-order frame mats.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 29, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

There's several chain stores that'll do custom framing and matting...Micheal's, JoAnn's, Aaron Brothers.

I have several unusually-shaped items I've wanted to get framed & matted for years, but I've been too lazy.

I should clarify I meant getting that done over here (the UK) for anything less than your first born is a pain in the balls. Found a guy though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Always Human just wrapped and yeah. Pretty great all in all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zerilan posted:

Here's the actual Bukowski one.

Someone got their panties in a bunch now, didn't they?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

iospace posted:

I think it's so she can focus on sleepless domain.

She did mention once or twice that she'd want to do annother bio comic ala LSE. Plus given the likelihood of a SD v1 KS in the near future I'd imagine that's where KB's focus will go post mortem.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kiwi Blitz : Barkley's actually mentally stable? Come again?!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I think he just needs to shut up and jam her.

Kiwi Blitz: Part 5 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I'll have to go back and re-read the first chapters to see if his reasoning holds water because I'm pretty sure that Barkley comes off as a loving nut at the start of the comic. But yeah, that's a surprisingly sane take on the matter... for a man who apparently had the thought at one point "You know what sounds like a good idea? Working for Celeste Jones. Willingly."

But we'll see!

On the first matter it's probably a case of nine years of writing experience allowing the writer the ability to do nuance better.

On the latter, the comic's sorta shown sane people getting dragged into the whims of the insane largely due to being left without any option: that Tiger-girl to Alter for her SO, Ben to Steffi to a degree, Racoon pretty much being gaslighted into Alters cause.

Joining Alter on the platform of "They'll be the only ones to listen to me on even starting a conversation about AI Ethics (because the war put that much of a fear of AI as to ensure it never happens) or, failing that, leaving me the gently caress alone." is as rational as you could get given.

PMush Perfect posted:

I've been waiting weeks to make that joke.
Sorry 'bout that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

It looks like the climactic clash of Kiwi Blitz is finally about to begin. I'm honestly not sure who actually has the upper hand here because both Jones and Steffi are idiots who think they're smarter than they really are and there's quite a bit of "I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know" poo poo going on w/r/t how much of the last few scenes were actually "real" and how much of them were staged because Steffi and co. knew (or at least suspected) 42 was listening in on them.

That said, I do hope the dorky dog boy in the (ironic?) UW jacket makes it out of this alive. The dude's just some hapless 5th string loser who's in over his head thanks to Jones and is probably gonna get wrecked super hard once the fighting starts.

Just watch, the only survivor is going to be 42.

• Locked thread