Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there some kind of chrome extension or something that makes tumblr readable? Like something that loads the earlier images and you can go through them like it's a real website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Carrasco posted:

It's ok, they apparently have the precision to apply a mob beating that leaves them unconscious, but not dead.

Also, are the conjoined twins on death row too...?

The whole death row thing isn't to appeal to Hunter's conscience, it's to appeal to the people in charge of letting him strap a bunch of people to a wall. He doesn't have to kidnap the SEALs or conjoined twins or commandos, he just has to pay them a bunch of money.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Renaissance Robot posted:

What is going on with Whomp lately? Is Ronnie okay? Real Ronnie I mean. I honestly can't tell but the whole thing seems disturbingly autobiographical, and also just plain disturbing. I'm fairly sure the overarching joke has always been "I'm a fat waste of air", but paging through the last dozen strips or so it seems much less light hearted about it than I remember.

Real Ronnie said on twitter that he's on a diet and has lost 30 pounds so far and still going, so he's probably fine.

I dunno how Whomp can survive if Ronnie isn't fat anymore though. I mean fictional Ronnie can be fat forever but if real life Ronnie isn't then I dunno if it'd still play right.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Honestly I've always wanted a comic about someone who loses their mind in self-imposed isolation and dies alone.

That may sound sarcastic but it's not.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

FlyinPingu posted:

too bad said comic also has a bunch of dumb unfunny videogame stuff in it

Yea, I know you have to have some kind of something to make it palatable to a human being but this is for sure not the way.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Carrasco posted:

But why would he do this?

I'm going with the "he's gonna break the fourth wall" idea, because Jimmy has no limits. He does not.

Why wouldn't he do that? Hunter's not the kind of guy who would kill that lady if there was another fairly easy option available.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

FlyinPingu posted:

I'm glad Demon is back on the subject of trying to infiltrate a castle that's guarded by 500 one-legged amputee navy seals and "the world's largest assemblage of conjoined twins"

This is really what the comic is all about, when you get right down to it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh wow these are great. I love it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Plethora posted:

Megumi is a character from Serious Engineering .

You have issues.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You don't have to brainwash a kid to get them to do what you want, give them like a minimum wage salary and they'll be riding high on what feels like a jillion dollars to them.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
To be fair, most of the people in this thread live in America, which means that every year they have to spend months listening to Christians in the media pretend that they're being oppressed by Obama/war on christmas/Muslims/gay people/etc even though they make up 80% of the country. One can see why themes of religious persecution against Christians might be annoying to someone reading the comic.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Plethora posted:

Same. I remember watching an anime (I can't remember the name, it wasn't spectacular anyway) three episodes in and only realized the two lead men were not the same person until they held a conversation in the same room. It blew my goddamn mind.

Anyway, does anyone know if Megg, Mogg, and Owl is updating? It's been a really long time since I've seen a new one posted.

I think Megg Mogg and Owl isn't a webcomic so much as it is a pencil+paper comic that the creator posts some pages of on tumblr sometimes. I think the creator is one of those stapled-together 'zine type people who makes physical comics for whatever small real-life audience they may find.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't know why people don't like this kind of stuff out of Demon, the comic is not supposed to be that serious, you know. Ending with Jimmy talking about how awesome he is for saving the world from being saved by an rear end in a top hat he doesn't like and acting like he's basically as great as god seems pretty fitting to me.

Dr Christmas posted:

It'll be pretty tough to do unless he body she has now was an astronaut or someone with a privately-owned spaceship before she got ahold of it.

I can only assume Jimmy's got some kinda wealth transfer set up between bodies.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tunicate posted:

So wait, jimmy's dad was evil for his entire life except one month I guess?

Well not necessarily evil, but certainly a selfish poo poo. I mean he's related to Jimmy, right?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Carrasco posted:

This is a good question though--we absolutely know that killing the monster kills its human,

Only if it's a vital organ, they killed that finger monster and the kid didn't die.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hogge Wild posted:

i don't think that you have to make up anything about that comic

That's what makes it annoying when people constantly do it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Uh staging a coup is one of the most radical things you can do. In like more than one way.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The strip makes perfect sense, it is absurd that not only did you misread it so poorly but you continue to do so after being corrected.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is it really so hard for you people to check a couple pages of someone's post history before engaging with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's the most realistic thing about the comic.

• Locked thread