Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

khy posted:

Power Nap continues to update regularly (IE : Once a week) and continues to own. I doubt the updates will stay regular given Maritza Campos' history, but I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.
Power Nap rules, but I'm once again confused about what's going on. So I'm taking it that the main character is in someone else's dream, hence his koala appearance (and how Kafka is a dancing printer). Do we know who muscle and faceless are?

Also how did he figure out that Cornelius was the janitor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

So in Dr. McNinja I definitely though it was Old McNinja, but now I'm guessing...evil clone? Doesn't seem like clones are too hard to come by in that universe.

Also dang, Dr. McNinja himself really deteriorated fast. I'm guessing the teeth thing is a ad-hoc sonar / echolocation thing to communicate with the merpeople?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I'm guessing it's for free because the bartender just saw someone teleport in, which in theory only the six kings can do (maybe?) wielding a giant fuckoff sword. You want that kind of person on your good side, and fast.

I had hoped that her last escapades with 86-Chain would've taught her that she should keep the lid pretty tight on the fact she has a unallied magus gate stuck in her head. I think mystery liquor is going to very rapidly drop to the bottom of her worries in about two minutes.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

:psyduck: The bad decision train in K6BD does not show any sign of slowing down.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I'm surprised Chloe knew it was an ebon devil -- I definitely thought it was like, the regular bestial one. I wonder what the rules are...I assume "defeat me in combat without harming me" or something equally impossible is against the rules, but who knows! maybe the comic will have eight pages of them playing chess while Operant builds up a buffer :v:

I have to say, as much as "charging headfirst into things" is going to cause problems in the future, I'm equally sure that Allison knew if she went "what's going on? wha bah bluh bluh" like she did in the beginning would result in her turning into a pile of red paste with a gate on top.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Well, invasion, or peaceful immigration? President Radical is endearing himself to the world over and acclimatizing them to all things radical. First they came with tiny hippos, and all that.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Dude's always been really interested in non-linear choose-your-path-style narratives. Check out this article for a rundown -- I own Meanwhile and it's pretty impressive how he remixes the traditional "choose your own adventure" system in a comic format.

I don't doubt that Jimmy will have evolved a flatsicle that can operate independently of his body, allowing him to jump not only bodies, but entire timelines. Hunter, naturally, develops the same ability. The resulting fight will take up the rest of the comic as they fight not only each other, but the time-clones of each other, each having made a slightly different decision that you, the reader, are in charge of.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

foreverial imprisoned Jimmy, fully permanently flasticalized
to be honest i thought that the flastical would be suffering whatever the flastical equivalent of blood loss/oxygen deprivation would be, considering that it's not connected to a body with a functioning heart or lungs. or hey, maybe his thousands of victims all flatsicaled up and blocked him in.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Calling Sparklelord still seems like a "release snakes to get rid of all the pigeons" strategy but it would be a interesting continuation of the theme that Dr. McNinja's one blind spot is King Radical.

Also for Demon, anyone who saw this coming please line up to receive your free complementary cum-knife.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

To be fair, cast pages are really rarely updated. Half the time you can hit them up to see character designs from another era, and bios that were written prior to the last four character arcs.

Also! Monster Pulse doesn't have a thread anymore right? So let's speculate! These guys seem really with-it to be those recursive abominations that were floated a few chapters ago, though they also don't seem tied to another agent (the newest one seems to be getting directions directly from SHELL, rather than from its host). Maybe they stabilized the process?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

You post about Sleepless Domain to complain about it literally every single time it updates. Maybe you should just stop reading it for a bit and come back later to see if you enjoy it? It's clear that what the author wants to do with the story isn't what you're currently looking for.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Wait, isn't Monsterkind also about the persecuted monster minority that are all tall handsome men, or am I unfairly characterizing the comic?

I remember I dipped back into it recently but was really really offput by the one character who seems to be Beaker scaled up, complete with giant grapefruit-sized eyes.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Man, Ava's really letting it rock and roll. This was last update but I honestly didn't expect her to just vaporize an entire audience

Also jeez these twins are really some dirtbags aren't they?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Jesus Christ.

e: If you haven't seen the update on the last post of the previous page it's about the author of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and her being literally unstoppable in the face of cancer, car crash, and nerve damage.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I love that this is a callback to literally the very first Dr McNinja comic ever made. I'm fairly certain it wasn't even on the website until later.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Might still be an oppossum adult! I mean, if mistreatment of oppossums are the norm there, she wouldn't be offended, she'd just be like 'ah, this poo poo again', with a bonus dose of, 'oh, even my friend does it'

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

FlyinPingu posted:

regarding monster pulse, do the navigation buttons at the top of the comic not work for anyone else? It's kind of driving me crazy.
yeah I keep meaning to mention it but I invariably forget about it

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Whelp, King Rad has resorted to killing a child to get at Dr. McNinja. He's pretty much hit the lowest point in his career.
It is better to live radly, than to die badly.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Wait, but isn't the new team enough proof that they can create stable weaponized prototypes? Like heck, even if they called Red up and was like "hey we're not paying for your apartment unless you come in and do some spooky blood tricks for our boss" would be enough to prove that the problem isn't viability, it's containment.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Monster Pulse has been on a roll lately. I find stories of good people doing bad things and the justifications they make for them great, but this is also the right amount of silly.

Poor Lulenski. Can't be good to be reminded of Roger like this. Also I'm glad in general the children seem to have a empathetic connection with their monsters since otherwise uh, losing your head means you'd be deaf, blind, and mute forever :gonk:

Magnolia Porter mentioned somewhere that Monster Pulse was partially inspired by Pokemon and while the story definitely hits the same beats you can't argue that it's way more effective and interesting than Another Fan Comic Where Charmander Dies Slowly In The Rain. I think it's awesome and a great lesson in how doing original content can really be great in terms of stretching yourself.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

There's also still the angry ghost that protects the sitting president, though I'm not sure if it's still active with the remodeling and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

While Awful Hospital does tend to get sidetracked by really winding adventure segments (did anything come out of the time Fern entered her own dead body? other than presumably loving poo poo up on one or more conceptual layers?) and combat sequences that I skip, Bogleech is amazing at the slimey, gross, biological art style that's really unique! There's also quite a bit of additional lore in the writing section for anyone interested.

• Locked thread