Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I take the Ebert approach; I think it's incredibly good for what it's trying to do. Considering what I like to draw it would be pretty dumb for me to have any other opinion on that :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Where's the Rike joke? I can't find that one.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm waiting to catch up for DrMcNinja to be done (since otherwise I forget plot points), but I have a few of the books and it's a damned good comic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just got some of my Donna Barr art framed today and boy does she draw a nice horse.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Death Ray posted:

Thank you, Doctor. Silence is violence.

Yeah, I'd never fault your art in a million years--I was just unpacking some of my boxes of comics (just moved) and took a moment to appreciate the composition of your action shots in Weapon Brown. Heckuva thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't think agents are generally willing to work at the scale that would be most meaningful to developing comic artists. That said, monetizing a webcomic often starts the process of killing it, because running a business is a loving chore and almost everyone with a webcomic already has at least one other job.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I felt Basic Income Please's post-meltdown message demanding basic income from former supporters as a middle finger to capitalism completely misses the point that you can't exempt yourself from capitalism, much less by demanding money from others, which was earned by engaging in the capitalist system. It's just adding one degree of separation, classifying yourself as a dependent like a child; it doesn't mean the child doesn't live "under capitalism". And money was still requested because money is what Basic Income Please wanted to use in exchange for goods and services.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Avshalom posted:

the flock currently includes a bonded pair where the male is a guinea fowl and the female is a chicken, that is to say not even the same species. to bring this full circle, interspecies sex is a prominent theme in my webcomic, in fact it is the only theme in my webcomic apart from the timeless classic "is there any solid matter on earth that can't become a sexual object if you put tits on it"

A baby's mouth?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Renaissance Robot posted:

it's nearly midnight and i'm sat here dying of laughter and wracking coughs. Now I remember why I put you on ignore last time

what the hell

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Incredible

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's Nedroid's dickbutt of proving the opposite of the point of the original comic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kazinsal posted:

As far as webcomics that disappeared go, I've always wondered if someone somewhere has an archive of the missing Perry Bible Fellowship comics.

There was one called Spellshocked that I remember reading in middle school about a dragon. I don't think I cared that much for it one way or another but drat it, I remember it and wish I could see it again for whatever reason.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
God I'm going to miss Dr. McNinja :qq:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can't believe how expressive McNinja always was, despite having his mouth covered. I loved that comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why doesn't JJ's work cater to me, a man who mocks him for hurting himself?

• Locked thread